Jeep In Norway - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep In Norway

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 10-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #376
Grdaemon
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
WG are the export model of the US WJ. Its assemblied at Magna Steyr in Austria.
All Euro models are coming from that factory. You can read your VIN to find out if its a WJ or WG.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/vin.htm

Sent from my Iphone4
Yep I knew all that is correct except WJ is still the model description for all our Grand Cherokees. WG stands for the family series identifying export cars.All catalogues specify our model as a WJ in Greece and Portugal that I lived.

Bright Platinum Metalic Clear
[URL=http://members.cardomain.com/grdaemon ]Check Pictures[/URL][/FONT]
[URL="http://www.alfachip.com"]http://www.alfachip.com[/URL]
[URL="http://www.how2forum.gr"]http://www.how2forum.gr[/URL]
Grdaemon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #377
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Found out that my Jeep is pretty perfect for its age, went looking at a 04HO i been drooling at.

List of imperfections and faults:

Crack in cluster.
Power folding mirrors broken.
Broken drivers door, door check.
Rust under + rocker guards.
Paint faults.
Idle issues.
Wrong sparkplugs used?
Needs Throttle body clean.
Hood support broken.
Spring and shocks all rusted.
Handbrake handle chew by dog.
IDK what transfer case fluid used?
Suspicious service history?
VIN says 2wd, rebuidt to QD?
Oil leak engine compartment.
Exhaust all rusted.

So as you all understand its a nono.
Hunt continues......

Start thinking i Will not find a new GC almost same perfect as the one i have.

Sent from my Iphone4

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #378
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Posted on "What did you do..." thread but that Jeep looks a little sketch for sure. I would move on. I thought that I saw rust on the one picture.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Front XJ/TJ 2" Budget Boost. PM for details.
snobrdrkid07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #379
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Thats a pretty good eye you got there.

The seller was quite embaresed when i pointed out all the faults for him. He stated its not perfect cause its a 8 year old Jeep. I looked at mine and told him thats a 12 year old one, popped the hood and showed him how smooth the engine are supouse to Idle and how clean an engine compartment can be. Gave him a JF card and took off so he could hear how a 3" Kolak exhaust sounds. Ha ha ha! 

Sent from my Iphone4
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #380
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Hahaha thanks, When I saw that tail pipe and the hitch with some rust on them. I knew that there were going to be some issues.

Hahaha. Way to show him up! it is all about how much care you put into your car to maintain it etc.
~ 04 WJ 4.0 | Selec-Trac 242 | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Metal Matrix Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Projectors w/ 55w HID H1 5000K Lows | Sylvania Ultra 9005 Fogs | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon Radio | Memphis Speakers | Alpine Amps | Alpine Subs | Moog STB SS | Superchips Flashpaq | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars ~

~ Snobrdrkid's "Build" Thread ~ YouTube Channel ~ Fuelly ~WJ 4.0 Transmission Cooler Info ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | 2" Spacer Lift | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #381
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Hahaha thanks, When I saw that tail pipe and the hitch with some rust on them. I knew that there were going to be some issues.

Hahaha. Way to show him up! it is all about how much care you put into your car to maintain it etc.
It just make me realize how much TLC my Jeep gets and that it Will be hard finding a HO in the same condition, Even if its 4 years newer. I hate the WK, and cant afford a WK2 with Norwegian prices, so thats out of the picture. Been thinking about Dodge Durango or RAM pickup. Yes i know, let the flameing begin.....

Good thing happened today, got a call from another insurence company, they offered me full coverage and rental vehicle, to the same price as my half coverage without rental vehicle, great deal, accepted it offcourse. Never know where the Moose are crossing the road. Ha ha!

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #382
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

Quote:
It just make me realize how much TLC my Jeep gets and that it Will be hard finding a HO in the same condition, Even if its 4 years newer. I hate the WK, and cant afford a WK2 with Norwegian prices, so thats out of the picture. Been thinking about Dodge Durango or RAM pickup. Yes i know, let the flameing begin.....
I really do put so much TLC into my Jeep as well. In turn I think that she will repay me in some way, someday. I dislike the WK except for the fact that it did have a hemi in it! I think you may have some trouble finding what you are looking for, because 1, its a more rare vehicle, and not everyone takes care of there stuff. Best of luck, though, I know you will keep us all very well informed!

Quote:
Good thing happened today, got a call from another insurence company, they offered me full coverage and rental vehicle, to the same price as my half coverage without rental vehicle, great deal, accepted it offcourse. Never know where the Moose are crossing the road. Ha ha!
That definitely can't hurt! Good to hear!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #383
KayCeeJeep
2004 WJ 

I already told you that you had the best Jeep in Norway!
KayCeeJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #384
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeeJeep
I already told you that you had the best Jeep in Norway!
Yes i know, thanks, its a keeper. I Think i Will continue to baby it, until i can find a perfect low milage sample of an 04HO. My Jeep is paid off and doesnt Cost me much to have. I have also been looking at Wrangler JK, but they seems to only come with the 2.8 CRD (177hp/409nM) around here, i like the look of it, but i really want another V8.

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #385
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Do you think they'll import the Pentastar version of the JK? It's got more power than your V8, though I don't think it's got as much torque, and the JK weighs a lot more than your WJ does. Still, it's gotten pretty good reviews and manages better mileage than the older design of the 4.7 V8. Hopefully they'll make them available to you over there.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #386
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

I really want to get in a 2012 JK Rubicon and see the power for myself 290 HP is pretty decent stock.

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #387
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

I have been posting a thread over in the JK section, they all drool over the 2.8CRD engine and i Think its a better option than the 3.8 V6 engine.

The hunting for a nice 04 Overland WJ or a 09/10 JK Rubi Will continue. I may not sell my Jeep, but keep it and buy another one, atleast thats my latest thoughts, to have 2 jeeps would be perfect.

Sent from my Iphone4

Unread 10-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #388
snobrdrkid07
Mr. WJ

2004 WJ 

What are the power outputs of the diesel?

2012 JK gets 290hp!

-Michael-

For Sale:
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #389
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

The security alarm door switch arived yesterday, now i just have to find some time to pull the door panel, also got a new door check waiting on the shelf.

Sent from my Iphone4
image-2525767820.jpg   image-1084345869.jpg  

Unread 10-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #390
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
What are the power outputs of the diesel?

2012 JK gets 290hp!
2012 is out of the picture for me, cause the price, it Will have to be an 09/10. Also i can only seem to find them with 2.8CRD, most commom around here, havent seen a single V6 or a Pentastar yet.

Sent from my Iphone4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.