McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #211
A_Ninja_Racer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa/Brandon, Florida
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post


Intake is next! It's going to be black. Need to add some contrast.
I was just getting ready to say that you needed some contrast in there and you snuck it in there at the bottom. I know you were saying black for the intake manifold but then I have to ask if you are planing on changing out that black air ducting. Or maybe something other then black like a silver or maybe even white?

A_Ninja_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #212
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep
 
McCloudsZJ's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
I was just getting ready to say that you needed some contrast in there and you snuck it in there at the bottom. I know you were saying black for the intake manifold but then I have to ask if you are planing on changing out that black air ducting. Or maybe something other then black like a silver or maybe even white?
Everything is going to be black and red. Keeping it simple.

In other news, the new valve cover gaskets are NOT leaking. Good news. I burped the cooling system after I accidentally knocked the heater line out of the water pump yesterday. It puked anitfreeze all over the driveway. I have heat now, though. AND no more waterfall behind the dash when I start her up!

I made it to the job interview on time. AND nailed it. Got the job on the spot. I now work for Lowe's, Home Depot, and a remodeling company. Conflict of interest? I'm just interested in money, so it's all good.

Here's a couple pictures taken with a real camera.


__________________
March 2014 GCOTM. 1998 Deep Slate 5.9
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #213
greenmachine99
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hagerstown,Maryland
Posts: 1,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ

Everything is going to be black and red. Keeping it simple.

In other news, the new valve cover gaskets are NOT leaking. Good news. I burped the cooling system after I accidentally knocked the heater line out of the water pump yesterday. It puked anitfreeze all over the driveway. I have heat now, though. AND no more waterfall behind the dash when I start her up!

I made it to the job interview on time. AND nailed it. Got the job on the spot. I now work for Lowe's, Home Depot, and a remodeling company. Conflict of interest? I'm just interested in money, so it's all good.

Here's a couple pictures taken with a real camera.
That intake mani would look amazing painted black. Love the colors so far!
greenmachine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #214
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep
 
McCloudsZJ's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,582
I put my own twist on the "Mark of the Tribe." I belong to a different tribe--Mopar! The flash makes it look all wrinkled. It's not in real life. I'll take a better pic in the daylight tomorrow.

__________________
March 2014 GCOTM. 1998 Deep Slate 5.9
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #215
davidtownsend
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
Gauge covers have been ordered. New carpet is being stitched right now. All of the wood trim has been wrapped in the aluminum. Got a gift card for new tires for Christmas.

Picture of the gauge covers:

Anybody ever used Peel and Seal as opposed to Dynamat for insulating the interior? The carpet I ordered does not include the fiberglass insulation as per my request. I've used strips of Dynamat for sound insulation and to stop rattles but never to do an entire interior. This Peel and Seal stuff is 1/10th the price and chemically similar. It's cheap enough I'm considering doing everything. Thoughts?
Did you ever use the peal and seal? I need to do that to mine.
__________________
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L Limited
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L Hemi
davidtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #216
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep
 
McCloudsZJ's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtownsend

Did you ever use the peal and seal? I need to do that to mine.
I sure did. Check out page 8 for a pic of the finished product.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
__________________
March 2014 GCOTM. 1998 Deep Slate 5.9
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #217
davidtownsend
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post

I sure did. Check out page 8 for a pic of the finished product.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Do you like the finished product? Does it quiet the ride?
__________________
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L Limited
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L Hemi
davidtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #218
davidtownsend
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Posts: 602
I just saw the finished product. I thought I missed it. Im definetly going to do the whole inside of my jeep! I wish new carpet wasn't so expensive! I would love to redo mine!
__________________
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L Limited
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L Hemi
davidtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #219
davidtownsend
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Posts: 602
I read up on that peel and seal and there was mixed reviews about it starting to smell when it gets hot. Just be careful with it. A guy bought aluminum tape and taper the edges and he said it kept the smell in.
__________________
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L Limited
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L Hemi
davidtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #220
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep
 
McCloudsZJ's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtownsend View Post
I read up on that peel and seal and there was mixed reviews about it starting to smell when it gets hot. Just be careful with it. A guy bought aluminum tape and taper the edges and he said it kept the smell in.
Some people say it does. Other people said they never smelled it. I put mine on in December and it's February now. No smell yet. We'll see.
__________________
March 2014 GCOTM. 1998 Deep Slate 5.9
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #221
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep
 
McCloudsZJ's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,582
Traffic court today for a reckless driving charge after taking out those street signs. I'm rocking a $7.00 suit from Goodwill. For some reason, this song keeps going through my head

__________________
March 2014 GCOTM. 1998 Deep Slate 5.9
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #222
bananaslug
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: upland, ca
Posts: 1,452
Don't admit to anything illegal! Freak accident haha. Good luck
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #223
FaaipdeOiad
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Waynesboro, Va
Posts: 191
Good luck
FaaipdeOiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #224
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep
 
McCloudsZJ's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Don't admit to anything illegal! Freak accident haha. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaaipdeOiad View Post
Good luck
Dropped everything. No court fees, no DIP, no points off my license.

The judge was going to suspend my license for six months on reckless driving. The cop that pulled me over and chimed in. He said that it was in no way my fault; he barely made it to me and he had snow chains on his 4WD SUV.
__________________
March 2014 GCOTM. 1998 Deep Slate 5.9
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #225
FaaipdeOiad
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Waynesboro, Va
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post

Dropped everything. No court fees, no DIP, no points off my license.

The judge was going to suspend my license for six months on reckless driving. The cop that pulled me over and chimed in. He said that it was in no way my fault; he barely made it to me and he had snow chains on his 4WD SUV.
Nice!
FaaipdeOiad is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.