McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #121
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ
Who closes a car wash just because it's "Below Freezing"??? haha

In other news, the wires for the speakers are all run. Just need to finish this carpet (again, it needs to be warm out so the glue sticks) and I can throw the interior back in!!! Anybody remember these? They've been sitting on the shelf mocking me for a month now.

In other OTHER news, I got another job. I'm now a Contracting PRO at the local Home Depot on the weekends... More Jeep money! Or rent money...
Now would be a great time to do some carbon fiber wrap,don't know how it would look inside the 9r tho..

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #122
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Now would be a great time to do some carbon fiber wrap,don't know how it would look inside the 9r tho..
That's what that brushed aluminum looking stuff is. It's the same 3M wrap that gcjeeping and Tomahawk have. The only difference is the pattern.

The niner came with wood grain trim that looks... dated. The CF stuff is cool, but i think it'd be a little out of place.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #123
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Ol. Sorry! I'm used to the brushed aluminum in the dub. I've been contemplating CF or Black and grey digital camo

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #124
nickhay13
1998 ZJ 

Subbed your thread. Crazy progress.
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #125
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhay13 View Post
Subbed your thread. Crazy progress.
Thanks. Look for big things to come as soon as I get my packages from Crown/Kolak!
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #126
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

I've learned to never be in a rush when ordering from Nick
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #127
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
I've learned to never be in a rush when ordering from Nick
I'm not in a rush. Patience is a virtue, and I've been told I'm very virtuous. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. On the other hand, I've had one run in with DW more than I'd like to. This should fix all of that right up.
Unread 01-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #128
kumar94

Subbed for sure, I think you're my motivation for picking up another Jeep. Great great great thread. Thanks bud.
kumar94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #129
greenmachine99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar94
Subbed for sure, I think you're my motivation for picking up another Jeep. Great great great thread. Thanks bud.
You have no idea how bad this guy makes me want a niner!
greenmachine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #130
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachine99 View Post
You have no idea how bad this guy makes me want a niner!
Thanks fellas! If you want to see it progress faster, feel free to donate to McCloud's Jeep Rebuild Foundation. I'll get you a sticker or something.

In other news, I broke out the multi-meter and confirmed something that I'd been suspecting for a little while. I already know my ****ty 90A remanufactured alternator (thanks again, PO) is on it's way out. I checked my battery after letting it sit for a couple days and I was at 11.8V. I know it was 12.5 when I parked it. So, In addition to the alternator ****ing with me, I have a parasitic drain somewhere. FSM says 0.035A is acceptable. Mine is somewhere in the 0.135-0.15A range. Not terrible, but the below freezing temperatures make starting difficult on a low battery.

Time to start pulling fuses. Then looking for wires... Aargh. Tracking these down is a pain. I suspect the alternator is giving me some diode backdraw as well.
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #131
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Totally unrelated note, I don't like this cold. Snowshoe WV opens May 20th. I had to sit last season out. I'm supposed to be working right now but I'm making plans to go to WV and playing on JF instead... Oops. I can't wait until it warms up a little.

Unread 01-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #132
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

The cold sucks. Iv got abunch of stuff to do. But a non heated shop. Iv got some stuff to do the the interior. So I might just run the jeep and have the heat on haha
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #133
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
The cold sucks. Iv got abunch of stuff to do. But a non heated shop. Iv got some stuff to do the the interior. So I might just run the jeep and have the heat on haha
Working on that center console?

Just watch out for CO poisoning. Been there, done that. It really does sneak up on you. I had an "Oh no moment." I had been laying on the floor in my truck messing with something (with it turned on in a closed garage because it was cold) for what I thought was just a couple minutes. Well, I couldn't get up when I tried to--my muscles just didn't want to work. I panicked, collected myself, and forced myself to get outside and passed out in the driveway. I felt ****ed up for days after that. I was literally minutes away from being dead.
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #134
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

Working on that center console?

Just watch out for CO poisoning. Been there, done that. It really does sneak up on you. I had an "Oh **** moment." I had been laying on the floor in my truck messing with something (with it turned on in a closed garage because it was cold) for what I thought was just a couple minutes. Well, I couldn't get up when I tried to. I panicked, forced myself to get outside and passed out in the driveway. I felt ****ed up for days after that. I was literally minutes away from being dead.
Yep going to build something to cover the wires I have coming out the front. As well as mount my mag light and a gerber knife to the side. Make a face plate for 12v plugs and wire those on a relay. That is if I don't work. That's not good at all ill be sure to have the garage door opened a bit.
Unread 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #135
greenmachine99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Totally unrelated note, **** this cold. Snowshoe WV opens May 20th. I had to sit last season out. I'm supposed to be working right now but I'm making plans to go to WV and playing on JF instead... Oops. I can't wait until it warms up a little.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du3Iap2F9ps
I snowboard at snowshoe. I've always wanted to ride their bike park. Used to ride whitetail ski resort in pa till they stopped biking. Snowshoes trails look nasty!
greenmachine99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.