JeepWJ's 03 WJ Ltd Build Thread - Project Golfball - Page 13 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 324 Old 12-05-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

a few notes for myself for later:

2003 Grand Cherokee 4x4 Expedition Vehicle - Worklog (dockable HP Laptop) - MP3Car.com

2001 Grand Cherokee CarPC install - 10" monitor - MP3Car.com

No promises; I'm just thinking about it.

2003 WJ Ltd, 3" IRO w/ OTK + JKS discos, 245/70R17 BFG KM2s, JCR sliders, ProtoFab rear bumper, lots of electrical mods.
my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, my
, my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 324 Old 12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
theducksguts
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Lame, you need to save that money for long arms.

Check out my
post #183 of 324 Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducksguts View Post
Lame, you need to save that money for long arms.
in that case, I need to save even more money for a taller garage. Read the build plan

And from your profile ("Unibody fixation"), I see you should stop telling people to buy LAs, and buy YOURSELF a WJ

2003 WJ Ltd, 3" IRO w/ OTK + JKS discos, 245/70R17 BFG KM2s, JCR sliders, ProtoFab rear bumper, lots of electrical mods.
my
; my
, my
, my

Last edited by JeepWJ; 12-06-2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Teasing Ducksguts some more

post #184 of 324 Old 12-07-2010, 06:36 AM
theducksguts
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWJ View Post
And from your profile ("Unibody fixation"), I see you should stop telling people to buy LAs, and buy YOURSELF a WJ
that's only because TJ's make me yawn...

Check out my
post #185 of 324 Old 12-13-2010, 03:53 PM
theducksguts
1998 XJ Cherokee 

in before the bumper

Check out my
post #186 of 324 Old 12-13-2010, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Readers, please disregard Ducksguts' comment; he doesn't know what he's talking about

my
; my
, my
, my
post #187 of 324 Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Sorry about the crappy cell pics, but they get the point across. Anyone want my old hitch receiver? PM me a price!

my
; my
, my
, my
post #188 of 324 Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

running into some pretty major fitment issues - I can't get the bumper on with the gas tank skid. I can get one or the other, but not both. I'm suspecting I may have to come up with something like a custom skid. More to come, but this is turning into a BIG pain.

my
; my
, my
, my
post #189 of 324 Old 12-17-2010, 09:46 AM
theducksguts
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWJ View Post
running into some pretty major fitment issues - I can't get the bumper on with the gas tank skid. I can get one or the other, but not both. I'm suspecting I may have to come up with something like a custom skid. More to come, but this is turning into a BIG pain.
I say you call Ron and talk to him about the skid. You could likely cut the skid and cut the tire well to lift it then. If you are going to re-weld something might as well relocate that evap canister too.

His welder is more than powerful enough for your 20 gauge sheet metal.

Check out my
post #190 of 324 Old 12-17-2010, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducksguts View Post
I say you call Ron and talk to him about the skid.
I've dropped the hint to him. We'll see what happens.

my
; my
, my
, my
post #191 of 324 Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 PM
theducksguts
1998 XJ Cherokee 

time to drop that extra coin on the HF welder

Check out my
post #192 of 324 Old 12-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Bama_WJ
2001 WJ 

Raise the gas tank while you're back there. It's awesome!

Daniel

Current Stable: 2001 WJ, 2006 WK, 2006 TJ, 2014 WK2
post #193 of 324 Old 12-17-2010, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
Raise the gas tank while you're back there. It's awesome!
That's something I'm contemplating. The thing is, the integrated skid on the bumper would have to be re-welded at a different angle, so I wouldn't hang up on it all the time. I wanted to have this bumper on two days ago, and it's still not on yet, so, depending on whether I can get my hands on a welder, it'll either get modded with the tank lift, or not. I dunno. I'll keep y'all posted.

my
; my
, my
, my
post #194 of 324 Old 12-26-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

OK, bunch of stuff going on:
  • got the bumper on
  • getting a large evap leak (and small evap leak) code. I'm gonna have to relocate the evap canister, probably like ksmith did.
  • waiting on a new CB
  • still need to work on bumper fitment a little
  • I wanna lift the tank but I need to find someone with a welder, so I can do it.
  • working on some rock lights.
  • I need to do some regular maintenance.

my
; my
, my
, my
post #195 of 324 Old 12-28-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Fixed the evap leak but still haven't moved the canister, got and installed the CB and it's awesome. I also got the license plate installed, but I still need to run wiring for the lic. plate light. Yes, I know I still need to take a pic of the finished bumper too. I'll try to sometime soon.

my
; my
, my
, my

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.