McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 03-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #286
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

So... In a strange but lucky turn of events, I have four air-holding tires for $40. It looks like the vandal used some sort of sharp, pointy object (ice pick? pencil? I don't ****ing know). They stabbed the front two in the middle of the tread and the back two in the sidewall. I'm friends with the shop owner (he ALSO has a slate niner that I soldered the VIC in for him). He patched the front two front ones with a real patch, not a plug, and included a 10,000 mile warranty on the repair. He also happened to have two tires that MATCHED MINE EXACTLY in brand, size, and were within a 1/16" in tread wear. All four mounted, balanced, and out the door for $40.

Maybe there is some hope left for this world.

I still don't like patches on my tires, even the "real" ones. He's trying to see if he can source some UHPs for me to replace all four here soon.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #287
adavis39
2002 WJ 

well at least something worked out for ya......id be paranoid as S now if I was you. when my neighbors car got broken into, i didnt sleep right for a week worrying about my Jeep!
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #288
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Time for a 2way Viper alarm...?
Set at bat mode as i like to call it, it alarms you with the key transponder if any motion or sound sensors Are triggered, they can be set crazy sensitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I think it's time for the AR-15 niner protection security install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavis39 View Post
well at least something worked out for ya......id be paranoid as S now if I was you. when my neighbors car got broken into, i didnt sleep right for a week worrying about my Jeep!
I think I have a solution to help me sleep at night. I'm getting one of these from work tonight.

One light aimed at the Jeep, another right in my bedroom window. If somebody decides to **** with it, myself and Mr. Mossberg are going to have a little chat with the intruder.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #289
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

That should be sufficient. What kinda mossburg do you have? I want to buy a 12ga pump gun. Either a 870,500, or a Stevens by savage. Cheaper than dirt has the Stevens in a TAC version for like 250$
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #290
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

So who did you piss off lately??
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #291
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug
X2, Thats the correct quest?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #292
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
That should be sufficient. What kinda mossburg do you have? I want to buy a 12ga pump gun. Either a 870,500, or a Stevens by savage. Cheaper than dirt has the Stevens in a TAC version for like 250$
It's a 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
X2, Thats the correct quest?
The only person I can think of is my landlord, who I talked about a couple pages back. She's a ****ing ****, but I don't think she'd do something like this. I live in the historic district of a nice little Virginia city with an extremely low crime rate. Our block is mostly retired folks. Not a lot of hoodlums. Guess we'll see if they come back tonight. I also set up my webcam to record the driveway.
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #293
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

something like this is almost never random vandals. youll definitely want to watch out, because chances are someone targeted you specifically. good luck!
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #294
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I've spent too much time on JF today and not enough time focused on my real job. Oh well. It looks like my little stuck-in-the-mud adventure actually did a little damage. My PS pump and rear diff are both leaking a tiny bit. These are both new leaks AFAIK. Maybe she's just crying after getting stabbed. Time to break out the StopLeak! Just kidding...
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #295
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk

Ah, Auch, argh $$$
F shhhh ppl

Time for a 2way Viper alarm...?
Set at bat mode as i like to call it, it alarms you with the key transponder if any motion or sound sensors Are triggered, they can be set crazy sensitive.
That's what I got after my last incident. I think I need to turn the sensitivity up on mine. I can rock it back and forth and it does nothing lol

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #296
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I think I have a solution to help me sleep at night. I'm getting one of these from work tonight.

One light aimed at the Jeep, another right in my bedroom window. If somebody decides to **** with it, myself and Mr. Mossberg are going to have a little chat with the intruder.
Ayuh. My dad's Subi got broken into a few months back, then my step-sister's car alarm would randomly go off in the wee hours of the morning. So, I stayed on my roof for an entire night waiting for anyone to come around and mess with any of the vehicles in our driveway. Nothing happened that night... THEN our house got broken into the next day, but nothing was stolen. Turns out it was my step-mom's ex-husband. He likes to try to put the "fear of god" into us by creeping around the house. Since it used to be his (partially), he knows the ins and outs of it all pretty well, hence the break in with JUST ENOUGH out of place to make us know someone had been in there. I found him there the next week and him, myself and Mr. AR-15 had a nice little chat. Needless to say, there has been no contact ever since. That was a little over 3 months ago, and the house and all the cars have been unmolested ever since
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #297
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I only slept about two hours last night keeping an eye on the Jeep. Nothing to report. Here's a little more motivation for me to start buying parts for the 408.

Unread 03-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #298
adavis39
2002 WJ 

man, i gotta stop following your thread or ill end up selling a kidney. i want 9'er DD NOW!! im soooo impatient
TNJEEPS.COM

BUILD: [B][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/utwj-build-other-crap-1399123/[/url][/B]

[B]"In a world that he did not create, but he will go through it as if it is his own creation. Half man, half beast, whatever it is it is weird, it is ticked off and it calls itself Slash"[/B]
adavis39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #299
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Jeep's still unmolested. I'm still keeping an eye on her, though. Guess who has half of a day off work tomorrow! Guess who ALSO has the work barn tomorrow (because it's supposed to snow or something). I have the welder, the compressor, the lift and jackstands... Everything is staged. Also paid for a Rancho SS that I'll pick up tomorrow morning.

Here's the POA:
  1. Jack up the jeep and drop all four wheels
  2. Pull all four springs
  3. Remove old drag link and tie rod (hooray air tools!!!)
  4. Put the new (red ) steering linkage on with new (white w/ red boot) SS on
  5. Paint the wheels
  6. Paint the calipers
  7. Paint the springs
  8. Paint the (painstakingly cleaned) undercarriage and axles
  9. Hood vent mod while the paint is drying
  10. Replace everything with the Crown linkage and new isolators
  11. DIY alignment using the pins method
  12. Torque everything to spec; double check alignment
  13. Drive it to work at 5:00 pm
  14. Post pictures on JF sometime after midnight...

And just because posts are worthless without pictures, this sweet young thing parked next to me when I was getting some stuff from Lowe's.

Unread 04-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #300
A_Ninja_Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I only slept about two hours last night keeping an eye on the Jeep. Nothing to report. Here's a little more motivation for me to start buying parts for the 408.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjEyZYbQR1s
Do you know what kind of transmission that thing had. It never shifted.
A_Ninja_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.