mtnmarc's '99 WJ build thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > mtnmarc's '99 WJ build thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #46
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
got a driveshaft!! finally. thanks to geared up drivetrain

I was just reading through your build. How much did that driveshaft cost and how is it working out for you with the flange adapters? I would love to get one local if possible.

Unread 03-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #47
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

subscribed. You are lucky to have a free tube bender and welder for you build.
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #48
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrskey View Post
I was just reading through your build. How much did that driveshaft cost and how is it working out for you with the flange adapters? I would love to get one local if possible.
The flanges have been fine so far. They might be the reason for my drive shaft vibes. But I'm not sure. It was $300. Had it done locally and it took about a week.
Unread 03-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #49
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

mark, you should have just driven down the hill to rough stuff and bought the heims, axle, and frame brackets there...

for you 14 bolt truss, it would be difficult, if not impossible to beat dans new axle trusses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #50
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Quote:
The flanges have been fine so far. They might be the reason for my drive shaft vibes. But I'm not sure. It was $300. Had it done locally and it took about a week.
That might be the reason. From what I have read Carolina will not warranty their flange drivelines against vibes.

I would like to get one made local. I am going to get a quote from Driveline Services of Sacramento and maybe that company that you used, seems like they are reasonably priced. Hopefully I can find some JY yokes to make it cheaper. I don't think I want the flanges.
Unread 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #51
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
mark, you should have just driven down the hill to rough stuff and bought the heims, axle, and frame brackets there...

for you 14 bolt truss, it would be difficult, if not impossible to beat dans new axle trusses.
I have the shaffers offroad truss coming on the way. I really liked the designed of the whole truss with the upper link mount integrated into it.

I didn't know where ruff stuff was when I ordered them.

I'm pretty much done with link mounts that I need. Greg is gunna fab me up some upper mounts.

Have you guys heard good stuff about the foa coilovers? I'm debating them for the front.
14 inch travel with dual rate setup. And ironrock coils in the rear with bilsteins.
Unread 03-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #52
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
That might be the reason. From what I have read Carolina will not warranty their flange drivelines against vibes.

I would like to get one made local. I am going to get a quote from Driveline Services of Sacramento and maybe that company that you used, seems like they are reasonably priced. Hopefully I can find some JY yokes to make it cheaper. I don't think I want the flanges.
Geared up drivetain gets their shafts from that place in sac. I'd just go though the place is sac. I've dealt with the vibes for a year, it doesn't bother me too much. Just when people ride in my jeep, they get freaked out. Ha.

I'd suggest no flanges. Just something I'd do if i did something different.
Unread 03-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #53
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

mark, i will be doing coil overs on my jeep in the near-ish future, they will be FOA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #54
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
marc, i should have done coilovers first cuz the are the bees knees! They will be FOA.
Corrected. Ha.

I'm deciding. Ha. Finding the right spring rate to matchish the rear springs will be hard. Trial and error I guess. Ha.

I'm picking up a np231 from an 02 tj Thursday from wfo concepts in auburn. And yes, swapping the input shaft is in the plans. Ha. Now just time to rebuild the axles. Getting new manual hubs, axle u-joints, ball joints, brakes and rotors soon.

Does anyone know the spline count on the outer shaft on a 79 hp Dana 44? It is either 19 or 30. I was about to order a set of warns, but I didn't know the spline count and I haven't taken the axle apart yet.
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #55
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Geared up drivetain gets their shafts from that place in sac. I'd just go though the place is sac. I've dealt with the vibes for a year, it doesn't bother me too much. Just when people ride in my jeep, they get freaked out. Ha.

I'd suggest no flanges. Just something I'd do if i did something different.
That's good to know. No need to go up to Auburn then. Someone in the NorCal forum just had their front driveline from Sac snap right in the center. I might look to Carolina shafts, people seem to love them.
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #56
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

i would hope its 30 lol wouldnt be much of an upgrade if it was 19 would it?

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #57
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
That's good to know. No need to go up to Auburn then. Someone in the NorCal forum just had their front driveline from Sac snap right in the center. I might look to Carolina shafts, people seem to love them.
Huh. That's odd. Mine has been pretty stout so far. Hit it a few times on rocks and its still straight.

I've heard nothing but good stuff about Carolina, so it should be a good choice.
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #58
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbo1Kanerbo View Post
i would hope its 30 lol wouldnt be much of an upgrade if it was 19 would it?
Ya, that's true. I'll just hold off til i tear apart the axle to be sure. As soon as it stops snowing I'm breaking into those bad boys.
Unread 03-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #59
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Quote:
More of the sliders

Can you send post some more pictures of those sliders and how you mounted them up? Those are dirt cheap and its nice to have local dealers!
Unread 03-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #60
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Can you send post some more pictures of those sliders and how you mounted them up? Those are dirt cheap and its nice to have local dealers!
I got the angled brackets off the trail gear site. Welded them in. I'll take some pictures tomorrow if the weather isn't bad.

I'm taking a snow wheeling trip up to chalk bluff. Might try to fix my rock lights for some night wheeling.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.