Jeep Grand Cherokee & bp 2 horse trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep Grand Cherokee & bp 2 horse trailer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
ajezo5
2004 FSJ Cherokee 

Jeep Grand Cherokee & bp 2 horse trailer

What is your experience with pulling a bumper pull two horse trailer with your Jeep Grand Cherokee?
I just purchased a bp 2 horse trailer and am hoping I will be able to pull it with my Jeep.

ajezo5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
kodenz
1997 ZJ 

Steel or aluminum? A steel trailer is gonna be around 3500 lbs. + 1000 lbs x2 = I wouldn't do it with my zj.

Take that with a grain of salt though. I have never towed with my zj.
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

How much does a horse weigh? Does the trailer have brakes and a weight distributing hitch? Without both of these then the tow rating for a Grand Cherokee drops to less than half of the bloated numbers thrown around by the marketing department.

Do the right thing for the horses and transport them with a real tow rig. 3/4 ton or greater.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
kodenz
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead
Do the right thing for the horses and transport them with a real tow rig. 3/4 ton or greater.
^^ this.
Horses are expensive as I'm sure you already know.
And to answer your question techno, a "small" horse that stands about 14.3 hands tall weighs about 900. Ur average horse weighs more. 14.2 hands or smaller is considered a pony(big *** pony). That's why I chose 1000lbs x2. But in reality they usually weigh 1100lbs or more.
And yes the measurement "hands" actually means the width of the average hand. 1hand= 4in.
No one will probably read this and care lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.