McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #91
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
Is your soundbar tan or is that the camera?
It's not the camera. My soundbar is... naked. That's the foam under where the headliner material should have been. Redoing that and the headliner is somewhere on the list of things to do...

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #92
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

The puppies are here for moral support this morning while I shop for tires...

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #93
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

What size are you going with?
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #94
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Not sure if it's still going on, but Sears had a special on Goodyears. They were doing $160 off if you bought four.
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #95
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

New shoes are on. 235/70/16s. Craigslist comes through again! Pictures come to those that wait.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #96
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

In other news, the new tires are on. 235/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler H/T's with less than 5,000 miles on them. $160 mounted and out the door. That's total--not per tire. Craigslist comes through again! They're a little bigger than before, but I like it. And the price was right. AAAAND!!! The guy who mounted my tires, I found out, owns a Deep Slate niner that I've seen around town. So, we talked Jeeps while I helped mount the tires. He didn't believe that the "Coolant Sensor Bad" fix was as easy as re-soldering the VIC... I think I made a new friend hahaha.

These tires will hold me over until I find something in stock that I like. They're better than the bald ones that came on it.

I'd really like to find some General UHPs, but nobody carries them in my size. Anyway, on to the pictures...

Unread 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #97
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Got some supplies for my weekend project...

Unread 01-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #98
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Differentials are done. Two hours with hand tools and a beautiful 72F January morning.

The covers (under all the dirt) used to be blue.

Not for long!

Action shot!

There a chip on one of my teeth.

Cleaned, painted, primed... Not in that order...

Front:

Rear...

Unread 01-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #99
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I read "differentials are done" and thought you germs fed your diffs. Good thing you didn't.
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #100
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Damn, 7 pages of build thread already. This thing has come a long way fast!
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #101
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Gah... I have the day off and it's pouring rain. I can't even go out and wash it. Here's a picture of it after work yesterday. You know, for both of you following this build.

Unread 01-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #102
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

lol, what are you planning?

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #103
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ View Post
lol, what are you planning?
I have all of this nice new steering linkage from Kolak, new isolators from Kolak, a new steering stabilizer, new shocks that need to go on, and an interior that needs re-installed. I have the day off. The girl is at work. Aaaand I have no garage to work in. And it's raining.

So I'm looking at JF.
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #104
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Spent some time with the Jeep today because the weather was a little nicer. On the agenda: finally remove the AC drier and clean the throttle body and the IAC. Anybody know just how much oil in the intake justifies the plenum repair? There might be a thin coat on the inside, but there's definitely nothing sitting on the bottom like some people have.

Anyway, on to the cleaning.

All done...

IAC

These little quick disconnects are straight from Satan.

Logan's "Pile of **** That Has No Business In My Engine Bay"

Getting there...

All buttoned up. I want to get some plugs for the old AC holes. Just something to plug them up that looks clean. I also need to find somewhere new to run that coolant temp sensor wire that's just sitting there.
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #105
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ
Gah... I have the day off and it's pouring rain. I can't even go out and wash it. Here's a picture of it after work yesterday. You know, for both of you following this build.
Jeep look super Nice, Thumbsup!
Keep up the good work.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.