JerzeyBoy 03 wj build - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > JerzeyBoy 03 wj build

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #1516
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
I am not sure how I could deal with the tire noise. I am picky! Is your EVIC Avg MPG's closer to what your by hand calculations are?
lol i enjoy it. other than that just crank up the radio. plus it drowns out the sound of *****ing women

You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #1517
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Superchips is set to the 87 tune and 29.5 inch tire size. I think it has been off for a while... I can not remember to be honest.

I need a CHEAP intake/exhaust lol
do you have any exhaust shops around you?...my flowmaster was 100 bucks installed

and you can piece together and intake at autozone i think spectre makes the universal kit ..but you gotta buy a filter too

you can make a kit on here too you just gotta figure out what bends you need ..which i think it would be a 90 degree elbow at the throttle body + a straight pipe then a 30degree to the filter
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jerzeyboy-03-wj-build-1155698/
JerzeyBoyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #1518
RedneckZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBoyWJ View Post
do you have any exhaust shops around you?...my flowmaster was 100 bucks installed

and you can piece together and intake at autozone i think spectre makes the universal kit ..but you gotta buy a filter too

you can make a kit on here too you just gotta figure out what bends you need ..which i think it would be a 90 degree elbow at the throttle body + a straight pipe then a 30degree to the filter
or just get a cheap ebay one lol
You drive a tj, we drive a zj. We have more power while you get more shower. We get the v8 while you get there too late. You have 2 doors well, we have 2 more. Ours costs a grand while yours has a price we cant stand.
RedneckZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1519
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:

Yeah, I probably do. That is a pretty good deal too! I want to redo the piping to all 2.5 inches too.

Ill check out that site. I know I said cheap, but I am still holding out for a deal on a K&N CAI like the piping...
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #1520
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I am not sure how I could deal with the tire noise. I am picky! Is your EVIC Avg MPG's closer to what your by hand calculations are?
i never did hand calculations ..haha i never took the time to right everything down then do the math ..right now im getting about 16.8 mpgs ...

Unread 01-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #1521
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I use fuelly.com. Really cool and simple online site that lets your numerically and visually track fuel usage. Just cause I am a nerd haha. There is a link in the sig!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #1522
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
I use fuelly.com. Really cool and simple online site that lets your numerically and visually track fuel usage. Just cause I am a nerd haha. There is a link in the sig!
that sites pretty cool ...but it looks to me that the cold weather affects the mpgs by looking at your chart

i herd by someone before that you get worse mpgs in the winter because your engine is working harder so its using more gas

Unread 01-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #1523
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
that sites pretty cool ...but it looks to me that the cold weather affects the mpgs by looking at your chart

i herd by someone before that you get worse mpgs in the winter because your engine is working harder so its using more gas
Haha thanks, and that huge gap in the data is when I went off to college and did not have the Jeep at that point.

Winter MPG's suck because they use winter blend gas, in the winter ha. Here is why Here haha

Also winter blend gas sucks, and you loose mpg's because it takes MORE fuel to do the same work as it would for the summer blend. There is ~ 20% more energy per gallon of summer blend vs winter blend...

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #1524
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Well your Jeep does have to warm up longer and during that time its running rich as hell and dumping fuel in the engine so that can be attributed to it. Not having your Jeep fully up at operating temp kills gas bad. Common misconception is to let it warm up at idle but turns out its better for the engine and for gas to just drive it very gently and let it warm up driving. When I go out in the cold I keep it under 2k-2200rpm until I'm warmed up, then I'll go 3k when the arrow is at normal temp then five minutes after usually good to give it the good ol' floor if needed.

think I accidentally clicked the thumbs down arrow on your previous post while trying to hit the quote button, if it tells you I thumbs downed you ignore it lol!

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #1525
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
Well your Jeep does have to warm up longer and during that time its running rich as hell and dumping fuel in the engine so that can be attributed to it. Not having your Jeep fully up at operating temp kills gas bad. Common misconception is to let it warm up at idle but turns out its better for the engine and for gas to just drive it very gently and let it warm up driving. When I go out in the cold I keep it under 2k-2200rpm until I'm warmed up, then I'll go 3k when the arrow is at normal temp then five minutes after usually good to give it the good ol' floor if needed.

think I accidentally clicked the thumbs down arrow on your previous post while trying to hit the quote button, if it tells you I thumbs downed you ignore it lol!
This is also really good info! I agree.

Haha, I will be on the look out for that thumbs down. I have not received a PM about it, YET. Haha

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #1526
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

GOT EMMMM! ..for $150

more like 40% tread but they will give me more grip than my terra grapplers!

Unread 01-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #1527
Terminator2

I like mud grapplers but as noisy as they are I would run boggers on mine because they are about the same as far as loudness and tread wear (boggers are a much harder compound vs a regular TSL)

What size are they?
Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #1528
roach68
1999 WJ 

My buddy has some Mud Grapplers on his truck, he hates them in the snow.
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #1529
Terminator2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach68 View Post
Lack of siping and a tread design that lacks lateral traction are mostly to blame. Also the compound gets really hard in freezing temps just like any non winter tire.
Terminator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #1530
JerzeyBoyWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
I like mud grapplers but as noisy as they are I would run boggers on mine because they are about the same as far as loudness and tread wear (boggers are a much harder compound vs a regular TSL)

What size are they?
only got them because they were cheap and had good tread ...they are 33x12.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach68 View Post
ive herd different views on them in the snow i pretty much went by the review in JP magazine they gave it a rating for 3 outta 4 in the snow category

now i gotta find a place that doesn't wanna rip me off for mounting and balance ..i just went to a place and they said 40 bucks a tire because my rims are special ? wtf the 12.50s should actually mount up easier on a 9 inch wide rim ...the tires i have now are stretched on my rim

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.