Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #166
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Recieved more parts today, Quadratec Window wipe seals Will save them up for the spring, as the ones i have now aint That bad. And 4300k headlight bulbs, they first sent me wrong ones, so i now have both 5000k and 4300k to test what color fits the CCFL best. And, last LED interior light bulbs needed for a complete upgrade.
Let see some close up pictures of the edges of those seals. Are they metal or plastic inside?

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #167
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

I need some of those too.
Unread 01-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #168
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeeJeep View Post
I need some of those too.
I have a set from TGC, brand new, never used, if you are willing to seal the edges with black RTV. For sale in classifieds.

Unread 01-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #169
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
Let see some close up pictures of the edges of those seals. Are they metal or plastic inside? Sent from my iPad using my fingers
I will check them out later, new problem today
Just keep adding up on my looong list.

Found my horn and Steering wheel lock not working,,,, WTF!!!

Anyone? Clockspring, ingnition cylinder?

Seems like this 04 have more problems than my 00 ever had, shhhhh Really getting tired of all the hazzel and things not working, i might Go against the mainstream and claim the early years Are WAY better buildt quality than the late ones.

Upgraded headlight bulbs to 4700k, still not white, confused, 5000k bulbs on order.
And did ashtray, courtesy under dash, and Glove box light, to complete my LED interior light upgrade.

Fuel door rubber thingys from GCJEEPING, THX man image-2832055186.jpg
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...grade-1813490/

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #170
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Clock spring for the horn, maybe, but it's not what locks the steering wheel. It's only function is to keep the connection while the steering wheel turns. The locking mechanism is in the steering column. The ignition cylinder only pushes down a rod that pushes on an ignition switch, down lower into the steering wheel column. If you take the covers off, you will see how it works.

Unread 01-21-2014, 12:35 PM   #171
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Update, found some time to pull Steering colum covers and have a look at it today,

Horn issue was blown fuse, good thing it wasnt the clockspring, replaced fuse and got horn back again

Then the Steering wheel lock all of a sudden worked again, tried it several times and got everything back together again.

WTF, still Steering wheel lock not working after i put covers back on!!!???

I will need to pull it apart again another day when i have more time, until then i need to figure out,

What is controling the Steering wheel actuator?
Ignition switch, mechanicly or electric?

What is the part number for the Steering lock actuator thingy?
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 01-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #172
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Update, found some time to pull Steering colum covers and have a look at it today, Horn issue was blown fuse, good thing it wasnt the clockspring, replaced fuse and got horn back again Then the Steering wheel lock all of a sudden worked again, tried it several times and got everything back together again. WTF, still Steering wheel lock not working after i put covers back on!!!??? I will need to pull it apart again another day when i have more time, until then i need to figure out, What is controling the Steering wheel actuator? Ignition switch, mechanicly or electric? What is the part number for the Steering lock actuator thingy?
Strange. AFAIK, it is mechanical, without getting out the FSM. It sounds like something is either broken or bent. My bet is on broken, as bent would cause a bind.

Unread 01-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #173
JayIV
2004 WJ 

Quote:
First thing in the morning, going to check PCV, damn thing cracked in pieces at the lightest touch

Attachment 875938

Imediatly threw check engine light,
Got lucky to find a overpriced at shelf at stealership, bought it and replaced it.

Attachment 875954

Also replaced licence plate bulbs with LED

Ok now check engine was gone but still idle high,
Started to investigate vacum leaks, have a air sucking/blowing sound coming from the rear of TB intake area, found That it raised the idle rpm when i sprayed start gas in That area,

Replaced brake booster vacum hose and some others That looked alittle cracked at the ends, no dice

Attachment 875978

The vacum line going behind engine towards torpedo wall from one top to the another and have a t piece going to the resonator box was cracked at the ends going to the engine,

Attachment 875970

Attachment 875978

Attachment 875994

Attachment 876002

tried to tape them up with electro tape, but still no dice
Its still raises the idle rpm when i spray start gas in the rear top end of the intake, behind TB,,, aaaaahhh!!!!

How sensitive is this vacum system???

This now starts to irritate the H out of me, cause idle at ~1000ish rpm, makes it shift hard from P>N>D, and fuel consumption is out of wack.

And where the heck Are this ground strap going???

Attachment 876010

Attachment 876018

comes one from right side engine compartment torpedo wall>engine>this one, i cant see to figure out where its going,,,

Any or all ideas apriciated, i really need this fixed, its my DD,,,
Did you ever identify where to get replacements for those hose elbows? Mine are cracked and the Jeep is throwing vacuum leak (Large and Small) codes.

I'd love to fix them in the hopes of better MPG and idle.
Unread 01-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #174
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I am pretty sure the steering wheel lock is a mechanical mechanism, at least the limited times I've dealt with it.

I have 5000k 55w HID's, they are white to me and I've been happy with them. 6000k was *almost* too ice blue to me. But this is just my observation.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #175
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
Strange. AFAIK, it is mechanical, without getting out the FSM. It sounds like something is either broken or bent. My bet is on broken, as bent would cause a bind. Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Yeah, will have to look into it once more, cant be That complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayIV
Did you ever identify where to get replacements for those hose elbows? Mine are cracked and the Jeep is throwing vacuum leak (Large and Small) codes. I'd love to fix them in the hopes of better MPG and idle.
No, they Are a complete hose/bend part, got mine from Kolak, wasnt much really, sure cured idle and mpg issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
I am pretty sure the steering wheel lock is a mechanical mechanism, at least the limited times I've dealt with it. I have 5000k 55w HID's, they are white to me and I've been happy with them. 6000k was *almost* too ice blue to me. But this is just my observation.
Waiting for new 5000k bulbs to arrieve, i think they will be perfect white

Unread 01-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #176
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Lots of snow lately, so parking places start to Get an issue in my street, i dont mind parking in the woods on the snowbanks, thats what it for, right,,
image-2438737845.jpg

Unread 01-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #177
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Lots of snow lately, so parking places start to Get an issue in my street, i dont mind parking in the woods on the snowbanks, thats what it for, right,,

Yep!

One of my favorite things is to blast out of my driveway and then drive down the unplowed street while my trapped neighbors watch helplessly from their front windows.

Gotta love a JEEP!
Unread 01-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #178
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

Got my Lazy @$$ up and around to do some small stuff today,,,,

Replaced broken low beam bulb to prevent ti be pulled over by the donut pigs.

Pulled Steering wheel colum covers again, i didnt disassemlied the ignition/Steering wheel lock, there Are security torx like screws with a tap in the middle to make theft more complicated.
So i will need to figure out a bit That fits this screw before i can pull the ignition/Steering wheel lock mechanism and see what happens or not.
image-2452970798.jpg

Washed all the damn salt off, Been below freezing last 3 weeks, so been a while, sprayed off undercarriage and wheel wells real Good.
Then cleaned and dried out all door openings and silocon threated all door rubber trim, to prevent freeze up. image-598912187.jpg

Then parked it up in my favourite spot image-1186852260.jpg

Unread 01-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #179
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

I got MY lazy arse up and got out my FSM and looked up the steering mechanism. It doesn't really go into detail, but I think your problem is with the lock cylinder housing and the shift interlock cable.

EDIT-or it could be the ignition switch lock tab. (See 2nd picture). The FSM mostly goes into the shift-interlock and doesn't say anything (that I could find) about the steering wheel locking or what locks it, and I am not sure what else it might be called.

image-3245853539.jpg

image-1905336447.jpg

Unread 01-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #180
Thomahawk
JEEP ADDICTED

2004 WJ 

^^^Thx man, but Sorry hard to read that, could you pls post better pics?
What Are the shift interlock cable doing, park safety feature???

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.