McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #241
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ
The red is off the louvers. It looked like a lady bug or something. Black and red spots.

In other news, the rear wiper motor is shot. The solution? Delete the rear wiper! While I'm getting plugs, the radio antenna is coming out, too.
Good call on the louvers haha.

s
Search for the 'cheap and easy rear wiper motor fix' thread. Or something like that. It might work but is just seized and needs a cleaning and WD40. Worth a shot if it's already out.

bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #242
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Good call on the louvers haha.

s
Search for the 'cheap and easy rear wiper motor fix' thread. Or something like that. It might work but is just seized and needs a cleaning and WD40. Worth a shot if it's already out.
I've found it and read it. About a month and a half ago I don't like it and I don't use it, so why not just get rid of it? The Jeep is on a diet.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #243
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post

I've found it and read it. About a month and a half ago I don't like it and I don't use it, so why not just get rid of it? The Jeep is on a diet.
Haha. Is the arm nice and black? Or is the paint fading in it like mine? I'll buy if its in GC.
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #244
A_Ninja_Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez View Post
Haha. Is the arm nice and black? Or is the paint fading in it like mine? I'll buy if its in GC.
Isnt that what a can of flat black spray paint is for?
A_Ninja_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #245
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez View Post
Haha. Is the arm nice and black?
No... No it's not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Yes... Yes it is...
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #246
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post

True...had a blonde moment.
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #247
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ

Thumbsup, sounds like a good idea, i never Missed mine, i would say Go for it....
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #248
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Guess who's work was canceled due to the impending "ice storm"??? Prepare yourselves for a big "I put my interior back in!" update.
Unread 02-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #249
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

So... The work on the Jeep got cut a little short today. Our landlord charged us for rent today. Same as always. Except, she charged us for three months worth of rent. Something to the tune of $1,800. I don't keep that much money on my debit card (because I'd spend it ). It overdrew my account and locked it and my credit card account. I hopped in the partially reassembled Jeep and drove down there and talked to the land lady--she pretty much told me to go **** myself. Totally unprofessional, she was rude to the wife, and refused to help. She said it was obviously a bank error. Talked to the bank... It wasn't a bank error. Duh. So I spent the afternoon on the phone with the BBB, a lawyer who's a friend of the family, the bank, and the landlady. It looks like the bank is going to treat it as a theft and give us the money back. But the land lady is pissed and threatening to evict us. We've always paid rent early and maintained the property perfectly. ****ing *****. So now my accounts are locked, it's dark outside, and the Jeep isn't done. I'll still show you what I did get done, though.

Remember that brushed aluminum vinyl wrap? Yeah? It's on all the door trim, too

This was my "**** that needs to go back in the Jeep today!" pile.

Coming from a military upbringing/military college/military career, I'm used to the Spartan lifestyle. But fo' real... This **** was getting old.

I used these guys...

To make these guys...

...As clean, and as soft, and as supple as the day that baby calf was beheaded, skinned, and gutted so my *** would have somewhere soft to sit.

The back carpet is all glued in and the seats re-installed. The color of the new carpet is still a little off.

Thought about taking this ****er off. Its days are numbered.

The last thing I did before I got a call from the bank was drain the fluid from my mirror. I can see again! No pictures of the final thing, but it looks like, you know, a mirror...

Aaaand filled back up with all my stuff for work. Notice the hatch holding itself up??? No broomstick???

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #250
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I thought I had a giant ****ing water leak on the passenger side this morning. Automatically my mind went, "Heater core, AC drain, weather stripping!" I was making a list of stuff to check before the door was even all the way open. Turns out... It was none of those things. I'd left a water bottle in it over night. It froze and cracked the cap. Then it defrosted this morning and ended up all over my floor. All is well in the world. Whew...

Unread 03-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #251
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Met my new boss today. He has a ZJ. He uses it as his snow plowing vehicle during the winter. I don't think we're going to be friends.

Nothing to report on my niner, unfortunately. I had a double ear infection, strep throat, and the flu all at once. It was the most miserable week of my life. This was worse than the Typhoid Fever I brought back from Brazil.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #252
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Wow. Did you at least lose ten pounds?
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #253
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

My floor manager bought his kid a zj and has 35s on his truck, it's great.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #254
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

How did you get your mirror glass off to drain the fluid? I NEED to do it in mine but I'm scared im gonna f*** up and break the damn thing, which I really wanna avoid. Does it slide up and out? I don't wanna go yankin on it and have it shatter in my hands

-Evan
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #255
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
How did you get your mirror glass off to drain the fluid? I NEED to do it in mine but I'm scared im gonna f*** up and break the damn thing, which I really wanna avoid. Does it slide up and out? I don't wanna go yankin on it and have it shatter in my hands

-Evan
The mirror (on a 98) lifts straight up, not straight out like on older models. That gets you the pile of stuff you see in my picture. Take a razor blade and run it around the edge of the rubber, like I did in the picture. The rubber comes off and you can separate the two panes of glass. The EL fluid is a pain to clean off, but it's doable.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.