JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Grand Cherokee General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/)
-   -   Jeep In Norway (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-1193503/)

Thomahawk 04-08-2011 07:57 AM

6 Attachment(s)
It all started in april 2009 when i bought this used stock Jeep Grand cherokee 2000 mod limited 4.7L Quadradrive.

At this point it Had 100 000km/62 000miles on it, full service history and 2 PO.

I bought it in Haugesund at the west coast of Norway and drove it over the Mountain to the capital Oslo.

I changed brakes discs and pads. Gave it new oil anf fluid everywhere.

After some Months i changed both side bearing and seals in the rear due to a leak.

I have also been changing upper and lower balljoints and tie rod.

Last summer i gave it new wheels 20s with Dunlop grandtrek PT 9000 255/50/20. This Made it alot better to drive and improved road manners alot.

I also undercoated My Jeep, since it got no rust at all i thought i was a good preventive move, here in Norway we drive in salt 6 months a year. I used a shop for this. Its recomended to repeat the process every third year. They coat the whole underside, wheel wells, inside doors, rocker panels or canals That's What We call it. They put it in everywhere the water have access an use a long spray stick inside every cavity of the vehicle, after they let it rinse out and dry. Still no rust.

Last january i changed both front drive shaft including cv joints and boots, hence it was cheaper to buy the whole assembly Than just the cv joints That Wore Worn out.

This winter i Had a crash with a moose in 100km/hour. I repaired it with new Radiator, hood, front windshield, left mirror, front bumper, headlight support, and headlights. The moose died but the Jeep didnt. Its a fu..ing tank.

Spyder Halo Angel eyes head and foglights, gave it a great Face lift.

I also gave it Spyder led tail lights.
This Made it look soooo much cooler.

Next project is to add bilstein HD Shocks and Addco rear Sway bar to improve road manners

I also planing to upgrade infinity sound system.

Some pics of the Jeep and me.

yelset 04-08-2011 05:36 PM

Looks good. We looked at buying a WJ back in '05. Not many Jeeps in Norway. I have been there 3 times visiting my grandparents when I was a teenager. They lived about ten kilometers east of Molde. My dad was raised in Lillehammer.

Mike

Thomahawk 04-09-2011 09:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Today cruisn! This is How it Looks after i fixed it from moose crash and did some upgrades.

Thomahawk 04-10-2011 11:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Today i polished her up in the Nice weather. Feels good after a long salty winter.

Thomahawk 04-10-2011 04:23 PM

I also got rid of old Jeep, and 4x4 badges as they Wore old and crome was flaked of. Didnt look good, cleaner without..

Go naked! Lol

Thomahawk 04-11-2011 10:38 AM

Today i tried too fix heated seats. Not working, bad @$$. I rip the Seat apart and followed the wires through the cushion lether underside. Its a ****ing hell in There. Gave it up. Its like crazy with wires in There. And i cannot follow them inside cushion. I messured no conectivity on the plug under the seat That was going into the cushion. Stuffed all together igjen.

Wtf!!!

Dogbones 04-12-2011 10:46 AM

Can you post some more pictures of that beautiful country you happen to live in?

Thomahawk 04-12-2011 10:53 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Here you Go mister, from winters Mountain snowboard trip to Rĝldal, high up in the Norwegian Mountain. 

6 meter of snow ONLY...

Thomahawk 04-13-2011 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally spring !

View of the fjord in Oslo, Where i live.

Dogbones 04-13-2011 12:56 PM

thanks man, those slopes look sweet, now back to the jeep:thumbsup:

Thomahawk 04-13-2011 01:52 PM

I know, i posted it just because you asked Me to.......
Today i have been to fix a waterleak after they changed My windshield after moose crash. Now its finally waterproof again. No more leak.
And i went to the painter That did not put Push pin fastners and rivets when mounted facia/bumber after paintjob. Stupid thing i wrecked both My front wheelwells and He Had to buy new ones to me. Lol

BlindmeXJ 04-13-2011 01:57 PM

Beautiful Jeep!! And thanks for sharing those Norway pics:thumbsup:

Thomahawk 04-13-2011 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I consider to buy These 17s with nokian 245/17/65 as winter wheels. Can Get Them Really cheap because buddy of mine works in a wheel shop and nobody know who is the owner of Them. Lol
Just have to selling My original Jeep 16s with 245/70/16.

Thomahawk 04-13-2011 02:08 PM

When i can aford it i Will add bilstein Shocks addco rear swaybar bullbar and side steps. That's happens when someone fill up My account enough. Hopefully soon......

Thomahawk 04-16-2011 02:49 PM

Today i cleaned up My kn airfilter and airfilter box.

I also Removed the throttle body and cleaned it up, and the opening of the intake manifoild. I Think This is the first time anybody did this to the car at its 87k miles.
It was all sooth and full of Black **** all over inside. After a good cleaning it shines everywhere and i put everything back together again.
Took it for a test spin and feels like it revs better and more punchy accelerations, better throttle response.
Glad i did this, feels much fresher engine power now. 

The time now is 10:25 PM.