McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > McCloud's Niner Build/Rebuild Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #211
A_Ninja_Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post

Intake is next! It's going to be black. Need to add some contrast.
I was just getting ready to say that you needed some contrast in there and you snuck it in there at the bottom. I know you were saying black for the intake manifold but then I have to ask if you are planing on changing out that black air ducting. Or maybe something other then black like a silver or maybe even white?

A_Ninja_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #212
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
I was just getting ready to say that you needed some contrast in there and you snuck it in there at the bottom. I know you were saying black for the intake manifold but then I have to ask if you are planing on changing out that black air ducting. Or maybe something other then black like a silver or maybe even white?
Everything is going to be black and red. Keeping it simple.

In other news, the new valve cover gaskets are NOT leaking. Good news. I burped the cooling system after I accidentally knocked the heater line out of the water pump yesterday. It puked anitfreeze all over the driveway. I have heat now, though. AND no more waterfall behind the dash when I start her up!

I made it to the job interview on time. AND nailed it. Got the job on the spot. I now work for Lowe's, Home Depot, and a remodeling company. Conflict of interest? I'm just interested in money, so it's all good.

Here's a couple pictures taken with a real camera.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #213
greenmachine99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ

Everything is going to be black and red. Keeping it simple.

In other news, the new valve cover gaskets are NOT leaking. Good news. I burped the cooling system after I accidentally knocked the heater line out of the water pump yesterday. It puked anitfreeze all over the driveway. I have heat now, though. AND no more waterfall behind the dash when I start her up!

I made it to the job interview on time. AND nailed it. Got the job on the spot. I now work for Lowe's, Home Depot, and a remodeling company. Conflict of interest? I'm just interested in money, so it's all good.

Here's a couple pictures taken with a real camera.
That intake mani would look amazing painted black. Love the colors so far!
greenmachine99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #214
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

I put my own twist on the "Mark of the Tribe." I belong to a different tribe--Mopar! The flash makes it look all wrinkled. It's not in real life. I'll take a better pic in the daylight tomorrow.

On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #215
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Quote:
Gauge covers have been ordered. New carpet is being stitched right now. All of the wood trim has been wrapped in the aluminum. Got a gift card for new tires for Christmas.

Picture of the gauge covers:

Anybody ever used Peel and Seal as opposed to Dynamat for insulating the interior? The carpet I ordered does not include the fiberglass insulation as per my request. I've used strips of Dynamat for sound insulation and to stop rattles but never to do an entire interior. This Peel and Seal stuff is 1/10th the price and chemically similar. It's cheap enough I'm considering doing everything. Thoughts?
Did you ever use the peal and seal? I need to do that to mine.
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #216
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtownsend

Did you ever use the peal and seal? I need to do that to mine.
I sure did. Check out page 8 for a pic of the finished product.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Unread 02-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #217
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Quote:

I sure did. Check out page 8 for a pic of the finished product.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
Do you like the finished product? Does it quiet the ride?
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #218
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

I just saw the finished product. I thought I missed it. Im definetly going to do the whole inside of my jeep! I wish new carpet wasn't so expensive! I would love to redo mine!
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #219
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

I read up on that peel and seal and there was mixed reviews about it starting to smell when it gets hot. Just be careful with it. A guy bought aluminum tape and taper the edges and he said it kept the smell in.
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #220
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtownsend View Post
I read up on that peel and seal and there was mixed reviews about it starting to smell when it gets hot. Just be careful with it. A guy bought aluminum tape and taper the edges and he said it kept the smell in.
Some people say it does. Other people said they never smelled it. I put mine on in December and it's February now. No smell yet. We'll see.
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #221
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Traffic court today for a reckless driving charge after taking out those street signs. I'm rocking a $7.00 suit from Goodwill. For some reason, this song keeps going through my head

Unread 02-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #222
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Don't admit to anything illegal! Freak accident haha. Good luck
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #223
FaaipdeOiad
2004 WJ 

Good luck
FaaipdeOiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #224
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Don't admit to anything illegal! Freak accident haha. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaaipdeOiad View Post
Good luck
Dropped everything. No court fees, no DIP, no points off my license.

The judge was going to suspend my license for six months on reckless driving. The cop that pulled me over and chimed in. He said that it was in no way my fault; he barely made it to me and he had snow chains on his 4WD SUV.
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #225
FaaipdeOiad
2004 WJ 

Quote:

Dropped everything. No court fees, no DIP, no points off my license.

The judge was going to suspend my license for six months on reckless driving. The cop that pulled me over and chimed in. He said that it was in no way my fault; he barely made it to me and he had snow chains on his 4WD SUV.
Nice!
FaaipdeOiad is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.