Interesting Craigslist scam, cheap '07GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > Grand Cherokee General Discussion > Interesting Craigslist scam, cheap '07GC

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 04-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Wenatchee_Kid
2000 WJ 

Interesting Craigslist scam, cheap '07GC

I asked for info on a certain ad for a 2007 model, seemed too good to be true (as in 17K mi for $2200, hmm a typo?).

It beats me what the reply means or what they're up to, some kinda scam deal. I wonder if they do COD.
Enjoy.

Quote:

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee LIMITED with 17,565 Miles. The car is in great shape, no problems, damages or hidden defects and never been involved in accidents.

Is absolutely loaded. Has the Hemi Engine, Leather, Heated Power and Memory Seats, Navigation, Back-up camera, Dvd Entertainment System with two head sets. I also had a dual magnaflow exhaust system installed, a 2.5 inch suspension lift installed by a jeep dealer, new BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO Tires, new brake pads and rotors in the front and rear, full synthetic oil always used.

I bought it when i was serving in RAFB Louisville,KY but i was promoted and transferred to RAF Elmendorf in Anchorage Alaska for a 3 years period, so I do not want to let it ruin until i return, therefore I need a fast and reliable buyer.

The car is already at our Military Logistic Department from RAFB Louisville, U.S. Army, crated and ready to go. The shipping will be free for you because I will transport it using the internal logistic department! The Logistic Department will deliver the car to the nearest Us army base from your area and from there I will use a tow-truck to have it delivered at your door. The whole shipping process will take 3-4 days.

The final price is $2.200 which include delivery at your home address. If you decide to buy this car email me your: Full Name and Shipping address ,so I can inform eBay Motors Buyer Protection services that I have a buyer! I will forward your details to them and then you will receive an invoice (with no further obligations or fees) and you will be able to talk with them directly and ask anything you want to know.

Here you have some more photo's of my Jeep:
http://www.use.com/15cbf1ac057b4b83e95b?p=1

Thanks,

LT. Robert Bennett

Wenatchee_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenatchee_Kid View Post
I asked for info on a certain ad for a 2007 model, seemed too good to be true (as in 17K mi for $2000, a typo?).

It beats me what the reply means or what they're up to, some kinda scam deal. I wonder if they do COD. Enjoy.
Standard CL car scam. They are all over the place.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
alfaitalia
CRD Pilot!

2004 WJ 

You pay for that and you will NEVER see that car!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using JeepForum
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

RAF as in British Royal Air Force ? Ask him if they can do an air drop delivery. Of course this is a scam.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
webby88
2000 WJ 

If its too good to be true, it probably is. Live by this rule and you should never fall victim to such obvious scams...
Unread 04-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Give him a bogus addres, number, and credit card. I'll usually give them the address and phone number of the local PD, then email them saying they have been reported the add most of the time gets deleted. Another fun one is to give their info to a telemarketer.

You also could ask for the vin and have someone do a scan on it and it will show where it is registered.
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

pictures and info probably taken from a real ad off craigslist or something. bad news
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
StPaul59
1998 ZJ 

The wheels and tires alone would cost $2200
StPaul59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.