Jeep crash - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Jeep crash

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #16
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

I feel a whole lot better after watching the 2 trucks crash , jeeps rule !

newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #17
Canfourjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

crash

Good thing they did not show a Chevy they are totaled with a 5mph crash . All new vehicles are tin. Even tje TJ is totaled as the frame buckels with a small impact. Two TJ's here totaled and they look like they can be fixed but the only insurance company will not let them be repaired and write them off.
Canfourjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
CFrolander
2004 WJ 

You think those are bad?

Notice how the gas cap door doesn't secure in this crash test, this is a safety risk for both driver and passenger in this vehicle.

Also reported was the slim nature of the seatbelts could cause additional additional bruising.

[YT]CgjtSilW8yM[/YT]
Unread 04-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #19
ZeJokee
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrolander View Post
You think those are bad?

Notice how the gas cap door doesn't secure in this crash test, this is a safety risk for both driver and passenger in this vehicle.

Also reported was the slim nature of the seatbelts could cause additional additional bruising.

[YT]CgjtSilW8yM[/YT]
That is scary!
99 WJ Ltd, Blacked out, 4.7L, 242j Swap, 2'' BB, 245/75/16 Kuhmo Venture AT KL78, Flow Master Super 40, MagnaFlow high flow Cat, Akebono caliper upgrade, Addco rear swaybar, Westin brush guard, Moog Super Trail Boss, Rancho RS5000, Rola roof rack with dual kayak J hooks, PAC-AOEM-CHR, Sony Xplod 1200w amp, 2 Sony Xplod 12'' subs, 118,XXX miles (SOLD)
93 ZJ Ltd, Blacked out, 5.2L, Reman 46RH, Reman 242 Swap, 3.5'' IRO + 2" BB, 33x12.50r15 Mud Claw MTX radials, Bushwacker Flares, 216,XXX miles (Still parked in NC)
04 F-350 SD Crew Cab FX4 Lariat, 6.0 PSD SRW, Head studs, AFE Stage 2 SI Pro Guard 7 intake, Blue Spring mod, 150,XXX Miles

ZeJokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #20
vansskaterfreek
1998 ZJ 

after i was involved in that kind of accident int car, it probably wouldn't matter if the gas door stayed shut and the seat belts held up, you would be a pancake from the car crunching up like a tin can.
Unread 04-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #21
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

wow, someone actually made a car from recycled beer cans.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #22
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
wow, someone actually made a car from recycled beer cans.
Lets make a Jeep out of recycled beer cans
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #23
perfectcircle
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.love View Post
Just kidding. Those test are silly. you can never recreate real wold settings.

exactly. remember the saturn vue recalls because they were "so dangerous and could roll over and kill you and your family" they recalled all the vues and did thousands of dollars worth of suspension work on them. why? because in their own conducted tests they failed to meet their standards..at varying speeds (something like 20, 40, and 60mph) when driving in a straight line they would have a machine turn the wheel completely locked left, and completely locked right in or less than 1 second...the vue went into a roll. could you EVER replicate that yourself? no. but they deemed it unsafe anyways
perfectcircle is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.