Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 12-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #76
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

LUCKY FRIDAY 13TH!!!

Had my mechanic friend have a look at the jeep today, found a broken rubber bend/hose at the rear end of engine/intake, it goes to the PCV valve, its my vacum leak, once he put his finger on it, it settled down at idle at once, and we could clearly hear the vacum leak was away.

Parts will be ordered and issue fixed, i am sooo glad i wasnt my intake manifold gasket, which i suspected and is a huge operation in comparison of changing that hose.

Coolant leak at lower radiator hose/clamp attempt to Fix, we will see if it still drips after all spill Are pressure washed away.

Drained and replaced Transfer fluid, 247 fluid came out looking Good, new Mopar 247 fluid back in.

Getting there small steps at the time

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #77
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Guys seen this before???
http://www.hornblasters.com/products...train-horn-kit
A friend of mine ordered one today, its pushing 150dB!!!
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 12-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #78
Pierre_r

1989 XJ Cherokee 

I have seen them and have been thinking of buying one.
Would be fun to accidently "forget" to switch of it when the jeep has its yearly inspection where checking that the horn works is one of the steps.
Pierre_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #79
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

^^^I would love to have one, really LOUD one, set by alarm. So if anyone fickle with the Jeep and and trigger the alarm, they will fly away with bleeding ears, lol

Today i threw out the spare tire, i am not going to use it anyway (hopefully), cause i will roll on 31"'s very soon, and a non full size spare have no use.

To compensate for that, i bought a tire repair seal box, and a tire repair kit,

image-292156990.jpg

and threw them into the spare tire wheel well, together with my Cold steel shovel/axe, Jumper cables, tow strap (favourite), Reflective west, ratchet straps,

image-2340576918.jpg

Will add a flashlight, first aid kit, and some more smart gadgets, then i have a great recovery/emergency kit in my spare wheel well.

Unread 12-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #80
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Doesn't that tire repair stuff eat up the inside of your tire? You use it enough times and you are going to have to replace the tire.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #81
Fiori1010

Yes eventually the tire repair inflate can will do damage to your tire. But i think his purpose for this kit is to get him up and going during an emergency tire situation. I have a similar setup as well worked well for me during a emergency situation i had.
Fiori1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #82
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiori1010
Yes eventually the tire repair inflate can will do damage to your tire. But i think his purpose for this kit is to get him up and going during an emergency tire situation. I have a similar setup as well worked well for me during a emergency situation i had.
^^^Excactly, its for an emergency to Get me up and going.

Got my idle issue sorted today, it was the PCV to intake Tube, bend cracked half Way off,

image-731110177.jpg

temporary fixed it up with tape, new part on order.

image-4050435449.jpg

Idles perfect at 650rpm for the first time since i got her SWEET

Also seems like my coolant drip is solved by now,

Everything starts to Get together great,
Soon i will have more parts, more new projects, and early next year it will be lifted, new exhaust and lots of other mods on my list.

Unread 12-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #83
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiori1010 View Post
That's my point. A tire repair is cheaper than a tire replacement. That's why I keep my spare in the back, but that's just me.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #84
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I see your point, but atleast its better than having nothing, or a non full size spare, which arr useless, would love to have the 5th wheel either on the roof or on the rear, we will see about That, just another project, would love to do a tank tuck also, just adding up on my list.

Unread 12-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #85
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Got Jeep driven and tested out today after i reset and check for codes, no codes, no check engine light , and recheck ATF, added 0.15qt, Quick clean/spray off, damn salt

image-2726419593.jpg

Fuel consumption seems to be more normal now, will have to drive it more to see if thats right, but Throttle respons and everything seems better, pulls much stronger now with the correct air/fuel mixture.

Big smile on my face

Unread 12-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #86
snobrdrkid07
2004 WJ 

Hornblasters are awesome, they're loud! YouTube "hornblasters", they've got tons of hilarious videos.

As for the tire sealant stuff, I would not use it. Unless a dire emergency. I've heard stories of it corroding the rim and ruining the tires. I'd keep a plug/patch kit handy, (that is what I do). But, can't hurt to have a can of that stuff for the emergencies, you never know.

How are you storing/organizing all this equipment? I need help on that one! haha

Nice find on the vac leak!
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #87
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Hornblasters are awesome, they're loud! YouTube "hornblasters", they've got tons of hilarious videos. As for the tire sealant stuff, I would not use it. Unless a dire emergency. I've heard stories of it corroding the rim and ruining the tires. I'd keep a plug/patch kit handy, (that is what I do). But, can't hurt to have a can of that stuff for the emergencies, you never know. How are you storing/organizing all this equipment? I need help on that one! haha Nice find on the vac leak!
Yeah, they Are hilarious, been looking threw them, lol

I have used That sealant stuff years ago with no problem after, but i really hope i dont ever need to use it.
The other tool kit, is a plug/glue and air fill kit, never tried it, but also better than not having anything.

Frankly i am only storing, not organizing, everything is just thrown down there for now, would love to find some "foam" like material That not absorb humidity, and cut out for every tool/piece needed, so everything has it own place and stays there without any rattles.

New mod coming up tomorow

Unread 12-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #88
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Today's mod, front doors window tint, image-53211804.jpg
Looks Way better this Way imo

Unread 12-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #89
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Got around to do sparkplugs and Serpentinebelt today,
image-2153708305.jpg

Old plugs looked ok,
image-1656856636.jpg

Serpentinebelt didnt need replacement, but have been full of coolant, PS and ATF fluid spills and i got a new one around, so i figured why not. image-2435410944.jpg

Also did a engine compartment cleaning and detailing, since i now aint got any leaks anymore, image-411456259.jpg

Looking Good
image-975381131.jpg

Unread 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #90
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Looking good indeed!
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.