Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 12-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #121
mibridger
2002 WJ 

Happy New Year to you all.

Got my WJ back with rebuilt engine, more mods planned now

Cheers,

Mark.

2002 Grand Cherokee WJ Overland 4.8 HO, K&N FIPK, rear CAT removed, stainless free flow exhaust, Brembo front disks/pads, Addco rear sway bar, Bilstein HD shocks, Dick Cepek 17x9 wheels, Cooper Discoverer AT3 tyres, dark smoke tinted windows 50% rear/20% front, LED interior lights, Spyder LED tail and centre lights, Rugged Ridge front/rear/cargo mats, TM snip mod.

Addco front sway bar, along with rear left brake caliper (siezed).

CCFL/LED front lights, LEF fogs fitted.
Head Unit Pioneer AVH-X3500 active sub, new speakers.

Engine rebuilt, new valves/seats, lifters etc (ouch).
mibridger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #122
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Got express delivery on my door from DHL,
Funny thing, DHL guy Asks "isnt you the guy with the cool Jeep?
Guess he have been on my door before, lol
I told him about the green one was wrecked, he was shocked, and that i started to rebuildt a new one, think he will come and delievier more parts, lol

Anyway, got my 36x48" sheet of 3M Di-noc Carbon fiber film, now what to carbonize???

Carbonfibergear.com Are awsome, ordered 3 days ago, shipped from US>Norway, Thumbsup!
image-2194993912.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #123
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

What not to carbonize is the question! After I did mine (inspired by your thread) I had left overs and ended up doing some playstation controllers, tv remotes, put a few pieces on my bow. I thought about putting some around my tv too.

I wanted to get some more to redo the jeep in silver but ran out of any jeep money all summer. I like the black just haven't seen silver carbon on a WJ yet.

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #124
Merc1973
2002 WJ 

Keep up the good work! It bet it's much easier to fix and modify the second time around.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Merc1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #125
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^Thx man, i do,,,
Carbonized my grill chrome insert today, streching the film inside all the slots and curves was a PIA,

image-2655847259.jpg

i challenge anyone to do it perfect.
I F up 2 times,

image-2905590778.jpg

and used almost all my film, auch, settled with this 3rd try, its as Good as gets, its crazy hard

image-3164997935.jpg

Got some cut and teares where it doesnt cover the chrome, but only inside slots in the top, not to visibil, recomend super patiant for this Job,,, I might redo it, we will see

image-1582208346.jpg

Anyway, it turned out AWSOME!!!

image-812928538.jpg

Very happy with the almost perfect result, Nice to Get rid of the chrome, and now its one off

image-620213521.jpg

image-3291485768.jpg

What you guys think?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 01-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #126
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

Looks good on the 04 grill! So do you have to add two layers some areas? Does it stick well to itself? I've only worked With real carbon and epoxy, that would be a total pain to overlay. Looks good, I'm looking forward to installed pics!
2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #127
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thx again, this is how it looks mounted, reason its sooo hard is that i tried to make it out of one piece only.
image-39462618.jpg

image-3512078952.jpg

Unread 01-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #128
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Thx again, this is how it looks mounted, reason its sooo hard is that i tried to make it out of one piece only.
Sorry, I am not a fan of the "blacked-out" look.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #129
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thats ok, your still welcome to share your opinion, lol, Good thing we all dont like the same things, or we would have identic WJ's all guys.

Pulled all lift parts out of my garage, and into my Jeep.

2"BDS coils,
Coil isolators,
Bilstein 5100 shocks,
Addco front swaybar W/JKS QD endlinks,
Addco rear swaybar W/IRO ext endlinks,
IRO rear sway bar spacers,
JKS trackbar, KOR TB bushings,
Moog super trial boss SS.

Going in tomorow morning to my friend who lifted my last one, and does all Work i cant manage myself, he is expirienced with Jeep's now, and i have thought him well about how to do it right, ROFL

Next to come up will be a minor bumber trim to clear those 31's GG AT's, cant wait to see it grow up

Very very next on my list is to investigate/Fix the engine tick, that has highest priority!!!

Unread 01-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #130
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

You know, we will need some pictures, so take plenty :-)

Unread 01-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #131
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick View Post
Sorry, I am not a fan of the "blacked-out" look. Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Well, you ARE keeping the alloy rims on it, right? I still think it's a nice-looking Jeep. Just don't black out the wheels.

Unread 01-06-2014, 01:58 AM   #132
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^Nah, i am not, got some Nice Procomps with 31's going on, later Black rims as well, so you gonna hate it when i am finished with it, sorry man, ROFL

Unread 01-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #133
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Jeep Finished at shop today, Didnt manage to pick it up, cause i have been out of town all day, superstoked!!!

Got These pics from mechanic, will pick it up tomorow morning

Looks really stupid with Those pizza cutters,,,
image-3466546726.jpg

image-2947540665.jpg

Unread 01-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #134
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

I like the grille. It's so subtle. I have the same headlights. If you want a fun project and want to make them look darker with out compromising visibility, I pulled the lights open and plastidipped the fake chrome on the inside. They look a lot darker now and don't cut down visibility at all.

Looks good! murder the whole thing for all I care, it's ya jeep!

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #135
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Jeep Finished at shop today, Didnt manage to pick it up, cause i have been out of town all day, superstoked!!! Got These pics from mechanic, will pick it up tomorow morning Looks really stupid with Those pizza cutters,,,
Haha pizza cutters. I have been seeing very similar rims on Chevrolets, lately. I wonder is that's what they are?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.