mtnmarc's '99 WJ build thread - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > mtnmarc's '99 WJ build thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-31-2011, 03:48 AM   #136
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

The trimming looks good. Personally, i would continue the paint down the rear doors to match the line. You could even to grey to match your cladding.

*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #137
alwaysHI
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
The trimming looks good. Personally, i would continue the paint down the rear doors to match the line. You could even to grey to match your cladding.
x2, i agree.
alwaysHI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #138
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
That's my plan, to follow that body line all the way to the front. I want to do it all with roll on, like monstaliner. I just didn't have the time to do it all at the moment. I just needed to cover up the rusting parts from the fender trim.
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #139
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

Looking good marc.
Now quit playing with it and cut the axles out from under it already. I am hoping that when I get back from work Monday there will be an open spot in my buddies shop to put mine so I can cut my axles out as well.
Right now he has a scout, 2 cj7's, 1yj, 68 mustang, 02 mustang, and a cj8= no room to start mine.
Are you still wanting to buy my 17×8 rims?
Unread 08-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #140
scarrskey
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc

That's my plan, to follow that body line all the way to the front. I want to do it all with roll on, like monstaliner. I just didn't have the time to do it all at the moment. I just needed to cover up the rusting parts from the fender trim.
I'm leaning more towards going this route after I trim my fenders. I am starting to love the look of SaturnICL's rig. I might have to copy him.
Unread 08-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #141
MWyatt
1999 WJ 

Here's that cut I was telling you about. Thanks again for all the help yesterday.

MWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #142
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDWJ View Post
Looking good marc.
Now quit playing with it and cut the axles out from under it already. I am hoping that when I get back from work Monday there will be an open spot in my buddies shop to put mine so I can cut my axles out as well.
Right now he has a scout, 2 cj7's, 1yj, 68 mustang, 02 mustang, and a cj8= no room to start mine.
Are you still wanting to buy my 17×8 rims?
im going as fast as possible. im going to santa cruz in 3 weeks, so im trying not to spend my whole pay check on the jeep. the axles are coming along. im ordering some 5.13s with master install kits soon off pirate. then just axle shaft u joints and some ball joints and the axles will be done.

and i picked up some 16.5 inch tires, so i dont have a need for 17 inch rims. hahah
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #143
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrskey View Post
I'm leaning more towards going this route after I trim my fenders. I am starting to love the look of SaturnICL's rig. I might have to copy him.
thats basically what im gunna do. just finding time is the hard part.
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #144
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWyatt View Post
Here's that cut I was telling you about. Thanks again for all the help yesterday.

i really dont like the look of that. i like the look of complete fenders.

and no problem with yesterday. now just time to put the newer one in!
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #145
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
and i picked up some 16.5 inch tires, so i dont have a need for 17 inch rims. hahah

Same here I had sold my 37km2's when I was planning on doing the buggy. Now I have found humvee rims and tires for$ 30 each so I need to get rid of my 17's
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #146
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

ive heard the humvee tires are vvvveeerrryyy hard, which made me want to go a different direction. i need a softer tire cuz i plan on doing mostly crawling. and rocks around here arent sticky.

but hey, $30 a piece is not a bad reason to go with them!
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #147
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

Yea I have heard the same thing. But for 30 bucks its worth a shot. If nothing else I can use them for highway use and buy a set of red labels for the trails. From what I have heard going from a DOT tire to a competition tire is like going from wheeling a stock jeep to a long armed jeep. I hope they are right. The red label BFG krawlers are stupid expensive.
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #148
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

i cant bring myself to spend over $400 a tire. ive seen brand new 39.5s get punctured on the sidewall the first trip up on fordyce. ill be fine with my tires. and i have 2 spares!
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #149
MGDWJ
2004 WJ 

I know how you feel. I wish that discount tire would let you get the road hazard warranty on red labels. there is a few places that can do a hot patch on a side wall gash. Granted it is a weak spot but its not a completely wasted$ 400+ tire.
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #150
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

that would be nice. im not sure of any places around here that do that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.