Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JerzeyBoy 03 wj build

269K views 2K replies 125 participants last post by  JohnS123 
#1 ·
Ive had my jeep since may of 09 for my first jeep . i knew i wanted a 4x4 and i always loved jeeps so my dad told my to get a Wrangler but i decided i wanted to be different from everyone else and started looking for grand cherokee's in the 99-04 range which is a WJ :).... soon enough i found my jeep with 108xxx miles with the I6 engine
Before

After. 4inch rough country lift and 32s

7.25 IRO lift and 35s

AND HERES THE BUILD..

its wasn't too far after the day i got it and i took it out on some trails

when i got home

i know my rims are still clean.. on the way out of the trail was just water

me trying to do some flex on the stock suspension

i always thought this was a cool picture

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 04jmccaffertywj
#2 ·
ok so now for the small mods i did to keep me busy until i got some cash

blacked out tail light (seriously)

i tried to put a clear coat on the tail lights to make them shine better but i messed them up and they got all foggy so i had to order a new set of tail lights and i re tinted them lighter

got my front windows tinted 20%

i hated the stock radio because it had a cassette player so i picked up this alpine head unit

my ipod nano perfectly fits in that little box below the air controls

my brother gave me his old subs..for awhile i had them hooked up to my rear door speakers with no amp since all my stock door speakers were blown

heres where i installed my amp and capacitor later on

my jeep came with pin stripping on it and i hated it because it looked so girly so one day i borrowed my moms hair dryer, heated up the stripes and peeled them away heres some pics
BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

i wanted to make my jeep look more like a "jeep" so i decided to put two lights on my roof rack.. so i found out i looked like a bunny :peaking:

also smoked out my front turn signals

#3 ·
i wanted to see what my jeep would look like with a black grille so i just took the chrome one off

soon after i painted it

made a piece together air intake ..only had it on for a week then i put it on my buddies civic :p

a long time after selling that intake i made my own out of 3" PVC and a real K&N air filter
i also added a heat shield which i made out of sheet metal and sprayed with high heat paint

#4 ·
got 4 100 watt harbor freight off road lights to put on my roof rack

looks much better with 4 lights

i wanted to add a little new car style to my jeep so i got some led fog lights

i loved the way they looked esp. at night time

#5 ·
now its time for a lift and tires.. i went with the 4 inch rough country, 17 inch kmc rims, and 31 inch nitto terra grapplers

when i put the tire up to my jeep i started the scratch my head thinking they weren't gunna fit

but sure enough they did! heres the pics right after the lift got on

#6 ·
heres some more pictures i took
my jeep next to my buddies YJ

next to my moms yukon xl

in front of an explorer

next to my brothers f150

#8 ·
since im trying to put my build thread in order of how everything happened im starting to find out its pretty hard haha. But after i got the lift on i started doing more trail riding and i got a cb radio and 2 foot firestik antenna .. i soon realized that a 2 foot was too short sooo later on i ordered a 4 foot firestik firefly

here is my first cb radio

i liked where i mounted it because the mic was in a easy reach spot

then a long time after i broke my first cb trying to mod a RF gain on it so i ordered a midland 5001Z which is basically a cobra 25

i had the 4 foot antenna way before i got the midland this is just the only picture i have of it ( dont mind the tail light guards they come in the build later :shhh: )

#10 ·
Must say I think it looks great. I live in jersey too and see so many stock wjs with blacked out tailamps and subs in the back so when I first started reading I thought it was gonna be another one of those.:laugh: But after the lift and rims along with the lights, it made a complete 180 and is a great looking wj. I have the same cb as you, my only question is that is it comfortable to have it in that location, I can upload a picture of where I put mine if you are thinking of moving it.

#13 ·
haha when i first got my jeep i was going through the black out stage.. and i still am.. im just going in an off road approach

but i really like where i mounted my cb ..its comfortable for me.. thanks for the input tho!

#11 ·
if your wondering if i still got the jeep dirty since the lift here are some pics

my favorite picture yet

as all you WJ owners know when you lift her your front DS isnt too happy so i ordered this
i got some very small vibrating only when i put it in 4 wheel

#14 ·
Who did you order the driveshaft from. I need to get one with the double carden joint this summer.

#15 ·
ok well now that you guys already saw my graduation present in the pictures above i might as well post some pics of them up

old vs new

#18 ·
so after i graduated it was summer time.. and i started to do alot of fishing so i made my own fishing rod roof rack holder

i know its not something that helps for wheeling.. but i love to fish and i didn't wanna lug my rods inside the jeep

the rods get held in by bungie cords i cut in half and put between the mounts holding the fishing rod holders to the roof rack

#20 ·
hot summer day call for no doors :rofl:

yeah i only did this for one day and it was scary ha.. but it gave me some ideas for tubed doors

my mom wasnt too happy about it cause she was concerned over my safety hah and my friends uncle said my jeep could of been red tagged and towed away so i put them back on really quick

#21 ·
over the summer i found out about the PA jeep show in york .. so i took my jeep there entered her and surprisingly took third place in my class .. i wasn't expecting this at all

but to anyone on JEEPFORUM that was there and voted on my jeep thanks!

tell me if any of these jeeps are yours my dad took this pic haha

heres me .. on the left and my buddy on the right .. he has a YJ but didnt bring it to the show

#22 ·
over the summer i had alot of extra spending money so i decided to tint my whole front windshield with 35%

my windshield isnt tinted in this pic but i took my lights off one day so i could go through the car wash .. and found out my jeep looks really weird with no lights on top

but anyway heres some more pics of the windshield

difference between tint and no tint

i know some of you guys are going to ask why i would ever tint my whole front windshield.. and the only reason is because i really like the look..and i do have 8000k HIDS to help with seeing at night

#23 ·
so to help with the rubbing i had on my front bumper during flex i decided to cut out the fog lights

these are the last pics i have before i cut the bumper
this is at a sand pit where i usually go wheeling.. sadly this is the biggest hill we have there :eek:

next i got some RC quick discos, freedom ed. side rails that i painted gloss black, and put my two old roof lights in front of my grille with 6000k l.e.d bulbs

my redneck RTI ramp :eek:

6000k l.e.d bulbs in the front grille lights

freedom ed. side rails i got and painted

here they are on the jeep

#24 ·
while searching on JF i found a jeep show that was pretty close to me.. the grass roots jeep club hosted "jeeps in the vineyard" in shamong nj.. entered my jeep and took third place again..:confused: i was still surprised because there were alot of jeeps that caught my eye and i thought were better but hey i didn't vote .. but thank you for who ever voted!

my buddy brought his YJ to the show

#25 ·
#26 ·
christmas time!

i got tail light guards from my mom mom.. and Rough Country dual SS, ADJ track bar from my parents to complete my lift

the tail light guards wouldn't fit because of my cb antenna mount so i had to grind out a square

#29 ·
thanks, yeah i knew the windshield tint wouldn't go over very well on JF but everyone has a different style :cheers2:

#28 · (Edited)
heres the install of my dual SS
its cold so i put my jeep in the garage since theres a wood burning stove in there

Before

After

my buddies who helped me also helped putting on my hitch!!

my friend Mudmouse990 finally got his 33s on his yj

heres us parked at WAWA that night

#30 ·
made my quick discos more "quick" yesterday.. just drilled out the holes slightly bigger

heres some poser flex on car ramps

#32 ·
Nice Jeep man! Ive seen it around the site a few times. I have a few questions about your front DS. I saw you paid $218 shipped was that with the tcase yoke? Are their any vibrations in 2wd or 4wd? Do you have a tcase drop installed?

Thanks man

#34 ·
Nice Jeep man! Ive seen it around the site a few times. I have a few questions about your front DS. I saw you paid $218 shipped was that with the tcase yoke? Are their any vibrations in 2wd or 4wd? Do you have a tcase drop installed?

Thanks man
yeah it came with the transfer case yoke ..but i bought a new yoke for my font axle from rugged ridge because the stock yoke uses straps to hold on the u joint..and my new yoke uses a u-bolt to hold in the u- joint.. and i have no vibs in 2 wheel but in 4 wheel i have slight vibs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.