Jeep Grand Cherokee & bp 2 horse trailer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep Grand Cherokee & bp 2 horse trailer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 08-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
ajezo5
2004 FSJ Cherokee 

Jeep Grand Cherokee & bp 2 horse trailer

What is your experience with pulling a bumper pull two horse trailer with your Jeep Grand Cherokee?
I just purchased a bp 2 horse trailer and am hoping I will be able to pull it with my Jeep.

ajezo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
kodenz
1997 ZJ 

Steel or aluminum? A steel trailer is gonna be around 3500 lbs. + 1000 lbs x2 = I wouldn't do it with my zj.

Take that with a grain of salt though. I have never towed with my zj.
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

How much does a horse weigh? Does the trailer have brakes and a weight distributing hitch? Without both of these then the tow rating for a Grand Cherokee drops to less than half of the bloated numbers thrown around by the marketing department.

Do the right thing for the horses and transport them with a real tow rig. 3/4 ton or greater.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
kodenz
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead
Do the right thing for the horses and transport them with a real tow rig. 3/4 ton or greater.
^^ this.
Horses are expensive as I'm sure you already know.
And to answer your question techno, a "small" horse that stands about 14.3 hands tall weighs about 900. Ur average horse weighs more. 14.2 hands or smaller is considered a pony(big *** pony). That's why I chose 1000lbs x2. But in reality they usually weigh 1100lbs or more.
And yes the measurement "hands" actually means the width of the average hand. 1hand= 4in.
No one will probably read this and care lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.