Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JerzeyBoy 03 wj build

269K views 2K replies 125 participants last post by  JohnS123 
#1 ·
Ive had my jeep since may of 09 for my first jeep . i knew i wanted a 4x4 and i always loved jeeps so my dad told my to get a Wrangler but i decided i wanted to be different from everyone else and started looking for grand cherokee's in the 99-04 range which is a WJ :).... soon enough i found my jeep with 108xxx miles with the I6 engine
Before

After. 4inch rough country lift and 32s

7.25 IRO lift and 35s

AND HERES THE BUILD..

its wasn't too far after the day i got it and i took it out on some trails

when i got home

i know my rims are still clean.. on the way out of the trail was just water

me trying to do some flex on the stock suspension

i always thought this was a cool picture

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 04jmccaffertywj
#2,004 ·
JerzeyBoyWJ said:
Haha I just don't like that open gap trying to give it a clean look like I never even cut it
I agree

#2,006 ·
So got the jeep back from and alignment today and everything is good except my front driveshaft is vibrating and they said they can't adj. it anymore ...

#2,008 ·
Need more pictures

#2,011 ·
BLACK04WJ said:
your driveshaft is a double cardon right? if not.. get one or a double double. if it is then your pinion is way too high and needs to be lowered. someone correct me if im wrong
. My driveshaft is a double Cardon that I ordered from Carolina driveline

Bama_WJ said:
Definitely need more pictures. Preferably of the driveshaft. :laugh:
Sorry I mainly took this picture for people who have the IRO long arms so they can see the bracket ...I'm currently stuck at Rowan university girlfriend is driving me to my house right now to pick up my tools so I can take out the front DS so I can at least drive home Sunday

#2,012 ·
#2,013 ·
Gonna be working on my front and rear driveshaft angles on Friday ...also gonna try to replace my upper control arm bushing on the axle ...anyone got any tips on how to replace the bushing? Gonna take everyone's driveshaft angle tips into consideration so thank you everyone for those tips!! Hopefully everything goes well because the alignment to IRO's specs really helped with the jeeps Handling

#2,015 ·
Changed my rear u-joints today to see if that would calm down the vibs ..nothing still the same so I'm gonna adj. the angles tomorrow ...pain in the butt because no shop will touch my jeep anymore because the lift kit is too extreme .....

#2,016 ·
Still having issues with the rear? Usually for the rear, people will go with a SYE and a double/single rear drive shaft.

How is the front doing?

#2,021 ·
IMHO, with the large angles, some sort of d.s. angle measurement tool or inclinometer (not sure if correct word). Would be really helpful!

#2,022 ·
snobrdrkid07 said:
IMHO, with the large angles, some sort of d.s. angle measurement tool or inclinometer (not sure if correct word). Would be really helpful!
Already bought an angle finder hah

#2,024 ·
Now I am curious to see what your d.s. angles are man!

#2,025 ·
Not sure if I'll be any help here.
But I have had this problem with my front shaft for some time now.
I recently put new u-joints in and found this

Should be sending the shaft out at the end of the week to fix what I found.
Not sure if this helps ya, but a possible thing to look at.

#2,026 ·
Cnolenwj said:
Not sure if I'll be any help here.
But I have had this problem with my front shaft for some time now.
I recently put new u-joints in and found this

Should be sending the shaft out at the end of the week to fix what I found.
Not sure if this helps ya, but a possible thing to look at.
My front shaft is good ..it's basically brand new I had in on for a year ...then my front axle blew up so I got that rebuilt with the 4:56s then I just drove around for almost a year with out my front DS I just gotta find the time to mess with the jeep with no body bothering me and adj. the angles

#2,027 ·
Here's my rear DS angles for everyone who is curious...don't mind the Greese splatters that's from my new u-joints

Attachments

#2,028 ·
By those pictures, the rear shaft "looks" to be okay.

That slip is like wayyyy out from the looks of it too. What drive shaft are you running? A v8 shaft with your 44 or a standard i6/d35 rear d.s.

#2,029 ·
By those pictures, the rear shaft "looks" to be okay.

That slip is like wayyyy out from the looks of it too. What drive shaft are you running? A v8 shaft with your 44 or a standard i6/d35 rear d.s.
stock driveshaft ...your actually suppose to shorten the DS when you swap in the 44a because on the 44a the pinion is a little bit longer than on the d35 ...so i just pushed the axle back some instead of shortening the actual driveshaft

#2,030 ·
Gotcha. Don't know why you are getting Vibe in the rear like that. Maybe time for a SYE and a double cardon?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.