McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #46
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I Christmas shop for my zj every other Friday... Pay day is every other Thursday and check gets deposited Friday. And I can't help but spend money on it.

Unread 12-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #47
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Put in new spark plugs, wires, and air filter. It seems to have solved the low RPM hesitation. Pulled the intake tube off. I see oil :

Got her tagged. MY NINER plates should show up in a week or two.

Also moved on to phase two of interior tear down. Back seats, center console, and the entire dash are out. It just keeps getting more disgusting. Can't wait to start cleaning and putting her back together. With the new Brushed Aluminum 3M vinyl, the new sound system, new carpet, and switch panel of course .

No pictures today. Camera was dead. Good things come to those that wait, though.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #48
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Spark plugs I pulled today. Gross...

Did some work tonight in the dark. Popped the louvers off. Found this filth. Needless to say, that all got washed off.

Then I washed the drip pans. Then painted them Krylon Fusion Black. Nothing on the Jeep is getting put back dirty. Dirty vs Clean:

Painted. Then painted and installed.

The louvers were looking pretty bad, so they got sandblasted and Plastidipped. Those are drops of water from washing them off in the second picture, not paint bubbles.

Also started Plastidipping the badges... Daylight pictures to come.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #49
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

UPS man brought the first of several boxes I'm expecting...

Unread 12-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #50
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Great job rescuing that niner. Keep the pics coming! Are you going to replace the carpet and insulation? Then you dont have to worry about mystery odors and stains anymore.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #51
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ
Sweet, sometimes i wish i lived in US,
with 1day overnight shipping......
Great job so far, keep it up, waiting to see it come together again.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #52
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Off to weld in some seat belt brackets...
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #53
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Decent speakers. Got them in the rear doors on my ram.
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #54
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

There are two things that I don't mind spending money on. The UPS man brought shiny things for both of them today. The Brushed Aluminum 3M Vinyl Wrap looks better than I had expected. It's going to be pretty nice. If I ever get time to put it on...

Two more packages :

Door number 1:

I had kind of hoped this was my head unit. Oh well... Door number 2:
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #55
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^That brushed Alu vinyl look sick!
Cant wait to see it in the Jeep.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #56
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Started wrapping.

Before:

During:

After:
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #57
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

This should be interesting. I always like the fake wood. You should have wrapped a junkyard shifter bezel and sold the 'wood' one, I think the 5.9 is the only one with that piece.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #58
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
This should be interesting. I always like the fake wood. You should have wrapped a junkyard shifter bezel and sold the 'wood' one, I think the 5.9 is the only one with that piece.
And now mine is the only one with the aluminum looking trim (that I know of). The wood was in pretty disgusting shape, so this is an improvement in my book. If I don't like it, I'll peel it off.
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #59
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Good job. Did you need a heat gun to get it to mold around corners? This reminds me I have to use the Mossy Oak Camo vinyl wrap for my stock on my .22 project.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #60
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I should be studying for my CFD final tomorrow. Instead, I put my awesome MS Paint skills to work and made a new avatar for JF... Priorities.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.