McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #16
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

you make me want a niner! I do need a good DD so the WJ can become a trailer rig.. guess I better start looking

BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Dropped the $20 on a CarFax. All to find out that everything checks out just fine. No problems ever (that have been reported). Seems it started life out in Missouri somewhere... It moved to VA for a short time in 2004, then to WV in 2005 where it lived until last week. Now it's back in VA with me.

The current gauge cluster is by far the biggest eye sore when driving. I'm contemplating buying some of these. I don't really want to drop the $$$ on a new gauges, but these things look like they belong in a Civic. Decisions decisions.

Still tire shopping. Still shock shopping. Starting looking into the SCT flash tuner vs Hypertech vs Superchips. Still looking into different intake options (M1 vs a dual plane)... Poof. Money is just disappearing.

Looking at pulling the entire interior out, door panels, headliner, carpet and all this weekend.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Upgrade gauge cluster is deff cool, check out General Grabber AT2, those Are Nice tires.
Go for a Superchip, after header and full exhaust.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #19
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

SCT is hands down the best tuner available for the niner. Couldnt say enough good things about mine when I had my niner. Hemifever on speed freaks.net will set you up with one.
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #20
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

That dash looks bad *** what was the cover worth? Where did you get it? Oh I read the entire post lol nevermind.
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #21
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
SCT is hands down the best tuner available for the niner. Couldnt say enough good things about mine when I had my niner. Hemifever on speed freaks.net will set you up with one.
I started an account on that other forum earlier tonight for the sole purpose of contacting that guy about his SCT tune. It's starting to look like the clear choice. It's good to hear one more happy customer's testimony.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #22
Timbo24
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ
you make me want a niner! I do need a good DD so the WJ can become a trailer rig.. guess I better start looking
It's at my house haha
Timbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #23
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

what gauge cluster is that? I like it.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:45 AM   #24
squashman702
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
I started an account on that other forum earlier tonight for the sole purpose of contacting that guy about his SCT tune. It's starting to look like the clear choice. It's good to hear one more happy customer's testimony.
Nothing wrong with SF.net. Great resource for 5.9 stuff- much better than a lot of the info on here.
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #25
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stblack97ZJ View Post
what gauge cluster is that? I like it.
It's a $40 one off of eBay. I just searched "98 Grand Cherokee Gauges" and it was on the first page. They also have some electroluminescent ones that'd be neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
Nothing wrong with SF.net. Great resource for 5.9 stuff- much better than a lot of the info on here.
After looking through a lot of that forum last night, I agree with you. At first glance, it reminded me a lot of Jeep Garage. It actually has a lot of technical, useful information. Going to have to start creeping over there some more.
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #26
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
It's a $40 one off of eBay. I just searched "98 Grand Cherokee Gauges" and it was on the first page. They also have some electroluminescent ones that'd be neat.
thanks! I was searching 1998 grand cherokee gauge cluster and got a bunch of crap.
Plenty of lights
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Started Stage 1 of the interior tear down today. This Jeep was obviously owned by someone with a farm, a dog, small children, and no pride in ownership.

Found this in the spare tire cover:

Don't feel like running wires under carpet or through the fire wall? That's ok! Just shove them in the weather stripping. Note: some leaking may occur...

These used to be connected?

Found this under the floor mat. It smells like gear oil. Anybody have tips on how to get this stuff out?

That doesn't go there

Neither does that

But at least the front doors had something there.

Not real good at wiring? No problem! Cover up your terrible work with electrical tape! Needless to say, this mess got cut out and thrown away.

This was halfway through. Door pannels out, seats out, dash out. Next is the carpet
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #28
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I put something new IN the Jeep instead of tearing old stuff out. Someday, I'll do a comprehensive writeup on chasing electrical gremlins in Grand Cherokees. This picture is going to be post #1.

Unread 11-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #29
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Nice batt and terminals, got me laughing good, that PO had some loose conections for sure, what a spagetthi mess, good you take care of that, the door loom splice and wire in door seal is hillarious, speaker mount is just fine, exactly how i plan to install mine, ha ha
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #30
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

Not real good at wiring? No problem! Cover up your terrible work with electrical tape! Needless to say, this mess got cut out and thrown away.
the stereo wiring in my jeep looked like that too. Some people....
Plenty of lights

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.