McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #376
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

The atc on the niner has some issues, if the blower motor control arcs and melts it can over stress the ac and crack the hoses.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #377
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Took some fresh pics of my even fresher interior.

Before...

After...

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #378
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Finally fixed the annoying "Coolant Sensor Bad" beep from my VIC with a little help from gcjeeping. It's a lot quieter now!

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 05-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #379
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Wow that interior was NASTY before. Nice work.
Unread 05-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #380
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Went to the junkyard because they called me and told me they had a brand new 98 ZJ in! The early bird gets the worm (and the second mouse gets the cheese). I was literally the first person to touch this beauty.

This poor thing is sitting right at the entrance to the Jeep section. It makes me want to cry a little.

The new one they got was a... 2WD model!

Notice anything missing? He wants $150 for the empty axle.

Some of the other poor kids in the graveyard.

To the victor go the spoils. I got a new air hat for my niner, a key fob (because I don't have one), a factory amp for Princess, a marker for Princess, and a fuzzy 2WD cubby from the new ZJ. Out the door for $40. The dude wants $200 for a Kegger, so I'll keep looking...
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #381
x10radsponge
1998 ZJ 

So, what are you plans for the airhat? I saw your post about putting it up by the windshield. Still gonna try that?
x10radsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #382
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10radsponge View Post
So, what are you plans for the airhat? I saw your post about putting it up by the windshield. Still gonna try that?
The plan is to use the Durango air hat in its intended orientation (mouth pointed starboard) and put an open-ended filter under the cowl cover. Kinda like this one

I'm going to drill some holes straight down from the hole where the filter goes to give water some place to go other than into my intake.

I walked into Advanced and walked out with every filter they had (with some of the employees giving me a funny look) to test for fit plausibility. There's only one that will fit and allow me to retain the cowl cover. It's a Specter (boo!) 5" diameter by 6" length. The 6.5" diameter ones just don't fit.

As far as the plumbing goes, I haven't decided if I want to just do PVC with header wrap or stainless steel. It's gotta look nice in addition to working well.

I also have to find some way to dress the Durango air hat up... It's an eye sore all by itself.
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #383
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Also, angry eyes because I'm a ****ing trendsetter.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Unread 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #384
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Recorded a 6.7 second 0-60 with my nifty new GPS app. With 350lbs of tools and a full tank of gas.
Unread 06-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #385
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Got some stuff to show both ZJs some love today.

Unread 06-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #386
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

A torrential downpour put a hold on the lovemaking. Took the opportunity to dress up the new air hat instead.

Unread 08-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #387
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

It's been a while since I've shown JF any love. Decided against the Durango air hat. Got one of these nifty things instead.

Of course it didnt stay chrome...

Also bored the TB to 51mm and polished it to a mirror finish.

And added a new sticker.

Street queens flex... Sort of...

All of the skids and hooks came off of the niner and went in the wife's ZJ. There's also a set of 31x10.5s waiting to go on her Jeep as soon as its a little taller. I figure I need at least one Jeep I can drive through a mud puddle and not worry about getting stuck. As soon as we finish getting her lifted and get some sliders she'll be ready for some abuse.

Unread 08-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #388
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

How does the air hat thing do for performance? That would buy plenty of room for more crap where the stock box goes.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #389
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Haven't shown JF a lot of love recently. Sold the niner a couple weeks ago.

Lowered it, a couple more under hood goodies.. I don't remember what all I did and didn't post here.

Currently searching for another niner with less than 125,000 miles for a real go-fast build. Looking for 13s (or faster) in the 1/4. The other ZJ has fully assumed all winter/off road/bad weather duty.

Unread 12-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #390
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ
Haven't shown JF a lot of love recently. Sold the niner a couple weeks ago. Lowered it, a couple more under hood goodies.. I don't remember what all I did and didn't post here. Currently searching for another niner with less than 125,000 miles for a real go-fast build. Looking for 13s (or faster) in the 1/4. The other ZJ has fully assumed all winter/off road/bad weather duty. Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
You should've kept it man! Hopefully you got a good price though. Loved watching this build, can't wait for the next.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.