JeepWJ's 03 WJ Ltd Build Thread - Project Golfball - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > JeepWJ's 03 WJ Ltd Build Thread - Project Golfball

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #316
3JsWJ
2003 WJ 

Great build! That winch mount sure looks interesting. I have been debating a winch bumper or just a winch mount too.

How do you like the IRO OTK tie rod? I've really been thinking about getting it lately.

3JsWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #317
theksmith
2003 WJ 

just read your thoughts on winch placement - i've been thinking the exact same thing. i've gotten so used to no-bumper, i don't want something sticking way out. i bought a generic winch mounting plate a while back and plan to cut into the grill and mount it as far back as possible as well.
theksmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #318
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JsWJ
Great build! That winch mount sure looks interesting. I have been debating a winch bumper or just a winch mount too.

How do you like the IRO OTK tie rod? I've really been thinking about getting it lately.
It's a huge pain to set the toe

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #319
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JsWJ View Post

hm, never saw these posts. whoops! the otk rod is really nice, but like ducksguts said, it's a HUGE pain to set the toe. You have to put the bar in, put the wheel on, measure, take the wheel back off, turn one of the heim joints a half turn, put it back on, put the wheel back on and measure again, until you're within about 1/8". HUGE pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
just read your thoughts on winch placement - i've been thinking the exact same thing. i've gotten so used to no-bumper, i don't want something sticking way out. i bought a generic winch mounting plate a while back and plan to cut into the grill and mount it as far back as possible as well.
K, PM me before doing too much, i'm working on a full solidworks model that i'd be happy to share. the way i see it, the more people look at it, the less possibility of bad engineering...
Unread 10-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #320
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

After my limiting straps broke last weekend, I’m working on a new spring containment system. I’m basically ripping it off Iron Rock Offroad’s design (upper) (lower), and using some scrap that was left over at work. Parts made:

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #321
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Upper retainers installed:

and how it sits in the spring:

tomorrow night is a jeep club meeting, so I probably won’t be installing the lower retainers until later this week, or this weekend.

Sorry guys, it's been busy and money's been a little tight, so I've been slow on the build. Things should be picking up here soon again.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #322
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wait, so your bump stops are on the unitframe rail and limit the travel of the upper control arm?

That's bizarre.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #323
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Read through the build and it is pretty awesome man! Really big on the lights like I am!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #324
wxmanWJ
2000 WJ 

Hey nice build! Wondering if you ever got a build sheet from Jeep that listed the sales codes? Doing some research on UC spring codes and wondered if you had a build sheet.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.