Kratos Budget Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Kratos Budget Build

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-28-2014, 02:24 AM   #1
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

Kratos Budget Build

Hey there guys, Ive been a member on here for a couple months. Havent posted anything on the forum yet but im a very active member on the Grand Cherokee WJ page on facebook. As well as Jeeps Worldwide and many others, Forbidden and what not. So the story is i bought my WJ back in August. I bought it with my graduation money and it took a lot of convincing to finally decide on getting a Wj.When i was 15 my parents asked me if id rather have a sports car or a Practical vehicle( im in Indiana) And being a normal teenager i said Sports car. I was always in love with the Thirdgen Trans ams. So at my 16th birthday party i got the biggest surprise of my life with an 88 Trans am. To make a long story short, All my dreams came true.Me and my dad spent 3 years building it, invested around 10 grand, And as soon as it was "Finished" ( i was in school at the beginning of senior year) Someone decided to pour 5 gallons of kerosene into my gas tank,causing massive blowby to my brand NEW 100 mile 350 with tons of mods. So its been in the backyard since and i was driving around a 2001 marquis junker with 300k miles on it.I Decided to get my WJ after seeing Daxters build on his.
heres a pic of my finished Trans Am by the way

So after i graduated in the begging of august 2013 (had to do an online class for a missing credit) My parents gave me 1500 dollars which literally, no joke, Made me faint. I then proceeded to sell my marquis for 500 so i had 2 grand before my Grad party. I was searching on craigslist and found a 99 Laredo with a 4.0 and 120,000 miles. The guy was looking for 2500. So we went out there and checked it out. It was pretty beat up and needed some work. The guy found it at his bosses storage unit and it was abandoned for 3 years. So he towed it home and changed the oil, got a battery, changed the fuel filter,brakes,new tires,new shocks, new springs, and he eventually got it to run. I offered the guy 1900 bucks and it was mine
The color code is PAW which was a 1 year only deal. Slate metallic. I dig it. As i began to discover more and more about Wjs i found out that i had the 242 TC(Selec trac) The "better" 4.0, and a couple other things. It has black interior, tan Nicotine covered headliner( it was a rare factory option)
The day i got it added angry eyes like a *****)

No damn Tow package Lol. Oh well, soon to come.

So before i knew much all i did at first was painted my rims ( THE RIGHT WAY, no plastidip) And bought a bull bar off Ebay for 130 bucks.And yes thats a barbie head on my Antenna, Lol. just My thing.

Ill apologize first of all for the extensive intro, Im trying to catch up from 9 months
Ill put the rest as comments

99JeepGcGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:27 AM   #2
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

I HATE not having good sounding audio. So i replaced the tweeters with sound streams and threw in my MB quart discus 10, Hifonics 1300 Watt amp, and an aftermarket Pioneer radio from the Trans am. itll have a double din soon.
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #3
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

So shortly after buying my Jeep, It began having the common lifter tick problem. So for now im just putting some Lucas oil in it and 20w-50. It seems to like it. Whenever i decided to fix the tick im gonna throw a sports comp cam in as well. If the motor for some reason blows on me,Im doing either a 350 swap or a 3.5 Nissan diesel swap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjH1...3o2HUq3rbhpB_Q
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:34 AM   #4
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

I apologize for all the pausing, Im trying to find pictures of the **** ive done haha.
Anyways, Got a deal on ebay for 4 offroad lights for 15 bucks. Set a bid and won lol. Theyre 55 W lights from harbor freight i believe. i like them. They produce GREAT lighting and are very heavy duty. Each light weighs 5 pounds. Also painted my Calipers yellow to match my shocks
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #5
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

Got bored one day and started emailed various companies and sending A message like "hey i love your company and was wondering if i could have some decals to support you guys" ended up getting around 50 packages every 3 days Lol. Threw some on the jeep in the process.I LOVE stickers/Decals. Im a sticker Whore
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:41 AM   #6
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

So i was tired of the Chrome because it dont get ya home on my grille. I painted it black and decided that im going to do a custom RBP grille. And No,not like daxters. I dont have any progress pics but right now im taking the stock grille and drilling a hole every inch and im debating on using rivets or just some simple alan heads. I wanted to keep the stock grille because the 7 slot grille represents jeeps. Im going to do Metal mesh behind the grille and get rid of the little black slot things. Im debating on using an emblem or not for the front Like the RBP star. If i do im going to make my own and instead of an RBP in the star i will do WJ. It will look something like this i think but with the 7 slots
rbp-star.jpg  
rbp-grille.jpg

Unread 03-28-2014, 02:42 AM   #7
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

here is it as it sits today for the moment
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #8
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

Lights on. I can drive with them at night time because out here theyre considered Fog lights
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:48 AM   #9
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

So Earlier last week i was on the Wj parts page and found someone selling a Rustys 4.5 advanced kit. Comes with everything but the A arm spacer. Even has Jk discos and an Adj trac bar.
I talked to the guy and ended up working a deal with him for 380 bucks for the entire lift. Not too shabby waited a year for a deal like this to come. The kit has about 5K on it
Short arm for now but i plan on calling up IRO in a couple months and getting long arms and throwing on a 2 inch BB so itll be at 6.5 Inches. The kit should be here on april 1st
heres a pic of the kit and it on his Jeep
rk-405a-wj_5.jpg  
Unread 03-28-2014, 03:03 AM   #10
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

well now i guess ill post my LONG list of Mods/ things i plan on doing with mine
Rbp grille
3/4 length roof rack
Flowmaster 44 with a Magnaflow high flow cat
Custom front winch bumper with a pointed stinger(gowna kill *****es)
Rigid Duallys inside the rear bumper that come on with the reverse lights
Custom functional cowl hood with vents on each side
Angel Halo LED projector headlights
Bushwacker flares. was gonna do the Iceland copies but decided that i dig the Rivet look better
35s
Custom full length belly skid
Custom made front driveshaft. Dads buddy is actually currently making me one from a 2002 Silverado Diesel driveshaft
Rhino lining the underside and wheel wells
Rock lights
custom rock sliders with built in Courtesy LEDS
Please no one take this, I plan on taking f350 dually truck Flare lights and putting the orange ones on my bushwackers up front and the red ones on the rear.
I Dig the semi look with all the lights, So im doing cab lights as well( Smoked)
Im also adding a 3 LED bar like Diesel duallys have to mine,but im gonna mount it to the top of my roof rack on the rear,also like Semis
Painting the ****ty Cladding, Adding a custom touch
LEDs in the mirrors and doorhandles that come on when the doors open
Unibody connectors
4 round lights for the roof rack. I dont want to do Lightbars.
I wanted Moto Metal 961s, but theyre wayy too expensive. So im gonna settle for cragar soft 8s with fake beadlocks
Jk Fuel door
LED tail lights with the Tail light guards. No they serve no purpose.Just like the look
Gas tank tuck
True Duals
Dana 44 rear from a JK
class 4 Tow hitch with the Tow package bumper
D rings for the front and a big one for the hitch
Tinting the front windows to match the other ones
I think for now that covers exterior

Last edited by 99JeepGcGuy; 03-28-2014 at 03:24 AM..
Unread 03-28-2014, 03:06 AM   #11
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

Interior
I HATED the wood grain. So i got the silver trim from a junkyard off of a limited and threw it on
Also got an overland cluster for mine as well. The air bag light and seat belt light are always on but im ok with that.Ill pull the LEDS one day.
Also got chrome door handles as well

Unread 03-28-2014, 03:11 AM   #12
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

I plan on doing the double din in the interior as well. Also, I want to buy the dash kit to get the titanium Burl wood color in Mine. Heres a pic from one
Also doing LED lights of course.
Im going to build a custom sub box that conforms to the rear plastics that can fit 3 12s. Im going to get Sun down Audios
I also want to mount a mag light Somewhere in the rear and a Air compressor as well.
I want to change out the stock handles as well.
20130713_181412_zps820d78ea.jpg   5832.jpg   dscn1250.jpg  
0c5d849b.jpg

image-1735395200.jpg

Unread 03-28-2014, 03:13 AM   #13
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

Camera back up mirror
forumrunner_20121216_233849.jpg

Unread 03-28-2014, 03:14 AM   #14
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

I like the whole black and silver theme. So im going to redo my head liner in black and paint the dome cover, **** handles,and anything else tan,Silver
Unread 03-28-2014, 03:17 AM   #15
99JeepGcGuy
1999 WJ 

In the end of this entire thing, Im not looking for a rock crawler or anything like that. I just want a Daily driver that i can drive to work with no issues, but then go offroad and tear some crap up. Thats It.
im 19 Years old and still with my parents. Undecided with school. I work at a grocery store as a night stocker and usually only make 400-450 a paycheck. So progress will be slow but bear with me. In the end i want to just have a one of a kind Wj. I tried doing that with my Trans am and i succeeded very well. So just wait for whats in store and hopefully itll be enough to make you wet your panties.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.