Left the WJ World, Off and running with the JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Left the WJ World, Off and running with the JK

JK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off RoadDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

Left the WJ World, Off and running with the JK

Picked up a brand new 2013 JK, let the transition continue. Old Jeep up for sale at a bargain. Check my Classifieds

Not hard, if you have a socket wrench and the mental capacity of a ham sandwich.
BucYouUp68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
wvracer821
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

this guy is jealous lol
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
jeep04
2004 WJ 

Congrats on the new JK, when the Wj gives up or i give up on it whichever comes first thats what i will be looking at
04 Jeep wj Limited 4.7 <> 6.5" Iron Rock long arms front & Adjustable lowers on rear <> Bilstein 5100's <> 285/70r17 Goodyear Duratracs <> M/T black classic lock wheels <> Addco swaybars <> Superchips 3875 <> Magnaflow Stainless exhaust <> 2 Kicker comp 12's <> Kenwood head unit.
jeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just dont have time to work on it anymore, Brake line burst. Could have been bad. Final Straw. The problem is not the WJ, it was me. Used to be my DD, now I work from home, so it sat. Sad really, but my loss is someones gain. Very Happy with the JK so far, small though.....LOL

Not hard, if you have a socket wrench and the mental capacity of a ham sandwich.
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #5
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

How does the new penstar 3.6 feel compared to the engine in the dub? I think JK's should have bigger engines or a disel option from the factory...
2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

You know it is kind of hard to compare, it feels about the same as the S6. But then again, I went with the 6 Speed trans. So it is hard to compare, i can tell you one thing, i am going to miss that S6, that motor is bullet proof. I ran Amsoil in it since new, 25,000 mile oil changes, never burned a drop and when drained it was not black, just a tint darker then put in.

Unread 02-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
ultimo
2002 WJ 

good choice mate, it the past the WJ was nice and comfy and trial worthy, but these days the JK is everything including superior egronomics and huge after market support. Makes the WJ tired and redundant.
ultimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
MadderThanMax

"This Thread is worthless without Pictures" Fnar Fnar..

Get them up here for a looksee..
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

Been busy at work, i will add some when I can catch a break

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.