Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep in Norway 2th buildt Overland upgrade

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 01-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #136
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Man that grille looks awesome! I really like the mesh and how that turned out too. You got the lift on already too, damn!

~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 02:36 AM   #137
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
I like the grille. It's so subtle. I have the same headlights. If you want a fun project and want to make them look darker with out compromising visibility, I pulled the lights open and plastidipped the fake chrome on the inside. They look a lot darker now and don't cut down visibility at all. Looks good! murder the whole thing for all I care, it's ya jeep!
I will murder it out, no doubt, like the heads as they Are right now, but pls post a pic of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
Haha pizza cutters. I have been seeing very similar rims on Chevrolets, lately. I wonder is that's what they are? Sent from my iPad using my fingers
I think the only chevy with 5/127 bolt pattern Are the astro van, they use another bs.
Will see if i can find any marking on the inside when i pull them off, wanna buy them? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Man that grille looks awesome! I really like the mesh and how that turned out too. You got the lift on already too, damn!
Thx M, was hard Work to Carbon that piece, turned out great though, and yes the lift is installed

Now off to pick it up,,,,
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #138
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Picked up Jeep at shop today,
Looks really good, feels great to be taller
ride is stiff and steady as expected.
Big thanks to Tom at Snapdrive who only charged me 3 hours labour for this Job, great Work as always, Thumbsup.

Also got rid of lots of bad clunks and noises from bad endlinks swaybar bushings, and shocks.
My left front JKS QD have a problem for sure, idk what happened with it, but its clunking all over the place

I am a little disapointed about my new hub fender messurments, Green Jeep had 20.5 front and 21.5 rear after lift installed, new Black Jeep have 19.8 front and 20.8 rear, Confused???

Is this because the BDS when installed on the green one was new parts, and coils and spring isolators have settled in?
Didnt messure green Jeep after settled.

Conserned i have issues to clear those 31's or have to trim a lot more.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:17 AM   #139
ZB_WJ
2004 WJ 

Here's a few from when I did it. Pretty big difference. It's weird how on camera they don't really look smoked, but the first pic shows the lens I was surprised how dark they actually are. The chrome reflected and made it look more greyish than smoked, so I pdipped them and am happy with them now.
image-419432430.jpg

image-302693994.jpg

image-3274646839.jpg

This forum is a double edge blade, it's saved me thousands in repairs and cost me thousands in mods
ZB_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #140
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Damn! Been a while since I checked in on you. You're making huge progress. I really like the new Jeep.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #141
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

"I think the only chevy with 5/127 bolt pattern Are the astro van, they use another bs.
Will see if i can find any marking on the inside when i pull them off, wanna buy them? lol"

HAH! I don't like them that much :-D imagine what THAT would cost to ship. :-P

Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #142
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB_WJ
Here's a few from when I did it. Pretty big difference. It's weird how on camera they don't really look smoked, but the first pic shows the lens I was surprised how dark they actually are. The chrome reflected and made it look more greyish than smoked, so I pdipped them and am happy with them now.
Thx for the pics, Good Work there man Thumbsup, my list is long so i think the headlights stays like they Are for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ
Damn! Been a while since I checked in on you. You're making huge progress. I really like the new Jeep.
Trying the best i can here, between everything, and waiting for parts, but hopefully kick *** rig in perfect condition will be finished before summer comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkendrick
"HAH! I don't like them that much :-D imagine what THAT would cost to ship. :-P Sent from my iPad using my fingers
Ha ha, Good! You will like These ones, right

image-838870389.jpg

Didnt manage today, but tomorow,,,
Wheels'n tires and trimming Are my agenda, so stay tuned.

Snow long guys!

Unread 01-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #143
lemiller
2001 WJ 

I love you jeep so far man!!! definitely an inspiration for mine. So far I have jk moab take-offs, 3in iro lift and kolak exahust. Next project is the sound sytem.
lemiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #144
rdkendrick
2003 WJ 

Ha ha, Good! You will like These ones, right http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...hmentid=979442 Didn't manage today, but tomorow,,, Wheels'n tires and trimming Are my agenda, so stay tuned.

Matter of fact, I do like them, I remember them.
Sent from my iPad using my fingers
rdkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #145
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Did you have new isolators on the green Jeep? That'll make a big difference
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 04:30 AM   #146
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Did you have new isolators on the green Jeep? That'll make a big difference
Yes everything was new when installed on the green Jeep, drove it 6 months before it got disassemblied.

Now off to mount and fit tires,,,,

Sneak peak>>>
image-1404982955.jpg

image-1858092252.jpg

Unread 01-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #147
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Trimming off bumber and plastic sure needed,

image-1585363080.jpg

image-2522238356.jpg

Started cut 15cm from top, going out from 0 here to 20mm at height with lower point of fogs, from here its just straight in on the bottom.

image-529463263.jpg

image-2735623535.jpg

image-989475936.jpg

Choose to try a cutting wheel instead of a dremmel, Works Way better, as it cuts and melts the plastic, made some holes and put some zip ties to pull the wheel well plastic towards the fogs.

image-3473086439.jpg

image-749874881.jpg

Also cut some of the rocker guard plastic in the rear of the front wheels,

image-1597400258.jpg

image-2600483607.jpg

Still rub bottom of front bumber, but only at lock in reverse, guess i will need to trim more before tires does it for me, lol

Unread 01-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #148
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

What you guys think???

Wheels deff feels great with the stiff BDS/Billy's combo, Nice ride, very happy Jeeper

Wider stance and attitude with AT's makes it start to get there now, and we might Get the first real snow here in the weekend
image-2241936393.jpg

Unread 01-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #149
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Also got around to Fix a video clip of my engine tick, my other mechanic friend that installed the lift also had a listen to the tick, most likely from valve area over exhaust manifold, he said to.

Anyone want to play guessing games before i pull valve cover?

Unread 01-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #150
Hytek
1998 ZJ 

I'm really liking what you did with the grill! Give's me an idea of what to do with mine now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.