lucas - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > lucas

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
nickhay13
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
Believe the online prices you're quoting for the new 703 injectors are waay too high. I bought a set of 6 new 703's for $24.95/each with free shipping on ebay and it's a reputable seller. So it's around $150 for a 4.0 and $200 for a V8.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-Upgrade...b4fe8c&vxp=mtr

I would have liked to have done the diy jy swap out ones and if I had a V8 probably would have. The jy is far away but used injectors are $8 from the pick-n-pull where I've seen others buying them for $6. Believe the injector rebuild kit w/screens and new o-rings is less than $20.

Haven't really noticed any improvement in mpg with 703's and if anything may have lost 1-2mpg. Believe this may be because they're injecting a little more fuel since my last ones may have been clogged or leaking. Have noticed a slight improvement in accelerating where my 4.0 doesn't bog down as bad as it used to. I'm sure my fairly new Bosch fuel pump assembly helps with this too.

I bought the same injectors from the same eBay user, no complaints here.

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #17
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

I think I found a 33 tooth pedometer gear for 79$ that a crazy amount for a little gear!
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
exador
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Believe the online prices you're quoting for the new 703 injectors are waay too high. I bought a set of 6 new 703's for $24.95/each with free shipping on ebay and it's a reputable seller. So it's around $150 for a 4.0 and $200 for a V8.

I would have liked to have done the diy jy swap out ones and if I had a V8 probably would have. The jy is far away but used injectors are $8 from the pick-n-pull where I've seen others buying them for $6. Believe the injector rebuild kit w/screens and new o-rings is less than $20.

Haven't really noticed any improvement in mpg with 703's and if anything may have lost 1-2mpg. Believe this may be because they're injecting a little more fuel since my last ones may have been clogged or leaking. Have noticed a slight improvement in accelerating where my 4.0 doesn't bog down as bad as it used to. I'm sure my fairly new Bosch fuel pump assembly helps with this too.
Sweet, I will have to order these! I didn't search long but i found some through auto parts stores around $120 a piece, and decided that i would just find some at a JY.
exador is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
melk
1996 ZJ 

More like $5 a pop from the yard +20 bucks for the rebuild kit.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #20
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtownsend View Post
I think I found a 33 tooth pedometer gear for 79$ that a crazy amount for a little gear!
Here's the same 33-tooth speedo gear (#52067633) for $65.38 from mopar-wholesale.com. But not sure how much shipping is and others say you may want to include any other Mopar parts you need w/1 order where shipping costs may not increase.

http://www.mopar-wholesale.com/mopar-parts/catalog.html

I know, $65.38 also seems high for that little speedo gear.

Note: link/site clears the part/price on exiting so you have to enter year, model, 52067633 again.

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #21
exador
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Yeah thats way too high. How about this one? Even has installation instructions!

Subtotal: $39.99
Standard Ground Shipping:
(Within Continental US) Free
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #22
Donnyd21
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
there is an injector upgrade but it is not cheap to buy them new!
if you can find some out of a junk yard you would be better off, the zj stock injectors are crap. there is a list of compatable injectors, you can buy new but i priced it around $500-$1000 online. Some claim $20 a piece from junk yard(need one for each cylinder).

check out the link for the write up. I have yet to do this but plan on it.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...p-how-1305456/
Quote:

I have 4 used but working 703 injectors for $35 shipped, pm me if interested
Donnyd21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #23
exador
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
I use Lucas almost every fill up. I was wondering if i'm wasting my money or if it is helping my jeep. Should I seafoam my jeep then continue using lucas? I has never sea foamed it and i'm pretty sure the po didn't either. Any suggestions on this product. Is there a better product to use to keep it cleaner?

Also does anyone know if valero gas is bad quality gas?
back to topic, if you use lucas that much you are prob just wasting your money. It will keep your injectors as clean as it can but you could be getting an extra 1-2 gallons of gas for the price of a bottle of lucas. I use it about every 4 or 5 fillups which would be saving you the equivalent of an entire tank of gas. The people at auto zone always try to sell me the crap and suggest adding it every time you change your oil.

I have thought about using seafoam but have chicken'd out every time. it can foul sensors and could end up being a major hassle. Just make sure to follow instructions and change the oil shortly after adding it.

there is a lot of bad reviews about valero gas but that can vary, some states dont test gas quality, most do and have stickers on the pumps. just avoid anything with ethenol, over time can cause problems. not to mention burns faster then gas so worse mpg.

I personally use Shell because they are ethenol free(and they are the only gas station i pass on the way to/from work.)

EDIT: I take the Shell statement back, the two in my town are ethenol free but not all are.

Last edited by exador; 03-01-2013 at 11:19 AM..
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #24
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Mobil 1 gas is the same as Exxon right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.