Jeep In Norway - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep In Norway

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 09-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #1261
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Got more parts pulled of the wreck today,
Exhaust, JKS trackbar, front swaybar with JKS QD, AC radiator and radiator, battery tray, coolant expantion tank, cruise control unit, AC compresor, purge solenoid, air intake and filter box, master brake unit, Steering fluid cooler, and disconected all wires/plugs to separated harness from engine,,,,,

Whats left to pull,,,?
Wheels'n brakes, axles, springs, engine, trans, transfer, doors,,,

Hard part will be axles, engine and trans, but i might have a Good idea going on for That, we will see how it Works out

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #1262
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

So you got to keep parts, and getting paid by the insurance company? That is interesting, not how it works around here. ha
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #1263
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
So you got to keep parts, and getting paid by the insurance company? That is interesting, not how it works around here. ha
Yes Michael, thats right, cause
If it somehow was my fault, it should be covered by my insurance and my coverage for the Jeep is just book value.

But ONE SMART guy told me That they will try to cover the damages due to my coverage in my insurance deal.
This ONE SMART guy also told me That since this was completly not my fault my insurance coverage dont mean shhhh in this case..
Then its the INSURANCE LAW tha comes onboard to play
By the insurance law, its the economical loss That i have That is going to be covered, Even if it extend the coverage in my insurance deal.

THIS WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW AND GOOD NEWS FOR ME, THANKS ONE SMART GUY

I told this to the insurance company, they turned around right away and TJITJIIIING we have money for parts and upgrades.

So i got about 22k$ for the Jeep (book value,)
+15k$ for parts snd upgrades,
And traded the wreck back again for 5k$ of Those 15,,,,

I think the insurance law is the same over there,
But they dont offer or tell this, you will have to demand it, atleast its how it Works here.
Its not usual to Get the wreck back when unibody i croocked, but they felt like i deserved it after all the parts and time and effort put into it.
I will not Get money before wreck is parted out and returned to insurance wrecker/JY.

Cause this Vehicle Are not going back on the Road again, so they wil see it Get wrecked before they pay me the money.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #1264
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Pulled front and rear driveshaft and transfercase today, next will be axels, engine and Transmission, so off to the wrecker.
Learning a great deal about how its buildt up and put together, thats Nice.

Unread 09-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #1265
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Oh I think I see now. Since you were NOT at fault here, the person who hit you, his/her insurance is paying out to you. (Which is what I would expect however, the part out side of it was throwing me off.)

It's sad at the end of the day but, I am glad to see that you're alright first off, and then seemingly well compensated for the loss of the Jeep.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #1266
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thx Michael, as bad as it is, i somehow find motivation in building a new'n better rig,
having all this spares is deff great.

VERY IMPORTANT lesson learned, and very good fact to know, That if you Are not at fault in an accident, your coverage dosent matter, its your ECONOMICAL LOSS That should be covered.

Now off to pull axles, engine'n Transmission.

New buildt thread coming up when i find a new Jeep.

Unread 09-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #1267
99WJ539918
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Thx Michael, as bad as it is, i somehow find motivation in building a new'n better rig,
having all this spares is deff great.

VERY IMPORTANT lesson learned, and very good fact to know, That if you Are not at fault in an accident, your coverage dosent matter, its your ECONOMICAL LOSS That should be covered.

Now off to pull axles, engine'n Transmission.

New buildt thread coming up when i find a new Jeep.
Looking forward to that. Good luck.
99WJ539918 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #1268
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Finished up with the wrecked Jeep today,
Axles, engine'n trans,,,,, Feels Good
Also found my front lower spring perch totally rotten, very bad
Got me thinking i had problems down the Road.
Might have to do some preventive Work to the next one,,,, Seems like shhhh design, argh

But on the Good side, this was the one and only suprice we found disassembling the whole Jeep,
No rust anywhere, and not Even a stuck bolt a breakerbar couldnt handle, whole Jeep was disassemblied with only elbowgrease, breakerbar, handtools, and a 1.5T garagejack

Some last pics of the sceleton>>>
image-256713811.jpg

image-3996271592.jpg

image-3889494699.jpg

image-3788376421.jpg

image-691770986.jpg

image-176076660.jpg

image-1512651975.jpg

image-839883682.jpg

Unread 09-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #1269
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Good Job. I think it is great experience to tear down a car. Now you can go and replace any part in your new WJ with no problem (I hope no parts will need to be changed

Off the topic, I want to ask you a question, I have 01 WG limited, as you had a WG and I believe you had a similar temperature and pressure gauge, do you remember usually both gauges needle where they used to set during normal operating conditions?

My WG temperature Gauge has no numbers on it, but it always sets on hair thickness below the middle while normal driving, and when I go wheeling it goes a hair thickness over the half and then it goes back below the middle, is it what you had on your WG?

Concerning the Oil pressure gauge, it is divided into 4 quarters, first quart has no number, but the one in the middle measures 3 bars, and usually my gauge measures something around the 3rd quarter which is supposed to be around 4.5 bars.

The engine runs nice and smooth so far but it hit the 200,000 km and just I want to know if everything works as it is supposed to be.

Thanks in advance

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
veiri86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #1270
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thats seems like excactly what my gauges was showing when everything was normal.
Temperatur, straight up/middle, Hair down, Hair up. Oil presure, from 3-5 bar, everything should be fine, 200k km is nothing for These engine's, dont worry.

Unread 09-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #1271
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk
Thats seems like excactly what my gauges was showing when everything was normal.
Temperatur, straight up/middle, Hair down, Hair up. Oil presure, from 3-5 bar, everything should be fine, 200k km is nothing for These engine's, dont worry.
Thanks a lot for the input and good luck finding your new 04 H.O WJ

Sent from my iPad Mini using Jeepforum.com

01' 4.7 Limited WJ 5" lifted, Rubicon Express 4.5" coil springs with IRO critical path setup and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), JKS HD tie rod (MOOG problem solver Ends), JKS HD drag link (Moog Probel solver Ends), 4.56 Yukon ring and pinion, Moog HD SSD107 Steering Stabilizer, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, Stillen slotted rotors all around with Stillen brake pads, IRO adjustable A-Arm, 3" all the way Kolak Exhaust with High flow Magnaflow Cat. Converter and Flowmaster Super 50 Muffler, 285/70R17 AT Kumho (33") on 17" BlackWheel rims 909B, K&N Cold air intake, Four nozzles Bosch injectors, and Flashpaq 3780.

03' 4.7 H.O WJ 3" lifted, OME HD with 0.5" Coil spacers and Bilstien 5100 shocks all around, JKS adjustable Trackbar (KOR bushings), Moog Problem solver TRE's, IRO Front drive shaft conversion, IRO adjustable A-Arm, High flow magnaflow mini cats, high flow magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 265/65R17 AT Yokohama on 17" Rays rims, and Flashpaq 3780
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #1272
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Put out a thread about the wrecked part out Jeep, and that i was looking for a 04HO, on the Norwegian Jeep forum.
Now i got offered 2 different 04HO's, owned by entusiasts, also got some requests so i Get rid of more parts

Unread 09-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #1273
veiri86

2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Put out a thread about the wrecked part out Jeep, and that i was looking for a 04HO, on the Norwegian Jeep forum.
Now i got offered 2 different 04HO's, owned by entusiasts, also got some requests so i Get rid of more parts
Glad to hear that.

In my Area, am the only one who drives WJ/G with some upgrades/modifications.

And it's like every two/three weeks and sometimes one month to see one WJ/G passing by, so it is good to know that in Norway it is different.

Unread 09-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #1274
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by veiri86

Glad to hear that.

In my Area, i am the only one who drives WJ/G with some upgrades/modifications.

And it's like every two/three weeks and sometimes one month to see one WJ/G passing by, so it is good to know that in Norway it is different.
Nja. Mine was the one and only lifted, loved, and modded seriously, i have seen around here to, they Are around but rare and mostly bone stock,
Seems like after 01 they sold mainly 3.1 and 2.7 Diesel's due to very high taxes on Those V8's.
The 4.7HO Are also valued higher in price.
Atleast i now have 2 Jeep's to Go look at

Unread 09-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #1275
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry about the wreck. Maybe in your next WJ invest in a heavy duty bumper!
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.