Iron Rock Offroad long arms, bad brake steer. is it common? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Iron Rock Offroad long arms, bad brake steer. is it common?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 04-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Iron Rock Offroad long arms, bad brake steer. is it common?

I have really bad brake steer after installing my 6.5 IRO critical path LA lift on my WJ I have been told by a couple people that this is the nature of their wristed radius arm design. I wanna know if anyone else has this problem with their long arms, if you fixed it and how etc, or if I should be chasing something else as the source of my brake steer... thanks all!

Unread 04-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #2
framanda
1997 ZJ 

I had terrible brake steer after I finish my three link. Custom not a iron rock offroad setup but still a 3 link. Turned out to be a bad caliper replaced it and now it's been great for over a year. I believe that the stock 4 link was hiding the issue and the the three link bought the issue to the surface.
framanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I believe it is a caliper after cleaning and greasing the slide pins it decreased
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #4
framanda
1997 ZJ 

Mine problem was the ceramic piston was seized in the caliper effectively makeing the brakes on that side inoperable.
framanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
clgielin
2003 WJ 

Mine brakes straight, no brake steer. Is your front axle centered, aligned after the lift?

2003 WJ 4.7L
Build Thread Here: 2003 WJ
Michigan Tech Jeepers #4
Utah JeepCrew #16
clgielin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
GODMODEX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

yeah it is, thinking brakes still but it's hard to tell

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.