Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip Elim

Unread 02-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #226
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Thomahawk....Would you mind (because I am too lazy to go back through 15 pages of this post) and tell me the current set up you are running as far as lift, tire size, wheel size? PLEASE??

Thank you in advance. Also, I love what you are doing with your new WJ. Yes they are expensive to get where you want, but I appreciate what you are able to do with yours.
Mine is an '04 Limited with the regular 4.7 and is all stock. Just got a set of A/T tires for it 245/65/r17 Cooper Discoverer ATPs. Not the greatest tire in the world but I've used this brand since I started driving 20+ years ago and haven't ever had a bad set of coopers except for the cooper mudders I had on my work truck a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm just now finally starting to get my WJ to where I want it like you are but I suspect my desires are less than yours. I don't need/want the HO bulbs and projectors and non-stock wheels....But I would like my WJ to look something like what yours looks like. You've got a good looking truck there.

JeepNowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 01:36 AM   #227
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

I wouldnt mind, when you compliment my Jeep the Way you do, here is my setup for ya.

2"BDS coils,
New Coil isolators,
Bilstein 5100 shocks,
Addco front swaybar W/JKS QD endlinks,
Addco rear swaybar W/IRO ext endlinks,
IRO rear sway bar spacers,
JKS trackbar, KOR TB bushings,
Moog super trial boss SS.
Procomp 17X9" 4.75"bs
GGAT2 255/70/17 31's

My motivation for doing this again is to Get the new one in the same state of condition and moded like the still highly missed green one.
I know they Are common over there, but over here GC's Are rare, and usually bone stock.
Which goes without saying, my Jeep is 1 of around here.
Also you guys here at JF, helps me out a lot, keeps me motivated, and help me figure out solutions to problems. I really couldnt do it without your help and support.
The Jeep addiction is a great thing,
sure i got hit hard by That bug, but i love it
As for funds, the green Jeep still pays for the new one, no more funds added into the new project than the old one got me back.
And as you all know, i just empty every pocket on the first one, thats how we roll.

Thx again and stay tuned, more parts'n upgrades will come soon.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #228
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

More parts orderd the last days,

Moog coil isolators, to see if i Get back some lift height, suspect the crowns to be compressed already, or its the BDS coil itself. And i might end up with 3" springs to make the 31's useble.

And mid-case blend assembly, and the recirc blend assembly, to Fix my AZC codes 51, 54, 55 later down the road, when i Get more important things of my list.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 02-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #229
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

You must be independently wealthy LOL because I couldn't come close to spending the $$$ you do on my WJ.....Of course, I don't have the bug as bad as you appear to and I've got quite a few children and a wife I have to consider before purchasing all my stuff LOL
Unread 02-14-2014, 01:51 AM   #230
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Nah, it might seems That Way, but its just our crazy economy that didnt Get hit in 08.

I have about 5-6k USD left from the green Jeep payout and parting out, still after all mods, repairs and upgrades done to the new one.
Parting out the old green one and an old ZJ, made this money, also selling factory wheels and other stuff i dont need any more, brings in some more funds too.

What the Jeep takes, the Jeep have to pay back.

You are righ, i got no wife or kids to support,
but i got many addictions,,,, ZJ 5.2 project, a 08 Buell, and a 73 ironhorse sportster project to, so my parts acount Are bleeding for sure, lol

The WJ Are my no 1 priority anyway

Stay tuned, more $ to spend (shhh) more upgrades to come!!!

Changed my signature to reflect my current situation.

Unread 02-15-2014, 07:57 AM   #231
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Replaced driver side lifters today.

Small write up on request:

-Submerge new lifters in engine oil overnight.
-Disconect negative battery terminal.

image-420387251.jpg

-Position gear in Neutral.
-Remove air intake to Throttle body.

image-425781814.jpg

-Unplug wireing harness from coils, injectors, and the 3 other ones going to alternator area, and 3 from TB,
-Pull harness away from valve cover to make axcess.

image-3933291803.jpg

image-1217511580.jpg

-Remove valve cover, make notice off where the studs Are located.

image-3575891827.jpg

-Only rockers with cam lobe pointing away from rocker is removeble, pull the ones thats in the correct cam position and replace lifter.

image-1227525929.jpg

-Rocker arm going out toward its narrow end, Push rocker arm back into place again, after inspected both contact end for wear and roller for damage.

image-3281466145.jpg

-Turn crank, repeat until all 8 Are done.

image-739884429.jpg

-Make sure all rocker arms and lifters (if reused) come back to each own same spot. DO NOT MIX UP!
-Reassemblie in reverse order.

All Went well back together and lifters was replaced sucsesfully,
Still didnt cure my tick

More to come about that,,,,

Unread 02-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #232
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Ok guys, help needed!!!???

When i pulled the rocker arms i noticed some play between the camlobe itself and the cam???

This was worst at either cylinder 3 or 5, see drawing,

image-3467361274.jpg

on the ones i marked 1, which was the first one i pulled.

Then i found very very small play on the 5/7 cylinder, rockers marked 2.

And then nothing, no play in cam/camlobe, in none of the remaing cylinders, valve sets.

BIG QUESTION??
Can my tick be related to play in camlobe for each revolution it goes around, loosing and building up tensionen when lobe turns valves, its not like one solid piece, the lobes Are pressed on the cam shaft or something.

Anyone???

Unread 02-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #233
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Came across this "The 4.7 motor in case you did know, has a hollow camshaft. Thats means the cam lobe can rotate and cause a misfire"

Here>>>http://m.dodgeforum.com/forum/showth...ge=3&styleid=5

Interesting and freightning,,,

Unread 02-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #234
Irishgrimm
2000 WJ 

Thomahawk, love the WJ and thread so far! I also appreciate the details as I am doing a build of my own. It's a WJ SRT8 clone so quite a bit different than yours but none the less we share some quirks, mainly the blend door codes 54,56. I got a blend door kit from Amazon for $60 and did the repair without tearing the dash apart so if you need and tips let me know, it only took about 1.5 hours. I also just repaired the driver's side exhaust manifold as it seems a common issue for the bolts to break. That's where my engine tick came from especially on cold starts and acceleration. Not sure if you mentioned that you ruled that out for your tick problem yet? I was lucky and the manifold itself wasn't warped so it was just bolts and gasket + labor $150 total. Well keep up the good work and check mine out if you get a chance... you might recognize the color!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...build-2108553/
1991 YJ Sport, Black, 4'' Skyjacker, 33'' Cepeks - Blown Engine and Parted out
Irishgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #235
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

^^^Awsome, Nice buildt you got going there, That will be one H of a WJ!!!
Like what i see so far, my last WJ started at 20's still like That look for a street Jeep, also those SRT8 rims Are sure Nice.

Pretty sure it aint the famous exhaust tick,
deff more of a cam lifter related sound, i guess, we will see.

Ordered the Mopar mid case and recirc blend door kit, but will be awhile before i will Get to do that one.

Unread 02-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #236
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Gonna try this two,

http://www.wynnoil.co.uk/products-wy...lve-lifter.htm
Goes into oil and stays until next oil change,,, And this, http://www.wynnoil.co.uk/products-wy...em-cleaner.htm
Oil flush do use before engine oil change.

Unread 02-15-2014, 05:38 PM   #237
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

Posted in another thread, but have you ever given your WJ a Seafoam treatment? I've heard a lot here on this forum and personally from mechanic friends who love this stuff and say it really does do what it says it does.

1/3 of a can into the gas tank, 1/3 of a can into the engine oil, and 1/3 of a can to suck up through a vac hose from the brake booster. If you haven't done this yet, google a video of WJ seafoam treatment. Also it makes LOTS of smoke when you suck it up through the vac hose LOL
Unread 02-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #238
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Yeah i know about seafoam, isnt availeble over here, but might order some of That shhh to, couldnt hurt, and gets great reviews though.

Unread 02-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #239
JeepNowski
2004 WJ 

I figured you had but I wasn't 100% sure.....and I didn't know about it's availability over there.

Well at any rate, good luck on figuring out the exact cause of, and subsequent fixing of the tick. I'm rooting for ya.
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #240
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Got front diff fluid and BTF cover done today,

Pulled old cover and drained fluid, looked ok, not to bad

image-2535752730.jpg

Cleaned out gears and diff housing with brake cleaner, inspected magnet, no excessive metal going on, and gears looked ok, no visible wear or tear.

image-3007253583.jpg

image-2199769053.jpg

Used a lubelocker for the first time, really great product

image-3711503983.jpg

image-2864332083.jpg

image-3990451204.jpg

Got BTF cover mounted,

image-4180221866.jpg

And refilled with Redline 75W-140, no Mopar FM needed

image-4290598890.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.