JeepWJ's 03 WJ Ltd Build Thread - Project Golfball - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > JeepWJ's 03 WJ Ltd Build Thread - Project Golfball

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 07-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #106
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Image courtesy ducksguts.

Unread 07-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #107
drwolcot

2002 WJ 

do you have a write-up for your install of the USB charger? That is a pretty sweet idea

|
|
2002 WJ Overland | 4.7 H.O. | Clayton 6in LA | LSR Bumper | JKS discos | JKS Track Bar | KOR SS | BFG KM2's 285/75/17 | Carolina Front/Rear Driveshaft | Quadradrive | 125k Miles
|
|
RIP
|4.7 | 242HD | 2WD-->4WD Conversion | Vari-Lock front D30 | D44a Aussie Locker | Hybrid RCX 4in + BB | IronMan FUCA's | D30 Solid Diff Cover | Carolina Front Driveshaft | JCR Stage 3 Sliders | E-Fan Conversion | Hard-KOR SS|
WJ 2WD-->4WD Conversion Build Thread
|
|
2003 WJ Overland - SOLD
drwolcot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #108
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwolcot View Post
do you have a write-up for your install of the USB charger?
No I don't. Actually, I kinda need to redo that whole setup anyway, so when I do it, I'll try to do a little write-up. It's actually pretty simple. I just took a cig-lighter to USB adapter, one of those PCI-slot USB head thingies, and a USB cable, cut the PCI deal and the USB cable, and wired them together, black to black, red to red, etc.

Don't look for a write-up on it in the tooo near future, though. I've got a couple other things to blow some money on....like a leaky rear axle driveshaft bearing and a dent from another tree I backed into. Then probably a steel rear bumper, so at least when I back into a tree, I wouldn't bash up my heep. LOL.
Unread 07-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #109
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvreitz View Post

Image courtesy ducksguts.
I thought I was going to end up pulling you out of that. You know we are the only ones who attempted the tank trap. Probably because no one else wanted to wash all the mud off their Jeeps.

I'm surprised you made it through as well as you did. I had trouble with TSL's and lockers.

Quote:
I've got a couple other things to blow some money on....like a leaky rear axle driveshaft bearing and a dent from another tree I backed into. Then probably a steel rear bumper, so at least when I back into a tree, I wouldn't bash up my heep. LOL.
Haha, post carnage pics. You just hate that rear hatch don't you. It's going to be red or something before you know it. Because you replaced it with something from the junk yard.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #110
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducksguts View Post
I thought I was going to end up pulling you out of that. You know we are the only ones who attempted the tank trap. Probably because no one else wanted to wash all the mud off their Jeeps.

I'm surprised you made it through as well as you did. I had trouble with TSL's and lockers.

Haha, post carnage pics. You just hate that rear hatch don't you. It's going to be red or something before you know it. Because you replaced it with something from the junk yard.
Couple things. 1) nice stealth self-pic thread hijack. Don't think I didn't catch that 2) I made it through because I'm GOOD. You heard DJ; it's not the Jeep, it's the driver. Not that my Jeep's all that bad, though! 3) If it's red, it'll be red for as little time as possible, until I can get it painted the right color. You're giving me ideas...maybe I should drop by the JY and pick up a rear hatch, a set of doors, and a 242HD. And some 8.8s.
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #111
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Couple things. 1) nice stealth self-pic thread hijack. Don't think I didn't catch that 2) I made it through because I'm GOOD. You heard DJ; it's not the Jeep, it's the driver. Not that my Jeep's all that bad, though! 3) If it's red, it'll be red for as little time as possible, until I can get it painted the right color. You're giving me ideas...maybe I should drop by the JY and pick up a rear hatch, a set of doors, and a 242HD. And some 8.8s.
Custom 8.8 steering axle using Dana 44 knuckles.

Edit - no reason to do all that and end up with another low pinion axle. Go with the Ford Hi-9 setup.

I looked at those IRO JK assemblies.

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #112
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

OMG, I can't believe I just posted that piece of crap on my own build thread.
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #113
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

and now, for something infinitely more useful...

247-242 swap. I may or may not end up needing this link. Depends on if remanufacturing my front driveshaft works.

EDIT: won't be necessary -- yet. Got my front driveshaft redone and that solved my problems.

Last edited by JeepWJ; 07-17-2010 at 12:01 PM..
JeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #114
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

ZOMG! I wouldn't quite call this growing, but it's definitely getting older!

Unread 07-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #115
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

finally got around to supporting JF Note, I changed my name.
Unread 07-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #116
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWJ View Post
finally got around to supporting JF Note, I changed my name.
All this money to buy memberships and too broke to go to AVF

naw, JF support is a worthy investment.

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 08-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #117
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Just got me some JKS discos. feel tha luv.
Unread 08-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #118
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWJ View Post
Just got me some JKS discos. feel tha luv.
pics or it didn't happen

Check out my Classifieds
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #119
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

well, seeing as the whole point of the discos is to REMOVE them, I can't very well take pix.....no, just kidding, I'll see what I can arrange.
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #120
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Oh ye of little faith..........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.