JF Legal Eagles, advice :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > JF Legal Eagles, advice :)

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #1
ISUzj
2005 WK 

JF Legal Eagles, advice :)

So long story short, bought a jeep from a small dealer, also bought a ACS warranty for a insurance policy until I got the whole thing inspected and made sure there were no major fixes needed.

Warranty coverage stated that within 30 days, I could get a FULL refund minus a 25$ fee for cancelation.

within 20 days, decided I didn't need the wrranty, canceled it.

Got my refund minus $100. dealer claims its a $75 cancelation fee for them too. I looked, nowhere on anything I signed does it say they have a $75 processing/cancelation fee on dealer behalf.

Do I have any ground to stand on for something like small claims>? I have been calling them for a month and the only response I ever get is "thats just the way it is"

~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
NotSoMelloYello
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Go in and talk face to face. No business wants a scene going on in front of other potential customers. Get loud and make your case. Not worth the effort of small claims. Tell them you have someone in the news field and you'll get them to come down and do a story about the money scandal. Works just about every time. Good luck
NotSoMelloYello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

It'll cost them more than $75 to take you to small claims. For $75, I'd do exactly what NotSoMellowYellow said. They'll back down if you're firm.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
ISUzj
2005 WK 

I was afraid of that being the case of a threat of small claims wouldn't do anything. I basically have been calling them about every 2 days asking for my money back, and they keep telling me, we can't get a hold of the manager, or thats just how it is. They wont give me the owners direct # (who works in another city)

I will just keep pressuring them, I also called the warranty company to tell them that this dealer is shorting customers. All else fails, there are plenty of car-dealer sites that I can give them a reveiw on.

I am half tempted to call the warrranty company and try to make a claim, and state, that since they still have some of my money, I must still be covered?

The money isn't the end of the world. Its the premise that I was not made aware to me they would be keeping some of it until I got my short check.
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank

Unread 02-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

A claim with the BBB might get some results, although I've had varied experiences with that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Small claims is a lot of effort to put into $75

I'd go have one face to face with them and I'd I didn't get the results I wanted I'd drop it and never do business there again and make sure anyone I talked to about car purchases in the future knew they were shady.

They will eventually get theirs. The free market doesn't always punish bad actors quickly but believe me, word of mouth can be the lifeblood of a small business like that.

11 Ram 2500 - H&S tuned 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
ISUzj
2005 WK 

yeah my last ditch effort is to tell them."Easier to ruin a reputation then it is to rebuild one"

After that, cash the check they sent a few weeks ago,.... and call it quits.

Thanks guys

Unread 02-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #8
kc0514
2003 WJ 

Walk in carrying a lawn chair and ask for the manager. If they say he isn't available take a seat and tell them you will wait.

It all depends on:

How you rate money vs your time vs the principle of the fact they ripped you off.
kc0514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.