Just a plain 04 WJ "Build" thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Just a plain 04 WJ "Build" thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

I plan on the projectors, just a matter of budget!

Well some pretty big updates: I got my lift on yesterday along with the 31's and soft 8's. The lift install went way smoother than expected. It took me 4 hours by myself in my driveway with hand tools. I had no trouble with any of my springs and no broken bolts (thank god). I did have to trim some of my calipers after installing the wheels, but after that I was good to go! for a $85 lift kit it was totally worth it. The small lift with the 31's completely changed the look for the better.

Here are some pics:

Next items on the list are a new steering stabilizer, some new tires and alignment. The tires on there will get me by, but not for long.

mxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #17
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

Another small update: Picked up some new (new to me) rubber for the ol' girl. I sold my stock wheels and decent tires for $225 and picked up a set of pro comp mud terrains for $230. Two were pretty much brand new, and 2 are decent, but for the price, and the fact that the current tires on there were shot, I had to pick them up.

I also ordered a rough country steering stablizer and will be getting an alignment after that goes on.
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

Well I got my steering stabilizer in and on:

and for fun:

Unread 11-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
berndog67
2003 WJ 

got a set of those procomp mts for my trail set, they are a great tire and surprisingly not too loud for mts, and i also have that RC steering stablizer as well, def a much nicer than stock one, only problem i had with mine is it doesnt work too well after it gets smashed off rocks too much, lol
2003 WJ Overland, 4.7HO, D30 & D44A (1 tons going in now!), RC Long Arm, lifted 4" Front 6" Rear, RC 2.2 4" Shocks, JKS track bar, custom hi-steer, 35" Procomp M/T's on JK rims, beefed up Overland rock rails, custom skids and dif gaurds, Rugged Ridge 8500 synthetic winch in custom hidden mount
berndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndog67 View Post
got a set of those procomp mts for my trail set, they are a great tire and surprisingly not too loud for mts, and i also have that RC steering stablizer as well, def a much nicer than stock one, only problem i had with mine is it doesnt work too well after it gets smashed off rocks too much, lol

Yeah, I don't have that problem yet. No wheeling yet, I'd like to get into some nice novice trails rides.
Unread 11-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #21
braddf
2001 WJ 

Just a 2 inch bb front and rear?? Looks good man!
Unread 11-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #22
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

The front is actually a 2.5 to level it a bit, but yeah just BB. Im red-ing out the amber on the tails this weekend and making cross bars for my basket to mount my powerhounds.
Unread 11-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
braddf
2001 WJ 

Can you be more specific on what brand the lift it? I'm wanting the fat bobs 2.5 f 2.0 r and that looks great.
Unread 11-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

I got the kit off ebay, it was 84.99 with free shipping. Ill try to find what company I got them from.
Unread 12-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
braddf
2001 WJ 

Thanks man!
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #26
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

No problem, I got them from "jgcparts" on ebay. Easy install, clear directions on their website.
Unread 12-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #27
braddf
2001 WJ 

Are you running that with the stock shocks?
Unread 12-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #28
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddf View Post
Are you running that with the stock shocks?
Yes for now. It really isn't that bad unless you go over extreme pot holes/ dips to where your shocks fully extend out. My stock shocks were all still good so I chose to go this route until tax season when I am buying bilstein's. I just couldn't wait that long to do the lift. I couldn't stand the stock stance.
Unread 12-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #29
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

Got the rig out in the snow yesterday to go board
Unread 12-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #30
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

Well its been a while since I've posted. Ive done a few small things, nothing cool.....

First, I made some cross bars for my basket with about $25 from lowes. I used some plastic covered steel pieces I found in the shelving department along with some U-bolts

Then my windsheild washer fluid pump took a crap, replaced that for $30 thanks to rock auto.

Then my starter finally died on me (I knew it was coming)....luckiky had free road side assistance.....

I put my snowboard gear on and got the starter changed in my driveway in about a half hour.....took some fondling to wiggle it out.

Then it was nice the next day so I decided to do my diff fluids with mobil 1 and clean the diffs/ housings

I plan on doing the transfer case and fuel filter when I get back from colorado. Waiting on tax and birthday money to buy more goodies.

Front diff before and after:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.