Malibubt's WJ Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Malibubt's WJ Build Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #16
malibubts
2002 WJ 

Mounted up the fire extinguisher and Maglite today. Also permanently wired in the CB and fixed the tabs holding on the bottom of the center tray that broke with some super glue.

Fire Extinguisher and Maglite

Broken

Super Glued

New Malibu Boats Sticker

Unread 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
malibubts
2002 WJ 

Cross Rails

Got the cross rails the other day in the mail. They were a little rough so I cleaned them up a bit then painted them.

Unread 03-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #18
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Nice Jeep and Boat man! And ohhh no the Jeep does not get good MPG's while towing! Trust me I know, even with the tow package.

What is up with your oil gauge being pegged?!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
malibubts
2002 WJ 

Thanks! Haha not at all, that was only about 10 miles worth on county roads. Long distance on the highway would be nasty. And I just have an aftermarket hitch, no tow package. Usually our tow rig is an Expedition but my parents weren't down that weekend.

And the oil gauge being pegged was just a faulty oil pressure sending unit, I just hadn't replaced it yet.
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #20
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

You are welcome! Shoot I've towed about 4000 pounds with my Jeep and I averaged about 9.8 mpg on the highway, it was so bad. Your avatar picture makes your Jeep look blue but it is actually black.

Oh okay, well at least it is not something bad or getting read to blow up!

I like your Mag Lite door mod. How did you do that? Does it interfere with the power seat buttons?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
malibubts
2002 WJ 

I've never really towed anything all that heavy on the highway. Our '98 Polaris PWC is about all that's been on the highway. Our boat is kept at a garage at the lake, it's only about 5 miles to the launch ramp.

Yup, definitely black. That's a cell phone camera for you though, I forgot to bring my good camera back from campus when I went on that trip.

Yeah, just an oil sender. I've since replaced it.

And I actually got the idea from theksmith's build thread. Neither the fire extinguisher nor the maglite mount interfere with anything inside, you can use the buttons just fine. The fire extinguisher can be removed from the mount with no issues with the door closed, the maglite though the door really needs to be open. The mount for the fire extinguisher came with it and I got the maglite mount off of Amazon. Basically I just took of the door panel and used bolts to secure it to the panel.
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
malibubts
2002 WJ 

Rear Pinion Seal

So I went out to Haspin Acres again on Friday and it was a muddy mess. Today I noticed a good deal of gear lube on the driveway and noticed the rear pinon seal started to leak. So I'm going to tackle that tomorrow.

And the new helper. My cheap 3 ton gave up so I (kind of) upgraded to a heavier duty jack.
Unread 03-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #23
malibubts
2002 WJ 

Haspin 3/23

Well a friend and I went out to Haspin Acres yesterday even with the terrible weather. It rained pretty much all day so there wasn't really a whole lot to do other than drive around in the mud.

Friend's XJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.