Muckcityjeeps Build thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Muckcityjeeps Build thread

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
muckcityjeep
1995 ZJ 

Muckcityjeeps Build thread

Hey guys. I have been creeping on the forum for awhile now and this thread is a little late coming but here it is.

Here is my 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo. I pieced together my own f>r lift with V8 springs in the back and skyjacker 3.5 springs in the front with skyjacker nitro shocks (They actually ride pretty well after awhile). I also had 31x10.5 Pro-Comp All Terrains put on. This all happened last summer.

Over the winter all I did was add new wheels as money was tight. This summer so far though I have added Quicker Disconnects and extended rear links. I also am in the process of installing IRO adjustable trackbars (its raining outside). I was also bored one day and replaced the stock muffler with a FM Super 44.

Oh I also painted the cladding and cut off the bottom of the bumper cover. Inspiration from MoonyJohn on that one.

Let me know what you think

http://s510.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=IMG_2007.jpg

http://s510.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=IMG_2008.jpg

http://s510.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=IMG_2009.jpg

Last edited by muckcityjeep; 07-31-2009 at 04:41 PM..
muckcityjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

No pictures.
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
muckcityjeep
1995 ZJ 

There. Fixed
Unread 07-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckcityjeep View Post
Hey guys. I have been creeping on the forum for awhile now and this thread is a little late coming but here it is.

Here is my 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo. I pieced together my own f>r lift with V8 springs in the back and skyjacker 3.5 springs in the front with skyjacker nitro shocks (They actually ride pretty well after awhile). I also had 31x10.5 Pro-Comp All Terrains put on. This all happened last summer.

Over the winter all I did was add new wheels as money was tight. This summer so far though I have added Quicker Disconnects and extended rear links. I also Just am in the process of installing IRO adjustable trackbars (its raining outside). I was also bored one day and replaced the stock muffler with a FM Super 44.

Oh I also painted the cladding and cut off the bottom of the bumper cover. Inspiration from MoonyJohn on that one.

Let me know what you think

No click.....

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
muckcityjeep
1995 ZJ 

Thanks for the no click!

Anyone feel free to post their opinion. I think the 31's look small and as it always happens with jeeps I want to go bigger. I dont know whether to grab some 32's and call it a day, or save a little longer and lift to 4.5 inches and put on 33's. Im in college so keep in mind that longs arms are not an option for a while.
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

My opinion? Save a good chunk of money and do it right once. Do a d44a swap with 4.56's, a ~4" lift and 33's and you will have a very nice jeep.
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2009, 12:05 AM   #7
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
My opinion? Save a good chunk of money and do it right once. Do a d44a swap with 4.56's, a ~4" lift and 33's and you will have a very nice jeep.
I second this. I am doing this very same thing. I'm working on getting all the axle stuff together first then all I'll have left is the lift and tires. At least thats the plan so far...

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.