mtnmarc's '99 WJ build thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 723 Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
scarrskey
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cameron Park
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
got a driveshaft!! finally. thanks to geared up drivetrain

I was just reading through your build. How much did that driveshaft cost and how is it working out for you with the flange adapters? I would love to get one local if possible.

scarrskey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 723 Old 03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Apollo21
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 3,113
subscribed. You are lucky to have a free tube bender and welder for you build.

Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...thread-902929/ SOLD
Apollo21 is offline  
post #48 of 723 Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
mtnmarc
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrskey View Post
I was just reading through your build. How much did that driveshaft cost and how is it working out for you with the flange adapters? I would love to get one local if possible.
The flanges have been fine so far. They might be the reason for my drive shaft vibes. But I'm not sure. It was $300. Had it done locally and it took about a week.

99 WJ hp44, 3 link, Eaton e locker, 14" foa coilovers in the front. 14 bolt, 4 link, grizzly locker, 12" foa coilovers in the rear. 5.38s and 37s
mtnmarc is offline  
post #49 of 723 Old 03-21-2011, 03:58 PM
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor
 
5.9 ANDY's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: southern afganistan
Posts: 5,226
mark, you should have just driven down the hill to rough stuff and bought the heims, axle, and frame brackets there...

for you 14 bolt truss, it would be difficult, if not impossible to beat dans new axle trusses.

hard working private first class in the United States Marine Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline  
post #50 of 723 Old 03-21-2011, 04:00 PM
scarrskey
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cameron Park
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
The flanges have been fine so far. They might be the reason for my drive shaft vibes. But I'm not sure. It was $300. Had it done locally and it took about a week.
That might be the reason. From what I have read Carolina will not warranty their flange drivelines against vibes.

I would like to get one made local. I am going to get a quote from Driveline Services of Sacramento and maybe that company that you used, seems like they are reasonably priced. Hopefully I can find some JY yokes to make it cheaper. I don't think I want the flanges.
scarrskey is offline  
post #51 of 723 Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
mtnmarc
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
mark, you should have just driven down the hill to rough stuff and bought the heims, axle, and frame brackets there...

for you 14 bolt truss, it would be difficult, if not impossible to beat dans new axle trusses.
I have the shaffers offroad truss coming on the way. I really liked the designed of the whole truss with the upper link mount integrated into it.

I didn't know where ruff stuff was when I ordered them.

I'm pretty much done with link mounts that I need. Greg is gunna fab me up some upper mounts.

Have you guys heard good stuff about the foa coilovers? I'm debating them for the front.
14 inch travel with dual rate setup. And ironrock coils in the rear with bilsteins.

99 WJ hp44, 3 link, Eaton e locker, 14" foa coilovers in the front. 14 bolt, 4 link, grizzly locker, 12" foa coilovers in the rear. 5.38s and 37s
mtnmarc is offline  
post #52 of 723 Old 03-22-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
mtnmarc
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrskey View Post
That might be the reason. From what I have read Carolina will not warranty their flange drivelines against vibes.

I would like to get one made local. I am going to get a quote from Driveline Services of Sacramento and maybe that company that you used, seems like they are reasonably priced. Hopefully I can find some JY yokes to make it cheaper. I don't think I want the flanges.
Geared up drivetain gets their shafts from that place in sac. I'd just go though the place is sac. I've dealt with the vibes for a year, it doesn't bother me too much. Just when people ride in my jeep, they get freaked out. Ha.

I'd suggest no flanges. Just something I'd do if i did something different.

99 WJ hp44, 3 link, Eaton e locker, 14" foa coilovers in the front. 14 bolt, 4 link, grizzly locker, 12" foa coilovers in the rear. 5.38s and 37s
mtnmarc is offline  
post #53 of 723 Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 PM
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor
 
5.9 ANDY's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: southern afganistan
Posts: 5,226
mark, i will be doing coil overs on my jeep in the near-ish future, they will be FOA.

hard working private first class in the United States Marine Corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline  
post #54 of 723 Old 03-22-2011, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
mtnmarc
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
marc, i should have done coilovers first cuz the are the bees knees! They will be FOA.
Corrected. Ha.

I'm deciding. Ha. Finding the right spring rate to matchish the rear springs will be hard. Trial and error I guess. Ha.

I'm picking up a np231 from an 02 tj Thursday from wfo concepts in auburn. And yes, swapping the input shaft is in the plans. Ha. Now just time to rebuild the axles. Getting new manual hubs, axle u-joints, ball joints, brakes and rotors soon.

Does anyone know the spline count on the outer shaft on a 79 hp Dana 44? It is either 19 or 30. I was about to order a set of warns, but I didn't know the spline count and I haven't taken the axle apart yet.

99 WJ hp44, 3 link, Eaton e locker, 14" foa coilovers in the front. 14 bolt, 4 link, grizzly locker, 12" foa coilovers in the rear. 5.38s and 37s
mtnmarc is offline  
post #55 of 723 Old 03-22-2011, 11:32 PM
scarrskey
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cameron Park
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
Geared up drivetain gets their shafts from that place in sac. I'd just go though the place is sac. I've dealt with the vibes for a year, it doesn't bother me too much. Just when people ride in my jeep, they get freaked out. Ha.

I'd suggest no flanges. Just something I'd do if i did something different.
That's good to know. No need to go up to Auburn then. Someone in the NorCal forum just had their front driveline from Sac snap right in the center. I might look to Carolina shafts, people seem to love them.
scarrskey is offline  
post #56 of 723 Old 03-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Erbo1Kanerbo
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,306
i would hope its 30 lol wouldnt be much of an upgrade if it was 19 would it?

ZJ Build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-1024680/


ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline  
post #57 of 723 Old 03-22-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
mtnmarc
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrskey View Post
That's good to know. No need to go up to Auburn then. Someone in the NorCal forum just had their front driveline from Sac snap right in the center. I might look to Carolina shafts, people seem to love them.
Huh. That's odd. Mine has been pretty stout so far. Hit it a few times on rocks and its still straight.

I've heard nothing but good stuff about Carolina, so it should be a good choice.

99 WJ hp44, 3 link, Eaton e locker, 14" foa coilovers in the front. 14 bolt, 4 link, grizzly locker, 12" foa coilovers in the rear. 5.38s and 37s
mtnmarc is offline  
post #58 of 723 Old 03-22-2011, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
mtnmarc
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbo1Kanerbo View Post
i would hope its 30 lol wouldnt be much of an upgrade if it was 19 would it?
Ya, that's true. I'll just hold off til i tear apart the axle to be sure. As soon as it stops snowing I'm breaking into those bad boys.

99 WJ hp44, 3 link, Eaton e locker, 14" foa coilovers in the front. 14 bolt, 4 link, grizzly locker, 12" foa coilovers in the rear. 5.38s and 37s
mtnmarc is offline  
post #59 of 723 Old 03-23-2011, 12:31 AM
scarrskey
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cameron Park
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
More of the sliders


Can you send post some more pictures of those sliders and how you mounted them up? Those are dirt cheap and its nice to have local dealers!
scarrskey is offline  
post #60 of 723 Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
mtnmarc
Registered User
1999 WJ 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrskey View Post
Can you send post some more pictures of those sliders and how you mounted them up? Those are dirt cheap and its nice to have local dealers!
I got the angled brackets off the trail gear site. Welded them in. I'll take some pictures tomorrow if the weather isn't bad.

I'm taking a snow wheeling trip up to chalk bluff. Might try to fix my rock lights for some night wheeling.

99 WJ hp44, 3 link, Eaton e locker, 14" foa coilovers in the front. 14 bolt, 4 link, grizzly locker, 12" foa coilovers in the rear. 5.38s and 37s
mtnmarc is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
WJ Build Thread tsconver Grand Cherokee General Discussion 251 08-30-2016 09:12 AM
Help on how to do a build thread coolio365 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 11 12-09-2011 04:14 PM
Alexsious's WJ Build Thread alexsious Grand Cherokee General Discussion 4 01-19-2011 01:28 AM
WK build thread WSPJeep Grand Cherokee General Discussion 95 11-01-2010 08:17 AM
WJ_Renegade's Build Thread XJ_Renegade Grand Cherokee General Discussion 32 12-18-2009 02:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome