McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #106
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Weather advisory shut down schools today and called for 4"-6" of snow... This is what I get instead. Stupid Virginia. In other news, my Tcase linkage snapped this morning. I went to try out 4LO. Nothing...

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #107
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I knew the snow gods wouldn't forsake me! Already pulled two people out. One of them being the girl's Hyundai that you see here safe at home. The new tires (you know, the ones with tread) are definitely an improvement in the snow.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #108
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Man I wish it would snow seriously here. We've had 2 snowfalls and only about maybe 4" total combined.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #109
redbeard144
1994 ZJ 

did you fix the tcase linkage before it snowed.that's my luck the 4x4 breaks the day before snow..
redbeard144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #110
FaaipdeOiad
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
Man I wish it would snow seriously here. We've had 2 snowfalls and only about maybe 4" total combined.
It hasn't snowed "seriously" here either. Looks nice but that's as far as it went. Started around 3 and stopped by 7.

BTW the ZJ seems to be coming along nicely. Good work.
FaaipdeOiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #111
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Started the carpet install! Finally...

One more shot of the nice insulation.

I decided to do away with the little tie down d rings in the floor.

The time for subtle tactics is over. POP! Off they come. Then a little dot of silicone to seal it all back up.

The first cut is the hardest...

One last test fit...

Final placement! Not glued in place yet. My carpet glue was all dried out.
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #112
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I also started running the wires for the Infinity Bypass.

I decided running the wires up through the dash was the least painful route. Forgive the road salt all over the windshield.

Down the little hole...

Through the boot.

I cut a little notch in the plastic insert that goes into the door for the wire to run through. Not my prettiest work, but the boot covers it up and still seals the hole.

The little one was helping me. Well, she was helping me until she jumped out of the Jeep and rolled in the mud. That got her a mid-day bath.
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #113
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Thumbsup bro, if i only got the time to do as much as you do,,,,
Jeep coming together great, keep on!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #114
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Thumbsup bro, if i only got the time to do as much as you do,,,,
Jeep coming together great, keep on!
Thanks! The company I work for has had a lot of down time the last week and a half. It's good because I get some quality Jeep time in, but bad because I don't make any money if I'm not working. The owner is talking about shutting the company down after one more job. So in addition to working on the Jeep, I've been looking for another job haha.

Nobody seems to want to hire one of those damn college kids, though.
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #115
adavis39
2002 WJ 

[QUOTE=McCloudsZJ;14827342]Started the carpet install! Finally...

[QUOTE]

looks like you may need some new lift gate shocks......broom handles work too though
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #116
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ

Thanks! The company I work for has had a lot of down time the last week and a half. It's good because I get some quality Jeep time in, but bad because I don't make any money if I'm not working. The owner is talking about shutting the company down after one more job. So in addition to working on the Jeep, I've been looking for another job haha.

Nobody seems to want to hire one of those damn college kids, though.
I am sorry to hear about that, good luck with the job hunt.
Good thing that you atleast Get some quality Jeep time.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #117
redbeard144
1994 ZJ 

[quote=adavis39;14827479][QUOTE=McCloudsZJ;14827342]Started the carpet install! Finally...

Quote:

looks like you may need some new lift gate shocks......broom handles work too though
my lift gate shocks are shout to.i use vise grips to hold mine open..good luck on the job hunt its tough out there.
redbeard144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #118
A_Ninja_Racer

I'm guessing because I don't see a name brand on that sound deadiner that you went with that Peal and seal stuff. If so have you driven it around and did it make much of a difference? I ask because I read some where that it takes several more layers to be as efficient as products like Dynamat. I'm only asking because I have been interested in hearing an honest report of how well it worked.

Also I was looking at the pictures and comments on your carpet and while it looks like a vast improvement over the original in regards to how clean it is and the lack of ware non of the pictures you took look like it fits as snug as the original carpeting did. And then I saw you reference something about Carpet glue so I'm now wondering what exactly are you going to glue?

It is a great looking project so far I'm really impressed with all you have done in a short amount of time and can't wait to see it once you get everything back together.
A_Ninja_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #119
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
I'm guessing because I don't see a name brand on that sound deadiner that you went with that Peal and seal stuff. If so have you driven it around and did it make much of a difference? I ask because I read some where that it takes several more layers to be as efficient as products like Dynamat. I'm only asking because I have been interested in hearing an honest report of how well it worked.
I sure did. It might not be quite as thick as Dynamat, but its better than nothing and it was only $45 to do the whole interior. The difference between no insulation and Peel and Seal with carpet is HUGE. Maybe not as good as Dynamat, but for the price of Dynamat, you could cover the whole inside three times with this stuff. It was highly recommended by some people on another forum I frequent.

Quote:
Also I was looking at the pictures and comments on your carpet and while it looks like a vast improvement over the original in regards to how clean it is and the lack of ware non of the pictures you took look like it fits as snug as the original carpeting did. And then I saw you reference something about Carpet glue so I'm now wondering what exactly are you going to glue?
Carpet is glued in. Even the OEM stuff is (if you ever have to take it out, be mentally prepared for 30 minutes of hard pulling). That's the only way to get it to look "snug". You can use Velcro or carpet tape--I like using the spray on stuff. I used it in my truck and on all of my speaker boxes that I've built. It's easy to do and sticks like, well, like glue. He explains in this video at like 3:00 minutes in or something.

This is one of the speaker boxes I made. After you spray on the glue, you press everything down to get that "snug" look.

Quote:
It is a great looking project so far I'm really impressed with all you have done in a short amount of time and can't wait to see it once you get everything back together.
Thanks!
Unread 01-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #120
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Who closes a car wash just because it's "Below Freezing"??? haha

In other news, the wires for the speakers are all run. Just need to finish this carpet (again, it needs to be warm out so the glue sticks) and I can throw the interior back in!!! Anybody remember these? They've been sitting on the shelf mocking me for a month now.

In other OTHER news, I got another job. I'm now a Contracting PRO at the local Home Depot on the weekends... More Jeep money! Or rent money...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.