May 2012 GCOTM winner: sadass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > May 2012 GCOTM winner: sadass

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Closed Thread
Unread 05-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
GraKee99
Rapist Wit
1999 WJ 

May 2012 GCOTM winner: sadass

Congrats

sadass

Year: 1998
Model: 5.9 ZJ Jeep Grand Cherokee
Drive Train: 360 V-8, 3" exhaust with supper 44 and turn down.// Rebuilt water proofed via proper vent 46re transmission// Rebuilt 242 transfer case swap, None trash loc Dana44A rear with 4.56 Yukon gears and Aussie Locker/// Front Dana 30,4.56 with Aussie locker. all u-joint up grades.
Suspension: 4" spring Plus 1.5BB on top, with 8 adjustable control arms including 4 Sky Jacker flex joints up front and the New style RC control arms in the rear/. JKS quicker discos and adjustable track bars.
Wheels/Tires: 33 supper swamper tsl
Other Notable Modifications: ARB/Safari Snorkel//Protofab winch bumper with 9500S.lb RC synthetic winch line and wireless remote. //2 100w KC Daylighters// Heavy duty aftermarket rusty's cross-member and transfer-case skid's plate. gas tank skid
Favorite Modification: Lockers F/R/and or ARB/Safari Snorkel
Favorite Trail: Rough Country first gen 4" lift. Nothing left
Favorite Trail: Mikeys Property Near Orange County Choppers
Best Trail Damage: Really to numerous to list. I might say the time my power steering box ripped off the unibody rail. or the time I destroyed my transmission under water prior to my waterproofing it
Build Thread: None

WJ, WK, CJ5

[CENTER][URL="http://staythetrail.org/"][COLOR="Navy"]Stay the Trail[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #188[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Unread 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Thank You for the votes Jeepers! At least my 5.9 obtained the title I think It deserves. I wish everyone could drive this thing as see just how capable it is. My Jeep has been wheeled so hard this year its hard to say how long this thing will stand for it. In fact The motor is the only factory drive train component left in it, And thanks in part to my snorkel and regular oil changes It should out last the 3rd transmission the Jeep has received. Oh yea, In honor of GCOTM, I sunk it again On Saturday and gave the hook another good work out. I will try to procure the Pics of said stuck. Thanks again guys! Hope to meet many more of you on the trail someday.
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Congrats man
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #4
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Well gents, Here is the Pic from 5-5-12. It does not look bad from this angle or picture, but I can probably show you pics of a J/K on 40's stuck in the same hole. We can make it across in one direction but not back up that little Hill at the end. The mud was so slick and greasy I had to pull line and winch out. Notice My wireless winch remote in my hand. I love that thing. I was sucked in pretty good because the Rubicon I hooked up to was just sliding towards me across hard ground instead of me towards it. That is with me in drive all 4's locked and spinning too!

Well, we made some nasty trail but decided we better build an interesting by Pass to get across said area if it gets too rough. I can tell you that I did test It out. I had a problem when I went to back up and kicked a log up due to the fact the logs were not secured down yet . So In actuality I got stuck twice that day.

Please Keep in mind this is all Private property and the Owner is in charge of this trail build. To back me up there are several JF members who will support me when I tell you this is all legal wheeling.
Unread 05-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yes it is privet land.
Heres another shot of mike

And me on the same log

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
Irish_Assassin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats brother!
COLORADO JEEP CLUB #133
www.militaryjeepers.com
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Thanks James. and you as well brother,^^^ And thank you for your service Irish Assassin. I just watch a hunting video of you I believe, Nice Buck. I too spend a lot of time behind the limbs of my Mathews. Speaking of service Members. I just saw a picture Of my oldest son In uniform holding his first M4 which he will be carrying over to Afghanistan . So I am all about supporting our Troops. saying as how I no longer have the watch, Unless anything happens to my boy over there that is, Then I will be shipping my ZJ over to explore some camel trails in the deserts with this mounted threw the moon roof. I just remember putting the antlers of the buck I shot this year with the bow , over my KC's. I was at my gun club at by the way.
Unread 05-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

HAHAHA HE SAID sadASS

Congrats dude.
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Congrats, man. It's been a long time coming. I missed the vote again this month, but I'm glad to see you won. Your Jeep is an inspiration.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
Unread 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Jeepforum glitch/double post

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
Unread 05-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #11
blackjack12982
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

I'm a little late to congrat's thread, but congrats anyway. You're ZJ is sick!

Without getting into all the specifics, who's your son with? I'll be heading back there soon...

Want to do an Aurora reverse light swap? Need a 231/242 bezel? Need a Taurus efan? PM me
Unread 05-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Congrats. Great ZJ well deserved win, welcome to the club
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.