Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 12-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #106
PowderHound
2003 WJ 

I ordered a mopar replacement oil pressure sending unit online because my old one was leaking. They actually called me back and told me that according to my VIN I needed a different one. I don't think they are swappable.
It's nice to see that you are attacking this dub with the same ambition as your last one hehe. Did the old rear Billy's get crushed in the accident? Is that why you are ordering new ones?

2003 WJ♦Inferno Red Limited(4.7 H.O., Vari-Lok axles)♦OME HD/BILLY 5100S♦IRO t-case skid, adj. tb, sway links♦Moog SS♦Factory tow package w/harness & tow hooks♦ Amp/12 sub box♦new bad b**ch passenger♦1993 XJ country♦lift/muds/winchbumper-sold♦build thread instead of long A$$ sig soon...
PowderHound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #107
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Yes thats about correct, the 04 dummy gauge is not swapable and its a PCM problem, i believe Billzcat did some investigating on this subject and if i remember correctly its a nogo.

My lift is scheduled to 6th january, and yes one rear billy was croocked from the rearend and would not extend fully.

Really cant wait to Get thrue the christmas shhh and Get this thing up 2" and rolling on 31's.

Anyway, wish all my fellow jeepers a great holyday and may your Jeep's get as much parts as needed.

MERRY X MAS EVERYONE!!!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #108
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Lazy dayz, but atleast got the grill mesh mod done today, image-4084984790.jpg image-1808003032.jpg image-1832094847.jpg image-2567242251.jpg Looks Good and the added protection to the radiator is also nice, might do the lower bumber opening later on. image-679708047.jpg image-3172512197.jpg
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #109
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I've always wanted to do this. My black slat things are broken in a few places. Looks fairly straight forward... what do you use?

Also I don't think you had to snip those original pieces out? It should have all popped out?
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #110
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Easy, Cheap, and quick Fix (1 hour),
especially on the 04's with separated grill bumber fascia.

I use some cheap mesh from auto store, if you remove the insert completly, the grill will wiggle sligthly after install, reason why i just cut out the plastic slots inside openings.

Always wanted to do the lower part/opening too, and the pre 04's have the slots down there, which i like, it looks better IMO.
The lower part of the 04 radiator Are very exposed for stonechips etc, so the added protection down there will be a very Good reason to put mesh down there too

Unread 12-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #111
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Ahhh that's why you had to cut into it. Gotcha. Its on my list of things to do haha.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #112
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Todays Lazy mod, led interior light upgrade, just did the cargo light, dome/reading light, and passanger assist handles. Waiting for more bulbs to arrieve to finish up the rest,,,

Deff looks fresher and newer
image-365720739.jpg

Unread 12-29-2013, 02:22 AM   #113
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Your idea of a lazy day mod and my idea of a lazy day mod differ greatly LOL

My idea of a lazy day mod is taking my WJ into town and deciding it needs new wiper blades....And let me tell you that back blade was a ***** to find today but well worth the effort.

Oh yeah, saw a set of tires and wheels today for $400.....BFG A/T KO's and the rims weren't too horrible and the tires were about 85% or so. Then I went and looked at them and they were supposed to be 17"s and they wound up being 20s. I said thanks but no thanks. 20s on a Stock WJ IMO is going to look not good.
JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #114
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

440km Roadtrip to Sweden today, averaged 19.9mpg on EVIC.

Calculated by hand,
Last full tank, 40/60 Mixed around town and highway, 1.45l/10km~16.22mpg

Not to bad

Looks like it chew some oil when i drive it fast and hard, doing 70-80mph on highway and having some kickdowns when passing other turtle Drivers in my Way, will keep an eye on this.

Unread 12-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #115
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Did an engine flush image-4190627841.jpg and new oil and filter today. Cant Get 10W-30 anywhere around, Valvoline Europe dont have it in its product line, no other Brand either, WTF whats up with That, 5W-30 or 10W-40 is what all shops i have checked got on shelf.

Since engine tick got worse, and i have only 3000km since my last oil change, but anyway wanted to do a flush to hopefully solve the tick. Last time i used Valvoline 5W-30, not able to find any 10W-30, today i used some 10W-40 omega oil i had around to see if That helped, anyway its not very cold now, some mornings below freezing, but nothing more.

Didnt help my tick, still same got some dirt out of engine though, image-2230252957.jpg
guess my next move will be to Get someone Ells to check whats wrong with the engine.

My main consern is rocker arms, valve, timing chain problems or worse, i dont know what happened with it as i bought it with a radiator problem, might Been overheated at some point, as i really dont want to tear into the engine myself, this one might Get expensive.

Shhhh this is really irritating the H out of me, as i Cant enjoy it before this is fixed

Unread 12-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #116
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Ticks in 4.0's are common, but I'm a little stumped with a ticking 4.7. Normally I'd suggest a pint of MMO in your 10w40 and run it a full OCI to see if that helped (it often does with a 4.0), but I don't think MMO is available where you are.
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #117
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^No cant Get That, but the Omega cleaner i have used with Good results before, their products have a very Good reputation.

Took a spin out to my friend Rikken, he is an awsome motorbike/hot rod fabricator/engineer, and know a little about everything.

image-2686480775.jpg

With a doctor stetoskop he listened around the engine to locate the tick, he also says is more prone on driver side valve cover, and maybe at second cylinder from the rear, but hard to pinpoint excactly.
A dropping rocker arm should made more noise, so it might be wear to either rockerarm, rollers, cam shaft, or a valve not operating correctly.

Next move will be to pull cover and see how it looks inside there, hopefully something obviously and replaceble, Rikken says These engine's Are pretty easy to repair, WTF, depends on who's talking, for me, NO, for him, YES.

Here is his latest and craziest project, 150cu in with blower, should be putting out 240-340hp!!!

image-2078934321.jpg

image-403443392.jpg

More info about Rikken, see rikkencustom.com
Or rikkencustom at facebook, awsome fabricator,!!!

image-1993244214.jpg

^^^360 rear wheel, 23" front wheel, 120cu in

Unread 12-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #118
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Happy new year all my fellow jeepers!!!

Mobil1 10W-30 syntetic engine oil and more WIX filters on order, got a great deal on flebay on That oil, and since its just a hazzel getting 10W-30 around here local i thought it was smart move to just order 12qts, Good to have around.

Plans for next year,
Get engine running perfect,
Exhaust and tuner,
Brake upgrade,
Lift'n wheels,
Viper alarm,
Stereo,
Light bar,

Sooo many plans, hi hi, hopefully next year i can Get this new Jeep back in order and upgraded to the level my green one was

Unread 12-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #119
Pierre_r

1989 XJ Cherokee 

In the worst case the tick can be a burnt valve since its getting louder for you.
Pierre_r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #120
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Yeah, i also been thinking That, need to pull valve cover to see if anything obviously is wrong, inspect for wear and tear rocker arms and cam lobe, also need to check driver side exhaust manifold for leak.

Not thinking it Got worse actually, its more like i noticed it more after vacuum leak and idle is fixed. It had a hissing air sucktion sound ontop of idle at 1100rpm and exhaust leak, i couldnt notice before, all Those noises covered up on the tick i believe.

After i fixed this and weather got below freezing point, i started to notice the tick first at cold start ups, changed oil to 5W-30, no luck, might Get worse or just i That Are focused on listening for it, idk, cant hear it inside cabin when engine is hot.

We will see, hopefully, hopefully, next year,,,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.