McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #331
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ

Buy it, fix it, sell it

Done this 2 3 different ZJs, always get em cheap because death wobble, new track bar and bolts and it's sold
The crown HD steering linkage is probably my favorite mod so far. It's probably high up on the list for the white one.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #332
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

You don't have to be rich or stupid to buy two zjs, it just helps.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #333
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Isnt the Crown HD really just a not ****ty version of the stock linkage? I think its only "HD" because the tie rod isnt hollow like on the 4.0 ZJs/XJs/TJs
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #334
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

It's basically a new stock V8 linkage I think.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #335
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Put the interior back in. Sort of. It's all in the barn with the bumper waiting to get put back together.

image-1520206761.jpg  
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #336
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Anybody that says the smell of burning rubber isn't therapeutic is ****ing stupid.

In other news, I might need new tires soon.

Unread 05-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #337
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Belly has been under coated. Exhaust has been painted. 4x4 badges removed (because they're a lie). Front carpet test fit and started to cut.

Got money in the pocket to go pick up Princess (the new ZJ) on the 9th or 10th.

Unread 05-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #338
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Oh damn. The entire interior is back in.

Unread 05-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #339
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

So... The wife-to-be's car took a **** in the middle of downtown today. Slave cylinder exploded all over an intersection and probably damaged the clutch when she tried to force it into gear. The people that were supposed to buy it on Friday don't want it in its current condition. Obviously...

So the money for ZJ number 2, Project Princess, is going towards a new master cylinder, slave cylinder, lines, and probably a new clutch for a POS Hyundai Elantra. I'm so sad I could cry.
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #340
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Damn dude that sucks. Are they gunna hold Princess for you until you have the cash?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #341
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCjunkie93 View Post
Damn dude that sucks. Are they gunna hold Princess for you until you have the cash?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Maybe. It's already been for sale for two months and nobody has walked up to them with cash in hand other than me. Maybe another niner will pop up while we wait...

I let the fiance drive the niner for the first time today and I took one of the work trucks. She doesn't want to give it back. I'd forgotten how nice it was with the interior put back together.

In other news, I did a nifty little mod when putting the interior back together. I put little rubber washers behind each and every trim screw to keep the old ***** from rattling so much. Between that, the sound insulation, and the new carpet with fiberglass insulation it's almost silent going down the road. New shocks and steering linkage keep help it that way. No clunks rattles or complaints whatsoever. It's a damn pleasant ride at 233,000 miles.

Now onto the stereo. I have a slammin' opportunity on some double 18's in a box with a 4000 watt max class D amp. 1200 W at 4 ohms. Mmmmm... Juice.
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #342
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Buy her the princess zj to drive and then fix her Car later
Unread 05-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #343
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot
Buy her the princess zj to drive and then fix her Car later
That was already kind of the plan. Princess needs a new bumper and headlights for sure. Plugs, wires, cap all new fluids etc. We were planning on having both of them for at least a couple days. But the Hyundai does need to go eventually and we don't have a buyer anymore...

Anybody need a ****ty four door import compact? It'll get 33 mpg!!! New clutch, new master and slave cylinders! It's perfect if you like your cars under powered four bangers, bad stereos, and cramped on the inside. Every fluid (except maybe gas) leaks. Could probably use a new CKPS...

Unread 05-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #344
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

The Hyundai now has a new clutch master and slave cylinder along with new lines and reservoir. The next person who complains about a ZJ engine bay being too cramped is getting ***** slapped right across the face by my bloodied knuckles.

Unread 05-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #345
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Got her all washed and waxed as my last act before getting married today.

image-2689215098.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.