MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 2891 Old 04-11-2010, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
MoonyJohn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
You could make 2 L-bracket that has a backing plate though the bumper. Conceal them behind the license plate to make it clean.

I actually did it to my WJ a while ago but keep smashing the lights on this one obstacle so I ditch them. Wasn't very hard to do and they were quite sturdy.
Yeah I think thats what I would do. Something for the lights to hold onto. When I did it with my ZJ, I literally just screwed 2 wood screws right through the back of the hella light casting, and then put the light over it. I also drilled a hole for the wiring so it was clean. I could try that first, then see how bad it is.

Also, change of plans.

My pocketbook isnt allowing the LA upgrade, too much for me right now. I think that I will be getting the 3" IRO kit, with bilsteins, and getting premium IRO sliders with IRO BPE's. After all of that, my total is around 1080. So personally, for what I will use the jeep for, thats a pretty good deal for a lift, and protection where you need it most.

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 2891 Old 04-11-2010, 08:19 PM
ABerry
2004 WJ 

nice find john... welcome to the WJ life, I seriously need to look at getting long arms or something, I finally paid off all my credit cards which means I deserve only to load them back up with more crap haha.. if I did I would have the full IRO 3" setup for sale

IRO 3", BFG MT KM2 31's, MX-6's
University of Oregon ALUMNI GO DUCKS!
post #93 of 2891 Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
MoonyJohn
2004 WJ 

Thanks man! Im loving the WJ, such a luxury compared to the ZJ. Would you by chance be willing to sell your MX6's? then? When will you be getting a new lift? I might buy those off of you..

post #94 of 2891 Old 04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
ABerry
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
Thanks man! Im loving the WJ, such a luxury compared to the ZJ. Would you by chance be willing to sell your MX6's? then? When will you be getting a new lift? I might buy those off of you..
yup, but i'll have to figure out how and where I would put this lift on, I'd be looking at the 5.5 LA kit which seems like it would be pretty involved and I wouldn't ask for your help without giving you some sort of compensation. Would you be interested in something like that? When are you planning on purchasing the lift, and would you be interested in anything but the shocks, everything would have to go on mine

IRO 3", BFG MT KM2 31's, MX-6's
University of Oregon ALUMNI GO DUCKS!
post #95 of 2891 Old 04-11-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
MoonyJohn
2004 WJ 

Well, I will be ordering my lift in a few days, but I wont get it until a month and a half after that. The only thing I really need is the shocks though, so if thats ok with you, then that would be awesome. What would you want for price?

I can help with the lift, but bring others cause 2 guys is pretty slow.

post #96 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Greengc4x4
1998 ZJ 

Id say in exchange for his help, just give him the shocks Or John could be a good jeeper and do it for free haha
post #97 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 12:18 AM
CostcoPizza
Fresh Baked

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengc4x4 View Post
Id say in exchange for his help, just give him the shocks Or John could be a good jeeper and do it for beer haha
Fixed.

post #98 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 12:22 AM
merkur92
2002 WJ 

How about $20 for the yoke.I have a brand new set of bpe's i would sell them to you for halfprice if you want them.They are from Kevins.I ended up not needing them.

2002 Overland wj,JK rubicon dana 44s, np231, 6" rock krawler long arm lift,ARB front bumper,warn winch,JCR rock sliders,33" toyo M/T,s.
post #99 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Greengc4x4
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amauri View Post
Fixed.

Ofcourse! How forgetful of me
post #100 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 PM
bigbluezj94
1994 ZJ 

i cant even see the pics of the dub cos im on a gov computer but idk why you bought one. lol they are nothing but more expensive mods and problems esp seeing that it has over 200K on it. sure its a bit nicer but you are 18 years old and dont even have a job. the last thing i would want to be doing is starting over with a WJ. lol

also, you would have to be a tard in order to spend 4.5K on a 95 laredo. No offense but i wouldnt pay 2 for it. They just arent worth it and waiting around isnt helping anything, the value only goes down.

all negativity aside, congrats on the new rig and i wish you the best of luck with your new build

94 Grand Cherokee Laredo ZJ, lifted, 37s, yada yada yada
BigBlue build 33s, 6in lift and short arms

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BigBlue build 3/4 ton axles, LAs, 37s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 Grand Cherokee Laredo WJ, 4.7 liter, 247 Quadra Trac II, fully loaded

post #101 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
RedZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluezj94 View Post
i cant even see the pics of the dub cos im on a gov computer but idk why you bought one. lol they are nothing but more expensive mods and problems esp seeing that it has over 200K on it. sure its a bit nicer but you are 18 years old and dont even have a job. the last thing i would want to be doing is starting over with a WJ. lol

also, you would have to be a tard in order to spend 4.5K on a 95 laredo. No offense but i wouldnt pay 2 for it. They just arent worth it and waiting around isnt helping anything, the value only goes down.
where were you when he was asking if he should get it. xD

I think it will look good with the fogs on the bumper.

post #102 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
MoonyJohn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluezj94 View Post

all negativity aside, congrats on the new rig and i wish you the best of luck with your new build
No offense taken, this is my decision. Its just that my jeep still needed some work too, and I was just kind of getting tired of having the same Jeep and this jeep came up. It really is in really good condition, mechanically everything works, even the heated seats, sunroof, and all the other bells and whistles. Plus, this jeep will be more of a low key project for now, only mild modifications, like the 4" lift, sliders, and some other odds and ends to get the basics. The trails around here are boring in the summer anyways, everything is dry.

Also its fun to learn how to work on a different Jeep. I knew a ZJ pretty well, let see if I can do the same with a WJ.

As for updates, looks like I get my new timing chain cover tomorrow, will be putting that on later this week/weekend. Comes with a new water pump too so thats nice. After that, no more mechanic issues

As for mods, what do you guys think of this?

IRO 4"
IRO Budget Sliders
IRO BPE's
Procomp MX6
RC 1.5" Wheel Spacers

All of that adds up to 887.96 after IRO's group buy.

Ill probably add in a new steering stabilizer too, and be getting a CB for it later.

EDIT: And thank you bigblue, it will be a nice new build for me.

post #103 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
xJoshxx
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
No offense taken, this is my decision. Its just that my jeep still needed some work too, and I was just kind of getting tired of having the same Jeep and this jeep came up. It really is in really good condition, mechanically everything works, even the heated seats, sunroof, and all the other bells and whistles. Plus, this jeep will be more of a low key project for now, only mild modifications, like the 4" lift, sliders, and some other odds and ends to get the basics. The trails around here are boring in the summer anyways, everything is dry.

Also its fun to learn how to work on a different Jeep. I knew a ZJ pretty well, let see if I can do the same with a WJ.

As for updates, looks like I get my new timing chain cover tomorrow, will be putting that on later this week/weekend. Comes with a new water pump too so thats nice. After that, no more mechanic issues

As for mods, what do you guys think of this?

IRO 4"
IRO Budget Sliders
IRO BPE's
Procomp MX6
RC 1.5" Wheel Spacers

All of that adds up to 887.96 after IRO's group buy.

Ill probably add in a new steering stabilizer too, and be getting a CB for it later.

EDIT: And thank you bigblue, it will be a nice new build for me.
didn't think you got a discount on NON-IRO.

Sold4" Hybrid lift TeraFlex coils IRO Adjustable LA's Jks tracbar 1.25spidertrax spacers 265/75/16 Dura-tracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by moPowered View Post
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2 sold
2012 WK2 SRT8 - Current
99 WJ Limited Lifted.
2001 WJ stock 4.0 304k miles
post #104 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
MoonyJohn
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
didn't think you got a discount on NON-IRO.
Thats with just the IRO stuff calculated out.

post #105 of 2891 Old 04-12-2010, 10:21 PM
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

looks like a good plan john. i've been wanting to get a cb for my jeep but i didnt want to have to order an antenna and stuff like that but then remembered they sell that stuff at the truck stops in between kansas city and manhattan haha. just gotta get motivated to finally do it. i personally cant wait too see your dub after the mods

1996 ZJ- 4.0, AX-15 5SPD/NP242, RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten

December 2010 GCOTM

5spd ZJ Club Member 001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengc4x4 View Post
Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rritch View Post
plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:

RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.