Moony's 04 Rocky Mountain - Build Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Moony's 04 Rocky Mountain - Build Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Moony's 04 Rocky Mountain - Build Thread

Figured Ill make a build for this one. Its not really a build, just because im not lifting this one. I found out that I drive way too much to justify lifting a jeep and driving it all the time like that. Just wasting money, this is my baby step to saving for a house!

So that being said, I picked up a gem. 2004 WJ 4.0 with 91k miles. Two owner, with being towed behind a motor home at times. Its a 9.5 out of 10. Interior is practically new, and the exterior has minor things. Doesnt have a tow package so I got to get that still, but slowly Ill get there. All Ive done is drive it, and I got some husky floor mats in today too. Maybe one day ill get some rims when my new tires wear out, but for now its a decent sound system and tint the front windows. Pretty lame, I know. But when I get a house one day, I'll maybe start doing some fun stuff to it.

Heres the day I got it home!

Put the yakima racks on for when its time!

Took the raft out, didnt want to strap it so I managed to get it in there somehow!

Husky mats, highly recommend!

Unread 08-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
sadass
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Nice! It made me think of another cool Red Grand you owned back in the day Long time since I have read a post from you. But-that's understandable. You have have moved on and MY jeep has been parked for over a year. Good luck with the WJ , And I am loving your JK. congrats on both Jeeps. I thought I would have had my own JK by now. but no dice. I have just dumped a ton of cash into bring my 5.9 back in to action at the next level. along with other stuff, I am finally installing a new 7" IRO F/R LA's kit and bigger shoes. Mine will live again. Looks like Ill be heading over to see if you have a build going in the JK section now. Take care and again good luck with the new ride.
Unread 08-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
Nice! It made me think of another cool Red Grand you owned back in the day Long time since I have read a post from you. But-that's understandable. You have have moved on and MY jeep has been parked for over a year. Good luck with the WJ , And I am loving your JK. congrats on both Jeeps. I thought I would have had my own JK by now. but no dice. I have just dumped a ton of cash into bring my 5.9 back in to action at the next level. along with other stuff, I am finally installing a new 7" IRO F/R LA's kit and bigger shoes. Mine will live again. Looks like Ill be heading over to see if you have a build going in the JK section now. Take care and again good luck with the new ride.
Haha, i should post a series of vehicles that have been parked in that spot in my driveway.. I got rid of the JK, it was nice while I had it, but it struggled with comfort which is something I heavily heavily missed from my first WJ. Ill be following your build if you update it
Unread 08-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Ol ZJ

Unread 08-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Did some work on the trailer today

The motivator

Fast forward

All done!

Unread 08-31-2014, 01:46 AM   #6
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Looks good. Matches the WJ nicely.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Looks good. Matches the WJ nicely.
Thanks Dan

Got the fender trim back on, now im spicing up the interior! Will post pictures of the inside when its all done

Before

After one coat of paint. Needs atleast another coat or two. Going to put some carpet down, and then put plaid on the ceilings, with new curtains

Unread 08-31-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Wow! I really like that trailer and what you did to it. That would make a great week long wheeling trip trailer. I think i want one now. Good job.
Unread 09-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #9
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Thanks man!

Got everything big completed, now it can sit for the weekdays 'done'

Did 3 coats on the walls, and 2 coats on the ceiling. Made some curtains courtesy of mom, and then nailed some carpet down, and that made it complete! Spent more than I wanted on everything, but i got good comfortable carpet and then lots of paint. Still need to caulk where the trims are around the edges, but other than that its done! Rubi wheels would be sweet lol

Pinstripe

Carpet and everything in

Brother comfortable

Curtain dividing the storage area

Hopefully next post will be some camping pictures!
Unread 09-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #10
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Curious..

Anyone running JK rims and tires on a BB? I like the stance, but I dont want to sacrifice my speedo, and gas mileage. How would someone go about it?
Unread 09-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #11
motodude248
2002 WJ 

I ran the SRA Wrangler take offs on my WJ with the 2" BDS lift for awhile. When checking the speedo, my GPS would ready 65 and the WJ was reading 67. So I did not worry about it.
motodude248 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #12
platinum5.9
2003 WJ 

I was running 2.75" of lift with 255/75/17 bfg km1 and absolutely loved it. Used a set of OME HD springs 1.75" of lift and 1" spacer. Still have all my old parts
Unread 09-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #13
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Oh ok, what kind of mileage were you getting? 16-18?
Unread 09-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
platinum5.9
2003 WJ 

Yea around town and 18-21 highway
Unread 09-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #15
MoonyJohn
Blow on my Avatar

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9 View Post
Yea around time and 18-21 highway
Ok, Im getting 16 it seems with stock tires and the 4.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.