McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 05-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #361
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Got this because it was half off. I figure for $10 it couldn't hurt. Plus the radiator looks lonely without the AC.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum

In the works: H&Rs, Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #362
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Wash and wax again. I'll get her looking nice if it's the last thing I do.

Oh and a new battery holder bracket thingy... It's red.
In the works: H&Rs, Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #363
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

I need a new battery holder...where'd you get yours from?
Unread 05-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #364
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Wash and wax again. I'll get her looking nice if it's the last thing I do.

Oh and a new battery holder bracket thingy... It's red.
Lookin' good!
Unread 05-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #365
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Where'd you get the battery bracket thingy? My niner is missing it.

Other than the purple bumper it's sweet!

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #366
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov
Where'd you get the battery bracket thingy? My niner is missing it.

Other than the purple bumper it's sweet!
Advanced Auto. It was in the clearance bin with the PS cooler. $3 impulse buy.

Unread 05-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #367
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

So if any of you are ever in the southern VA area and need to get your vehicle inspected, I'd stay away from Mitchell's Auto on Bandy Road in Roanoke. Most VA inspections take about an hour. I was in and out in 8 minutes. On the way home I noticed a new rattle. And a new squeak. I pulled in to my parking space and got out and noticed... A lug nut rolling towards me. My lug nut rolling towards me. Those mother ****ers didn't torque ANY of the lug nuts on the left rear wheel. They were all finger tight.

So on to the squeak. Right rear wheel. Popped it off and found it right away. Parking brake was stuck. Pulled it loose and lubed it real well. No problem. Except... I've been using my parking brake for months and its never stuck. Not even a little. Oh well, we'll come back to that. On to the rattle!

The parking brake cable on the right was melted to the top of my exhaust. Every time I hit a bump it came off and rattled. The only thing I can figure is that the goons that inspected it were a little too rough on her. They gouged the wheels with their air ratchet. Messed my nice paint all up.
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #368
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Dude you gotta order some of that Mopar spray paint and take care of that bumper. lol
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #369
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug
Dude you gotta order some of that Mopar spray paint and take care of that bumper. lol
I have it. It's sitting in the garage.

Unread 05-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #370
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

How much did that run ya? I need some for touch-ups around mine. There are parts that look straight-up s****y...
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #371
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

On days like today I wonder why I even bother trying to wash the Jeep. My new parking space is right under a pine tree. **** all this pollen, **** all these pine needles, and double **** all this sap dripping all over my hood!

Oh and I've been driving the Jeep instead of the work trucks because, well, I hate driving the work trucks. So I have a jackhammer ridding shot gun right now.

Unread 05-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #372
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Genesis 5.9: And the LORD said, "LET THERE BE METAL."

And his humble servant, Logan, heard the LORD and made it so.

In other news, I finished the HU install and speaker wiring. Best sounding BT streaming I've ever heard. Blows Dad's TL out of the water. I rode around for 30 minutes with the windows down and the music up. It felt good... Even with all 10 speakers working, it's missing something on the bottom end.

Need... Subwoofers... Now...

The current set up just doesn't do the double bass justice. I miss having the subs take the breath out of my chest.

Unread 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #373
adavis39
2002 WJ 

McClouds....question for ya. Im looking at pulling the trigger on a 9er next week. Overall great shape. Spotless interior. 175k miles. Only real problem is that the AC stopped blowing cold. AC compressor kicks on but turns back off after only a few minutes. Im thinking its as simple as low freon and the compressor kicking off due to low pressure. what ya think? I dont think its a compressor issues since it actually turns on
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #374
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
McClouds....question for ya. Im looking at pulling the trigger on a 9er next week. Overall great shape. Spotless interior. 175k miles. Only real problem is that the AC stopped blowing cold. AC compressor kicks on but turns back off after only a few minutes. Im thinking its as simple as low freon and the compressor kicking off due to low pressure. what ya think? I dont think its a compressor issues since it actually turns on
Have you been stalking me on other forums? Literally dealt with this yesterday on the new-to-me 96 ZJ.

http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...lutch-no-worky

Long story short, throw a gauge on the low pressure side and see what it reads. It's almost definitely low and the compressor only kicks on after the low side builds enough pressure. If it has enough freon, the low side should be at a high enough pressure that the compressor runs all of the time.

1.5 cans of 134a later and I have air coming out at 50F. All is well in the world.

Also, just FWIW, I'm switching to this stuff instead of 134a from now on. It's cheaper and it's a larger molocule so it's less prone to leaking. And it cools better...

http://www.es-refrigerants.com/produ...rant&Trying=ON
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #375
adavis39
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Have you been stalking me on other forums? Literally dealt with this yesterday on the new-to-me 96 ZJ.

http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...lutch-no-worky

Long story short, throw a gauge on the low pressure side and see what it reads. It's almost definitely low and the compressor only kicks on after the low side builds enough pressure. If it has enough freon, the low side should be at a high enough pressure that the compressor runs all of the time.

1.5 cans of 134a later and I have air coming out at 50F. All is well in the world.

Also, just FWIW, I'm switching to this stuff instead of 134a from now on. It's cheaper and it's a larger molocule so it's less prone to leaking. And it cools better...

http://www.es-refrigerants.com/produ...rant&Trying=ON
haha....nope wasnt me, but an excellent coincidence. thanks for the info
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.