JeepWJ's 03 WJ Ltd Build Thread - Project Golfball - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > JeepWJ's 03 WJ Ltd Build Thread - Project Golfball

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 01-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #61
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

The array works! Now I've just got to wire up the mode switch on the EVIC, and then wire them together.....
EDIT: Everything works!!! Holy cow, I'm pumped!

Here's a little vid of it working:

Here's a couple shots of the EVIC getting wired up:

I still have to make the array for and wire up the right rear map light, and the dome light in back of the Jeep. Then I'll replace the courtesy lights on the doors with reds and we'll be good to go!

for those interested, you need a 470-ohm resistor in series with the LEDs to make them not blow out from 12v...

Last edited by JeepWJ; 01-23-2010 at 02:52 PM..
JeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2010, 01:00 AM   #62
mtnmarc
1999 WJ 

wow.. impressive with the lights. crazy wiring it looks like.
Unread 01-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #63
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmarc View Post
wow.. impressive with the lights. crazy wiring it looks like.
thx....it wasn't too bad once I figured out a) the logic (how to wire everything so it does what it's supposed to) and b) how to mount the switches. If you're real good, you'll notice I messed it up a bit. When you turn to night mode, the left rear light automatically comes on. Quick solder job will fix that...
Unread 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #64
theksmith
2003 WJ 

hey just finally got over here to check on your light mod, came out nice, congrats!
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #65
HokieBrett
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvreitz View Post
just a quick list of things I need to do/clean up on my heep (so I'd remember to do them):
  • trim bumper a bit more. Left front still rubs.
Uhhhh... what? you basically have no bumper left!?

HokieBrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #66
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
hey just finally got over here to check on your light mod, came out nice, congrats!
thanks man! I'm pretty pumped about it....is there something wrong with me if I get so much satisfaction out of turning a lamp on and off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieBrett View Post
Uhhhh... what? you basically have no bumper left!?
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! No, I left some of the black rubber cladding on the back and that still rubs a bit. You can't see it in the pic, but it's there.

Anyway, there's no such thing as too much bumper trimming.

Last edited by JeepWJ; 02-04-2010 at 06:38 AM..
JeepWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #67
HokieBrett
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvreitz View Post
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! No, I left some of the black rubber cladding on the back and that still rubs a bit. You can't see it in the pic, but it's there.
Hmm, I was thinking I was going with a 2" BB and 245/70R17's, but you're still rubbing with a 3" IRO and 245/70R17's? I'd rather not trim
HokieBrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #68
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieBrett View Post
Hmm, I was thinking I was going with a 2" BB and 245/70R17's, but you're still rubbing with a 3" IRO and 245/70R17's? I'd rather not trim
well here's the thing. I cut things. It's only rubbing very mildly, but because of the cut cladding and the ginormous treads on the MTs, the tread grabs the corner of the cladding and pulls when I turn the steering wheel right and go in reverse. If you didn't cut the cladding like I did, there probably would be waaay less issue.

That having been said, that's with the 3" IRO. ABSOLUTELY no guarantee what a 2" BB would do...
Unread 02-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #69
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Just re-did my trailer-hitch wiring. Whoever originally did it, put about 3' too much cable in the back, so it kept falling out onto the exhaust pipe, and melting/burning.....
Unread 02-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #70
njmrenegade
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeWJ View Post
ok, they went away
those squares are supposed to be with jf formatting i was told, it happens on my firefox, haven't tried it on ie, like the ones in the pic below?

also nice build, i've been looking at wj's all day and i want one

sorry about the pic hijack aswell
box.jpg  

Last edited by njmrenegade; 02-28-2010 at 02:26 PM..
njmrenegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #71
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

(finally) ordered some Rusty's tow hooks! Looking at actually going out wheeling with a group, so I thought I'd splurge and buy some mandatory safety equipment. HA.

EDIT: I bent them later, pulling a TJ off a log.
Unread 04-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #72
rufus46
2003 WJ 

really nice build. I kinda wished I had limited or overland edition instead of my stock 2003 Laredo 4.0L, then maybe I would rival your work.

the only significant thing I did was give it a meagre 2 inch lift (which is how all WJs should sit stock) since it looked like a station wagon.

Anyways I'll definately check up on your build occasionally when I get the chance.
rufus46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #73
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus46 View Post
really nice build. I kinda wished I had limited or overland edition instead of my stock 2003 Laredo 4.0L, then maybe I would rival your work.

the only significant thing I did was give it a meagre 2 inch lift (which is how all WJs should sit stock) since it looked like a station wagon.
Thanks! Yeah, I sometimes kinda wish I had an Overland too. They're just so pretty....

as for meagre...I'm starting to feel that way about my 3" lift, and ten bucks people like ksmith are starting to feel that way about their 6", so don't worry about it!
Unread 05-11-2010, 06:41 AM   #74
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

did a bit of wheeling with a local jeep club last weekend.....good times:

Busted up a rocker panel and a taillight. So I'll have some stuff to fix this weekend
Unread 05-11-2010, 07:32 AM   #75
theksmith
2003 WJ 

kewl, you got it dirty!

i did the front driver seat heater fix like you a few months ago, the burnt up wire was in the exact same spot... i guess that's the area that flexes the most on the seat as we get in and out over and over again.
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.