Just bought my first Jeep, wanted to say hello - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Just bought my first Jeep, wanted to say hello

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
Muti007
1999 WJ 

Just bought my first Jeep, wanted to say hello

Hey gang, I wanted to say hi. Im a long time car/truck/motorcycle fanatic and just picked up my first Jeep last week, a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. This car literally looks brand new inside and the exterior aint that bad either. I got what I believe to be a great price on this rig and am very happy with it so far. Within a few days, I picked up a set of brand new (97 miles on the whole set) 2014 Wrangler base wheels and tires, with brand new Wrangler ST's on them as well. I was hoping to throw on a set of 17 or 18 inch Wrangler 5 spokes, but most all of them in my area had tires that would require a lift and/or some cutting, neither of which is in the budget right now. Im going through it now, so far did the tires and wheels, wipers, head and high beams and a bunch of other odds and ends. A new stereo, Clarion CZ500 I had bought for my S2k which I ended up selling, I had sitting in its box new for a while is going in in the next few days or so.

Just wanted to introduce myself. This forum has already been pretty helpful in stealth mode, figured I may as well say hey. Ive owned over 80 cars/trucks/motorcycles in my day, and currently also own a Lexus LS430 and a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100.

Last edited by Muti007; 09-16-2014 at 10:07 PM..
Muti007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
TricircleD
2000 WJ 

Welcome to the forum, and nice looking WJ!
TricircleD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
atomb
2002 WJ 

Really like that green color great looking Jeep ..God luck with it
atomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
Muti007
1999 WJ 

Thanks guys. Right now Im dealing with a non-functional rear wiper, which seems pretty common, and I have hood and rear glass hatch struts on the way. The K&N air filter arrived today but its been pouring all day. Next up will be flushing and refilling fluids. I also already picked up a set of Powerstop front rotors and pads, so installing them is also on the list. Actually, its a long list, lol. Whenever I buy anything, I have a half mile long list of everything I have to do, and sometimes its a longer list depending on the cars needs. So far knock on wood, she doesnt seem to have any extraordinary needs right away. What I cant believe is this thing doesnt have a hint of rust underneath it with 138k on the odo. The interior is also something to behold, absolutely beautiful for such an old and inexpensive car. So far so good
Unread 09-13-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
jeepsterpitt
2001 WJ 

welcome to the WJ craziness. I also have a green/taupe granny laredo that I picked up a few months ago, but it is a 01 and a slightly different shade.
Owned by my bosses wife for about 10 years and everything that was going to break was already replaced
She got rid of it because of the crummy gas mileage and wanted something new anyway, but like yours kept it super clean.

Congrats on the new toy.
What's in it 4.0/4.7-selectrac/QT?
jeepsterpitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #6
Tailspin57
1999 WJ 

Welcome

Here's my 99 Limited

Tailspin57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2014, 12:09 AM   #7
Muti007
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterpitt View Post
welcome to the WJ craziness. I also have a green/taupe granny laredo that I picked up a few months ago, but it is a 01 and a slightly different shade.
Owned by my bosses wife for about 10 years and everything that was going to break was already replaced
She got rid of it because of the crummy gas mileage and wanted something new anyway, but like yours kept it super clean.

Congrats on the new toy.
What's in it 4.0/4.7-selectrac/QT?
Thanks. 4.0 SelecTrac
Unread 09-14-2014, 12:36 AM   #8
losttech

2000 WJ 

Nice color and those rims are great for the price with the tires you cant beat them.
And you can always pick up a fancy set of MOAB or RUBI later on down the road.
Read the FAQ's browse the threads and soon you will be a WJ jedi
losttech is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #9
Muti007
1999 WJ 

^^ So right now I guess Im a WJ padawan
Unread 09-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #10
jeepsterpitt
2001 WJ 

padawan is a good word to use
here is my green 01

jeepsterpitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #11
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

OP...Welcome. Gotta be honest and say Im not a fan of green cars in general......but that shade looks great and really suits your WJ well especially with the non ltd bumpers. Very nice......and again Welcome to the madhouse!
Unread 09-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #12
Hierotochan
2001 WJ 

Welcome!

I'm not far ahead of you in terms of Jeep ownership, but have already learned a whole load from the Jeeple here.
You'll be lifting and tinkering in no time!

Oh and when you decide to start one, pop a link to your build thread here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...index-1543195/
It'd be nice to see your progress and you'll always get some ideas from reading other people's ones.
Unread 09-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #13
MadderThanMax

Hello...
MadderThanMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #14
Muti007
1999 WJ 

Ive had it for about a week and a half now. So far, I got the brand new 2014 Wrangler wheels and tires. Front windows getting tinted Thursday. Got a full set of Rugged Ridge floormats, front, center and rear, all installed now. Ordered a used OEM cargo cover from Ebay for only $40 shipped, as well as a new OEM rear cargo net. Ordered these today http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. This weekend installed the K&N air filter as well as the Sylvania zXe Silverstar headlights and high beams. Lighting is excellent now. New hood struts arrived today, not in the mood to install them yet. Rear window hatch struts ordered, should be here in a couple of days. Ill probably install all 4 of them at the same time once the rear glass struts get here. Replaced a few bulbs around the back, and a few fuses. Im sure theres more, I have to try and remember what else IVe done so far. Busy couple weeks as Im also working on the bike
Unread 09-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
Muti007
1999 WJ 

One of my other current projects. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100. So far since Ive had it (less than a month), Vance and Hines Longshots, K&N air filter, Dynojet carb jet kit, Viking Leathers hard shell saddle bags, Cobra lightbar and Im sure a bunch of other things Im forgetting right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.