Jeep In Norway - Page 82 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep In Norway

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #1216
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madslynge87
Oh no :-( how bad is it, and what happened ??
Got butt F or rear ended, i was at at full stop (Thanx Stillen and GG AT2) cause of trafic jam in front of me in my lane, i look in the mirror and see this Kangoo coming real fast, next the scream of his tires in my ears, then a really hard impact.
I bet he had about 70-80km/h~55mph when he hit me,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson

Got rear ended, hard, by the looks of it. Did the frame get bent?

Deff, will not buff out, the WJ have unibody, no doors will open/close, had to kick the door Open to Go out.

Is everybody okay?
I think so, so far so Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Oh jeez, I am so sorry man. Hope you're alright.
Just got home from hospital, after check up, neck hurts and have a funny headeache,
But thats normal after accident like this.

R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #1217
madslynge87
2000 WJ 

Holy sh** !! Well at least it's the retard who rearended you, that is responsible. Hope he has a good encurance !!
madslynge87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #1218
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madslynge87
Holy sh** !! Well at least it's the retard who rearended you, that is responsible. Hope he has a good encurance !!
We will see what happens now Jeep wise,
i have been deep into this project now for 4 years, Cost me both an arm and a leg (and a relationship),
I might not have the motivation or $ to do it over again, insurance wil deff only pay list price by book, not cover all the upgrades and maintance done, which make me cry deep within my
Just
Every
Empty
Pocket

But it have saved me twice (last time, moosse accident)
So no Wonder why i truly loved my one off Jeep.
Now after the lift and audio upgrades,
it finally had become the Jeep of my dreams.
I might Kept it for the rest of my or its life, if this accident didnt happened today.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #1219
madslynge87
2000 WJ 

Fix her up again ! :-( crying with you !
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #1220
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

No Way, Unibody is bent every Way, either 4 doors open and/or closes, its dead, sorry

And some more wrecked pics + pics of F.....
image-1969863019.jpg

image-3562930979.jpg

image-2559842908.jpg

image-2897444130.jpg

image-3923731659.jpg

image-1539504117.jpg

image-3511928142.jpg

Unread 08-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #1221
madslynge87
2000 WJ 

It's just so sad ! Hope the best for your jeep future !
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #1222
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Will start to pull audio and more stuff tomorow,
Deff a no repair, the Jeep saved me twice over the years, i guess i will get another WJ

Thx, unfortunatly a moosse in the front and a Kangoo in the rear was to much for my Jeep,
To many animals out there,,,, lol

Unread 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #1223
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That suuuuucks man, sorry to hear. I got rear ended as well on Tuesday afternoon in my WJ. Not nearly as hard as you did, but it seems the unibody on mine is bent similar to yours. You can tell the back of the chassis was bent downward, making the gaps at the top of the doors bigger than the bottom. I'd say yours is definitely totalled, try to get some of those parts off quick! I'm worried mine will be totalled as well. So pissed because my Jeep was in perfect condition before this.

Glad you are ok though. The headrests in the WJ are terrible and when I'm driving, they are probably 8-10" behind my head, which is worthless in an accident like this. Since you sorta saw the guy coming, were you able to put your head back in time? I wasn't and my neck is a tad sore a few days later.
Unread 08-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #1224
Nomadsz
2003 WJ 

Unlucky mate. NO defence agaist a speeding white van man.

How about this for a plan, Buy the car form the insurance company Take all the cool parts and what you don't fit to the exes' car you can then sell. Sell all the good part to the rest of the WJ to part starved european jeepers out there who need good replacement parts.

Take the cash and buy a 5.7 Hemi Wk , call Superlifts, transplant the wheels and ICE and you will probably have the first hard core WK in your part of the world.

Ever cloud has a silver lining
Nomadsz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #1225
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thx guys, positive thing,,,
Guy That put value on car for insurance company totalt understood my situation and they will offer me an amount for my Jeep, then another amount for all parts and upgrades put onto it, we will see how That ends.

Now off to pull stereo, floor Mats, tuner,,,

Unread 08-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #1226
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Got some pulled out of the wreck today,
Alpine HU,
Rockford Fosgate Amp's,
Sub woofer,
Rugged Ridge floor liners,
Superchip tuner,
All my Jeep and personal stuff,

Feels a little better now,
image-2217770070.jpg

Unread 08-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #1227
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

Sorry about the jeep man. Mine was rear ended a few years ago, totaled the other suv and i got away w a lil dent.
Are you selling anything off of it?
RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #1228
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklyjeep10
Sorry about the jeep man. Mine was rear ended a few years ago, totaled the other suv and i got away w a lil dent.
Are you selling anything off of it?
Thx man, i am not sure if thats going to be possible, insurance might pay me for both Vehicle and parts/upgrades.
Then the Jeep is not my property anymore, and out of my hands.
Other possibility is That i buy the wreck back again after insurance payment/agreement.
But i might not need anything from it if they cover all my parts and upgrades, we will see how things turns out.

Unread 08-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #1229
oaklyjeep10
2002 WJ 

Ok. Best of luck!
RCLAs | IRO 6.5" springs| Nitto Trail Grapplers 35s | Smitty built 8000 | Custom front Bumper | Complete sound system 2 12s | BTF cover and truss (rear) | Custom sliders | Flashpaq [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/dhalls-build-1508292/[/URL]
oaklyjeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #1230
mibridger
2002 WJ 

Hi T,

You should be able to make a deal where they agree to pay for the replacement of the vehicle and then you can offer to 'buy back' the salvage.

This is common in the UK for lightly damaged vehicles, but in your case, the vehicle is so badly damaged it would be considered unsafe to repair it, but you may still be able to buy it back and break it for spares/parts for sale.

I would say keep the good stuff and put it into you GF Jeep, or, get another WJ and put them into that.

Best of luck T,

Mark.
2002 Grand Cherokee WJ Overland 4.8 HO, K&N FIPK, rear CAT removed, stainless free flow exhaust, Brembo front disks/pads, Addco rear sway bar, Bilstein HD shocks, Dick Cepek 17x9 wheels, Cooper Discoverer AT3 tyres, dark smoke tinted windows 50% rear/20% front, LED interior lights, Spyder LED tail and centre lights, Rugged Ridge front/rear/cargo mats, TM snip mod.

Addco front sway bar, along with rear left brake caliper (siezed).

CCFL/LED front lights, LEF fogs fitted.
Head Unit Pioneer AVH-X3500 active sub, new speakers.

Engine rebuilt, new valves/seats, lifters etc (ouch).
mibridger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.