Molly: WyoZJ's Build thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Molly: WyoZJ's Build thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #16
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

it sure is

Front and rear Trailready bumpers, roof rack, IRO Rear long arms, and HD adjustable track bar for sale
WyoZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #17
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

It's been slow goin on the long arms with being so busy and not being able to get into my buddies shop when i'm free but tommorrow I'll be driving to Greely to pic up some goodies

Pics to follow

Front and rear Trailready bumpers, roof rack, IRO Rear long arms, and HD adjustable track bar for sale
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

Wow. Haven't touched this thread in a hell of a long time. Since my last post I've moved 4-5 times, worked on the jeep some, beat on it a little, started Grad school and I'm now starting to make some changed to her.

I swapped in an AX15 (went smooth, if you're thinking about this swap it's EASY), got a little body damage (woooops), and did a lot of little fixes and mods. Now I'm Gonna take things up a notch.
Here's what's to come:

1. SIMPLE and light bumpers (Trailreadys are gonna go. Buy them!)
2. Ditch the roof rack (buy it!)
3. double my t-case, and maybe add a short slave shaft and do a complete flat belly. What I have planned wont work with the IRO cross member so the whole set up and track bar are also for sale!
4. Boatsides. WITH doors
5. Cage, probably hybrid
6. Hi-steer (might keep the turdy, at least for a while, or go to a D44)

And probably some other random stuff thrown in.

I'll try to throw up some current pics in the next day or two

Unread 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #19
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

Current picture, not a very good one. Ordering steel today for boatsides and rear 4 link and x-member

Unread 08-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #20
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

Got started on the boatsides last night. Figured I would start there on the list since it will be the most time consuming and cheapest material wise. Then I can knock out some of the other stuff once I sell off my bumpers, roof rack, long arms, and track bar.

Stripped the interior on the passenger side (dirty as heck I know, been sitting outside all summer with no doors on). Also started a rear seat mod that will come into play later. I'm excited about it

here is where the new rocker will sit

Put the doors back on and found the cut line. Think I'm going to keep the doors on while I cut to make the cut same on everything

A tube propped up about where it will sit off the rocker.

Where I'll be cutting does take off some of where the seat belt mounts. Either going to move it up, or install a set of harnesses. Haven't quite decided yet but leaning towards getting my B-pillar done at the same time and attaching harnesses to it

Unread 08-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #21
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

Chopped the passenger side last night:

Pretty big hole

box tube mocked up with a trash can for reference. Will have over 31" of clearance at the rocker when it's all said and done

Hard to tell the scale completely but they are gonna be HIGH

Unread 08-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #22
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

I like it! This is gonna be awesome, please show all the details until finished.
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #23
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJEeP_wj View Post
I like it! This is gonna be awesome, please show all the details until finished.
Second that! Looks really good. Would like to see how you redo the door seal.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

The door seal is the only thing i'm that worried about. I've got a couple Ideas, I might try them both and see which works better

Unread 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #25
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoZJ View Post
The door seal is the only thing i'm that worried about. I've got a couple Ideas, I might try them both and see which works better
Look forward to seeing those ideas. I was thinking about this very modification for mine.

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #26
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

Little more progress last week

Have about 6.5 beers of clearance at the rocker

with a piece of wood clamped on to get an idea of the slope when the UHMW gets on

Unread 09-05-2013, 02:11 AM   #27
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

Looking kick ***.

Flying under the radar. You need a bench of bolt on crap to draw attention here. Friggen 30+ page build threads, with just CHAT!
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #28
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Looking good man. Can't wait to see some more updates.

North Alabama Jeep
Unread 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #29
CRJEeP_wj
2002 WJ 

Any more updates on the boat sides? Do you plan to tie a cage into it?
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #30
WyoZJ
1994 ZJ 

FINALLY got to do some work on the jeep for the first time in a couple weeks. Got the boatside about 95% done. Just need to cap the ends with some plate, make a few more welds on the floor, and add plastic. And yes, the cage will get tied into the b-pillar stanchion.

nuts welded to the plate

painted up

looks a bit like a Subaru outback from this angle

I didnt take pictures of it, but I did have to weld a small piece of angle and a nut to the b-pillar stanchion to keep use of the stock seatbelt, which will eventually get replaced by harnesses

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.