Linus '04 WJ build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Linus '04 WJ build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #31
Linus
2004 WJ 

I did not like having my amp mounted the back of my rear seat so I copied someones idea on here to make an amp rack. And I picked up a Alphasonik PMA800DF amp. Very compact and puts out around 800wrms at 1 ohm.

I took the shelf that goes in place of the stock cd changer if you don't have that option. I put some 4" bolts through the existing mounting holes for the cd changer bracket.

Here I have the interior panel back on and feed the wires through the openings.

I made a panel out of mdf and covered in felt that I mounted the amp to and ran the wires through. Came out ok for my first amp rack. The bolts are different depths and aligned a little off but it feels sturdy and doesn't take up any space.

And here it is all put together. I like that now I can pull my sub box out and lay the seats down without the amp being in the way.

Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #32
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

^^^Sweet, good job
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #33
WJ-matt
2004 WJ 

nice build man its funny the mods you have done too yours is very simalar to mine haha but overal its a nice looking jeep i like the idea with painting the front bumper i may have to take that idea from you if you dont mind. Definitly subscribing to this one.
WJ-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #34
Linus
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
^^^Sweet, good job
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJ-matt View Post
nice build man its funny the mods you have done too yours is very simalar to mine haha but overal its a nice looking jeep i like the idea with painting the front bumper i may have to take that idea from you if you dont mind. Definitly subscribing to this one.
Thanks, yeah I always liked that silver center piece on the WJ and it is a common look on a lot of other vehicles too, Tahoes, Xterras, 4Runners. Your Jeep looks good too, keep it up.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #35
Sfla_jeeper

No, trackbar needed? Any DW? Why only 2" lift and not a 3"? You and Thomahawk have the cleanest wj.. js.. any regrets or wishes for suspension setup?
Sfla_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.