Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 11-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #31
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Didnt Get around to do anything today, cause i was at another Tattoo session in Sweden all day, but atleast i ordered some new Overland badges the old one look like H...!

image-4138789712.jpg

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #32
Gabi
2003 WJ 

'Morning!
I see U are a Jeep real supporter! Good, very good
I've got few questions for You; I'm actually in Poland, so climate is similar to your country in winter. I'd like to know if you already did or planning any lights update.
Power of fabric lights is poor, as maybe you had also experienced. Actually i went with the 9005xs bulbs to normal beams also (fitting with small modifications to the 9005xs bulbs), gaining 10w...but still could be better. Have any suggestions? Same I did for the fog lights, 9005 instead of 9045...
And do you know of any led lights kits, both for interior or exterior (day lights)?
Thank You in advance, and...have a nice Jeep!
Gabi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #33
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^Hi man, i will Go for Projector headlights, and also thinking about going for a xenon fog light upgrade.
And i have a 40" Rigid Industries LED light bar putting out over 20k lummen on order
And i have some Custom A pillar light brackets i might buy some more light for and mount up, or hidden inside grill, we will see,
but bright there will be, no worries

For the interior light, i will need to do it again, i did it with my old green jeep, but its labout 2-3 years ago, so i will need to research it up again,

Here you have all socket info needed>>>
http://www.wjjeeps.com/lamps/lamps.htm#INTERIOR
I dont know if there Are any kit, but in my old buildt thread you can find what bulbs i used last time.

i will sure do this mod later on, so stay tuned.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #34
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

First thing in the morning, going to check PCV, damn thing cracked in pieces at the lightest touch

image-1656538442.jpg

Imediatly threw check engine light,
Got lucky to find a overpriced at shelf at stealership, bought it and replaced it.

image-3301145405.jpg

Also replaced licence plate bulbs with LED

Ok now check engine was gone but still idle high,
Started to investigate vacum leaks, have a air sucking/blowing sound coming from the rear of TB intake area, found That it raised the idle rpm when i sprayed start gas in That area,

Replaced brake booster vacum hose and some others That looked alittle cracked at the ends, no dice

image-2688868486.jpg

The vacum line going behind engine towards torpedo wall from one top to the another and have a t piece going to the resonator box was cracked at the ends going to the engine,

image-235019752.jpg

Name:  image-2688868486.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  187.4 KB

image-1237892194.jpg

image-1704223819.jpg

tried to tape them up with electro tape, but still no dice
Its still raises the idle rpm when i spray start gas in the rear top end of the intake, behind TB,,, aaaaahhh!!!!

How sensitive is this vacum system???

This now starts to irritate the H out of me, cause idle at ~1000ish rpm, makes it shift hard from P>N>D, and fuel consumption is out of wack.

And where the heck Are this ground strap going???

image-3416342334.jpg

image-2809202553.jpg

comes one from right side engine compartment torpedo wall>engine>this one, i cant see to figure out where its going,,,

Any or all ideas apriciated, i really need this fixed, its my DD,,,
image-2454445564.jpg

Unread 11-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #35
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

New crank case breather hoses ordered, idk of they leak, but the condition is rotten so i will replace them as a preventive move, dont want any problems down the Road.

I am conserned That my high idle, hissing/air like sound from TB/intake area Are an intake manifold leak, guess i need to learn more than i expected with this Jeep, hmmmm

Gasket ordered from Kolak to, thx for all the Nice prices Nick, you save me huge, compered to stealership here.

Unread 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #36
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Okay, Thomas, I went out and checked under my hood. The ground strap looks like it comes from a plug coil, or near it (it is dark here and even though I had a flashlight, it was kind of hard to see back in there). The other end attaches to one of 5 bolts on your upper firewall, just under the rubber weatherstripping, on the passenger side. It attaches to the second bolt from the left, as you are looking out of the windshield from the passenger seat. I wish I had taken my iPad with me for a picture, but I hope you understand what I am talking about.

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2013, 02:16 AM   #37
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thx a ton, i will check it out further today

Unread 11-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #38
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Got radiator today

image-3103672708.jpg

So i replaced radiator,
got a Good SHOWER with coolant and some ATF, other than that and some stuck hoses needed some attitude to Get off, it Went quite ok, everything back together again

image-2195466306.jpg

image-194420528.jpg

Refilled coolant and Transmission fluid, had no PS fluid so still sitting, but i will continue tomorow, got late today.
Will buy PS fluid, refill,
check bleed coolant more if needed.
check ATF,
inspect for leaks,,,

Anyway Good progress, hopefully 1 big issue solved.

You can see clearly where old radiator been leaking in the top center,

image-2415203120.jpg

but its also croocked at the bottom
image-2553865533.jpg

Unread 11-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #39
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Bought PS fluid this morning, to crazy price at stealership, refilled, bleeded, repeat, repeat, repeat, steering ok again image-3369015819.jpg
Added, bleeded and checked coolant once more, ok by now. Checked, added Transmission fluid until level ok, Ground strap mounted to driver side coil, thx to JF members, Thumbsup image-863208024.jpg
Noticed That it leaked some fluid, cleaned everything down to trace it easier, Looks like its coolant coming from the big lower radiator hose, just small dripping, so i will try to Fix this tomorow when i have axcess to a shop, its cold outside today, brrrrrr. Quick clean of Jeep and engine compartment, it had been some spills with different fluids, lol Looks Way better now image-310707954.jpg
Interior pic>>>
image-3712919896.jpg

Unread 11-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #40
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

I really like those wheels. I wish they had put those on American Overlands. I noticed your battery cables are reversed from what ours are in the States. The positive cable is in the front on ours. Is that a European thing, too? Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #41
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Yes they Are quite Nice, but not factory wheels, most likely aftermarket, will sell them and the other set Silver Rouge with summer tires, as soon i can put my 31" tires on, need some lift to clear those.

Idk about the reversed polarity off the batt, That how it is, i believe they are all this way around here.

Unread 11-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #42
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Had another look at fluid leaks after radiator change today, wiped everything down again to locate it easier.

PS fluid conections at fan seems good and tight now.
Minor coolant dripping at big lower hose/clamp engine side, got the rubber tube wiggled alittle and moved the clamp some seemed to cure this
ATF leak at lower radiator conection, got it tightened up by half a turn, looks ok, but will keep an eye on this on.
This is my hand after radiator swap, no question that its tight behind there,,,

image-2531823939.jpg

And i got Platinum sparks in the mail

image-3265678812.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 12-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #43
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Nothing done to the Jeep today, Lazy day,,,

but i stil have a small dripping leak ;(
Its from the same spot, at the lower thick coolant hose/clamp at engine side, phu
Atleast there is no ATF anymore, so i assume that one is cured by now, getting there,,, one leak at the time, lol

My only "serious" issue That needs to be solved right now, is the high idle, i really believe its the intake manifold gasket, which will take a while to Get over here,,,

I will focus on small Fixes needed and continue to Get around all service and fluids.
When all borring stuff is done, it will be time for some more fun projects, so be patiance.

CANT WAIT TO START THE FUN PROJECTS!!!

Update heads and tail lights
Lift'N tires
Exhaust'n tuner
Stereo upgrade
Viper alarm/remote start Interior
upgrade led/dashlights/Carbon fiber
Armor, rocker guards, shackles,,,

Unread 12-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #44
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

But not to Lazy to plan future mods, here is what that turned into,,

LED interior light bulbs ordered

Blue light for instrument cluster, climate control, evic buttons ~30X socket PC74, (I might need some #103 bulbs to, idk for sure),
Blue light for ashtray, 1X socket 161
Blue light for footweels, 2X socket 906
Blue light for glovebox, 1X socket 194

White light for handles/door, 3X socket 214
White light for Cargo, 1X socket 212
White light MAP/dome light, 2X socket 192

So there will be blue instrument, dash, button lights, and white door, Cargo and MAP light, i think That will look awsome

Unread 12-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #45
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

You won't be able to do the blue for the instrument cluster because it is the electroluminescent cluster. Isn't lit up by light bulbs.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.