Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JerzeyBoy 03 wj build

269K views 2K replies 125 participants last post by  JohnS123 
#1 ·
Ive had my jeep since may of 09 for my first jeep . i knew i wanted a 4x4 and i always loved jeeps so my dad told my to get a Wrangler but i decided i wanted to be different from everyone else and started looking for grand cherokee's in the 99-04 range which is a WJ :).... soon enough i found my jeep with 108xxx miles with the I6 engine
Before

After. 4inch rough country lift and 32s

7.25 IRO lift and 35s

AND HERES THE BUILD..

its wasn't too far after the day i got it and i took it out on some trails

when i got home

i know my rims are still clean.. on the way out of the trail was just water

me trying to do some flex on the stock suspension

i always thought this was a cool picture

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 04jmccaffertywj
#35 ·
i did the quad tail light mod today ..came out really good i followed the write up on street jeeps heres the link http://streetjeeps.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5095

heres the hole i drilled

socket screwed into place

the wiring i used those easy tap in wire things

driving lights..

brake lights..

#38 ·
i did the quad tail light mod today ..came out really good i followed the write up on street jeeps heres the link http://streetjeeps.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5095
the wiring i used those easy tap in wire things
is the wiring
white to brown
black ground to black ground
black to yellow
:confused:
were did you get the bulbs/socket?

also like the light bar. have a coupon for those lights for $17 so going to pick up 2 sets.
have any pics of the light output on a dark road?
do you get any sounds when driving form the light bar?

nice WJ build

#36 ·
Yo you should add the build of your trailer on here since its for your jeep haha

#41 ·
thanks man i would look at your build thread but the link isnt working :thumbdown:

im sure it looks great tho

#43 ·
thanks for teh info and pics.
i know they light were you aim them.

did you just run the given cable or ran to a point and then just 2 wires (+ & -) up to the bar?
install looks really clean up there
i ran two positive wires to the battery
one wire for each set of lights.
then i just used one wire for the ground

just make sure you get thick wire or there going to melt..i forget what gauge i used

#44 ·
ok, i noticed the given cable and it looks like 16 gauge so was curious on how you did it. i used 10 gauge for my 2 130W and its a bit over klil but i rather over do it with electrical items then use thin cables.

hows the jeep hold up with all the light on at the same time?
has to be over 60 amps drawn with them all on at the same time

#47 ·
:rofl: haha the battery holds up really well .. im also running a 200watt amp for my subwoofers and the batt meter doesnt budge

so your alternator should be fine

#50 ·
thanks, the backspacing on the rims are 5.7 and the offset is 18..my tires dont stick out of the side of the jeep but it still has a wider stance once i get 33x12.50s my tires are going to stick out more, rough country lifts are a good start if your on a budget but if you can throw in a couple more hundred dollars i would recommend IRO

when i first got my lift on it rode great and really smooth
but now it only being a year old im starting to here alot of noises ..mainly the shocks clunking but all WJs have the shock clunk..if you want more quality i would go with IRO.. i here no complaints on them on this forum and if you do a quick search on rough country your entering a war

#52 ·
Yea I sold my TJ a little over a year ago and really miss it , I'm getting stationed overseas for 3 years but when I get back I'm defiantly getting another jeep. This time the WJ seems to be whats gonna fit my life the best. I need a weekend wheeler , but a grocery getter to. I looked at the IRO lifts and it looks clean , not to pricey with upgraded arms and shocks . I could never use those 2.2's again .. my teeth and head cant take the shaking!!

#56 ·
if you give me some directions i would go there........but..........:rantscream: i just blew my tranny friday night.... so once i get that all figured out ill be happy to join you wheeling :2thumbsup:

#62 ·
well i just got back from the shop told them the story and they said there going to take a look... and if they cant not figure it out they are going to send it out to a transmission shop that they recommend here are some pics of how she is sitting until i get her back on the road

:washme:

sadly im just finding out that we are going to get alot of snow this week in jersey and i wont have my jeep to mess around with ..o well i guess its for the better

#63 ·
i got the call from the shop today.. a very good call since i herd i don't need a rebuild and it was just a bad sensor for my output shaft

:peaking: now the build continues

#67 ·
come to think of it, I had a transmisssion sensor go bad in my 2000 wj...but i had a light show up on my bezel...we thought it was dying on us while we were driving to FL on 95...turned out to just be a sensor

damn...can't seee...tooo muuuuuchhh redddddddddddddd!

#69 ·
haha dont worry guys your going to love it more once i get a new lift in the summer.. i have tons of plans for it

as we speak right now im drawing up some ideas for a bumper and doors

#71 ·
didn't draw the tube doors yet i finished the bumper last night.. ill work on the doors after im done some homework and ill post the pictures

#72 ·
here are the pictures on my tubed bumper and door design

THE BUMPER

my plans are to make it look more towards a prerunner bumper from the ZJ

THE DOORS

doors are pretty simple nothing crazy in the design ..on the bottom i wanna have metal mesh ..if you were wondering what all of the holes were on the bottom thats what they are

now if i ever actually make these are a mystery since i don't have a welder nor pipe bender but i guess these are just a dream for now

#76 ·
i like the look of tube bumpers on WJs im leaning towards the one on applehill4x4 website

If you don't mind can u post of all the stuff on your jeep and how much it all runs. And how to wire the lights
yeah i can post a list its just going to take a little bit..until i actually want to sit down and type it all out .. but i will get it done for you :2thumbsup:

#75 ·
Nice looking Jeep! My neighbor has a stock WJ, I need to show him this post.

#78 ·
so today i put a new shackle on my harbor freight hitch receiver .. the one that the receiver came with just looks retarded

also it was 50 degrees today so i washed the jeep and drove around with all the windows down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.